Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Review

Wonderful review IR...a thorough professional one at that. I am sure, this thread will have a lot of followers in and out of the forum.

A great leap over the current Safari, yet a job half done in terms on styling.

Thanks a lot, mate.

Btw, did you by any chance enquire about the bookings?

Wow what a wonderful review IR buddy. Each and every detail has been covered beautifully probably the best Storme review on the internet.

Loved each and every bit of the review. And after reading the review i have gained more faith in Storme.

SuperB review. Covered each and every aspect. The red Storme is stunning. One of the very few vehicles which suits to every colour.

The best pic of storme , [clap]and is the handsome man inside our very own ironrock ? [:)]

@ Bumblebee

Special thanx to you sir for treating us with some amazing pics of the red storme .

Attachments

Last edited:

Hmm IR, you made my day today !! I was really waiting for such a beautiful review from you.

No doubt it is the only best unbiased best review I have read on any forum so far and it really gives every detail with nice pics supporting a side. Pics are really good and the videos too, this RED in storm rocks !!

The review really guides a prospective buyer in a right direction for his final decision. So TAI rocks in Storm reviews among the others.

Many thanks for entertaining us and making us learn few new things from your review and also to learn how to write a proper review.

Finally I could say this to you IR[clap][clap]

Storme launched in Kerala region yesterday during GKSF opening ceremony. So happy to see it in real. Didnt get a chance to drive as only the show piece(on stage) is available there. But started engine and checked all the parts. Engine is so smooth and sounds like a rover :) Only one urban bronze Vx 4x2 available with dealer. Good quality leather seats. So spacious. Great legroom. Tried to sit in the jump seats but feel very bad to sit there. No probs with steering even though i am 5"11. Panel gaps are there. Seems like it is trade mark of Tata. Will do TD this week and share the experience.

Will take 10 - 12 days for delivery of my Storme (Pearl White Vx 4x4).[anger]
Again dealer told me that a grand function will be arranged for the delivery of first Storme.
Anyway so happy to launch the Storme along with Minister. [;)]
2012-12-22 16.59.50.jpg

Last edited:

@Iron Rock:
A fantastic review it is, saw it at 4 am and then read it twice, read every part thoroughly and seen every video. At last only one word to say 'fantastic'.[clap]

BTW, where is bumblebee??

Last edited:

First of all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.[:)]

@ IR

"The fruit of patience is sweet" they say and how right.What a fabulous review.The details the precision,simply mind-blowing.The best review in entire net world without a shadow of doubt.[clap]

Rated a well deserved 5 stars.

Now please answer few of my questions:

1. You drove Storme till 140 kmph it seems,how's the handling,stability and body roll at those speeds?

2. Is Storme composed when someone tries a sudden lane change at 100+ speeds?

Also for us the supporters of TAI,its welcome to big league.Hope other manuacturers also realise our importance.Thanks IR once again for a breath taking review.

THE X-OVER

@IR
Fantastic piece of work. An unbiased, honest and the best storme review I have read on the web.

Coming to storme, some how I am still disappointed with Tata for having missed another big opportunity to stir the market with an all new contemporary design and product in the 10-16L SUV segment.

For common Indian public, it's still a safari with better paint quality in the exterior and better plastics in the interior. Look at the centre console, it's so dull. What is that big steering wheel doing there? And those inconsistent and large panel gaps. Is this what Tata can offer in a 2012-13 launch to people of India? No luxury/comfort features at all. Today a car [especially which cost 11L+] is no more just a cabin to take people from point to point on sofas. The current time demands much more. For me this attitude is just nothing but rudeness.

I don't see Storme outselling its competition [ 3 year old Scorpio]in the near future.I don't see anything in it to be a mass puller in the market. A few more safari lovers might go for it or upgrade from their safari to storme. I don't see it causing any dent to XUV reputation/sales at all. I don't see anything in Storme that would change people's perception about Tata cars positively.

An optional 4x4 in all variants and a better equipment level [ at least a 2-DIN ICE and ACC] would have done justice to this product. With additional Touch screen Multimedia Interface with GPS navigation and Cruise control,Storme would have done wonders in the market which Tata badly needs at present.

I sincerely wish that it is only a ploy by Tata to slowly replace the existing safari with storme[in the 8.5-12L segment] and introduce an All New and Contemporary SUV just above this segment[12-16L]? I sincerely wish Tata to take such a bold move which they are good enough for.

Fantastic review IR. Gave 5*.[clap] This is the best review of Storme on web.
I would now like to have a comparo between XUV & Storme, even finer here as you own XUV. What say ?

Just some points which I disagree -

* The design is good, don't think it is right to call outdated. See Porsche 911,

* Storme sits between Scorpio & XUV, more towards XUV. Scorpio also comes cheap, that M2Di engine. I am sure Storme VX 4x4 will outsmart XUV W8 AWD for off-roads,

* The rear seat latch issue I think is not universal. Need to check with Storme buyers. Anyone here, please update about this.[confused]

All in all, it was very good review with nice pics & vids. Keep it up.
Waiting for comparo between Storme & XUV now.[glasses]

Coming to storme, some how I am still disappointed with Tata for having missed another big opportunity to stir the market with an all new contemporary design and product in the 10-16L SUV segment.

For common Indian public, it's still a safari with better paint quality in the exterior and better plastics in the interior. Look at the centre console, it's so dull. What is that big steering wheel doing there? And those inconsistent and large panel gaps. Is this what Tata can offer in a 2012-13 launch to people of India? No luxury/comfort features at all.
I think it was intentional, remember Tata Nano had 3 lakhs+ paid booking before launch which they failed to deliver and look at the fate of cheapest car. Similarly Storme too could have met with same fortune if Tata got bit overconfident and in rush. failure to deliver and unending niggles is an unforgivable sin in the industry,Tata might have learnt it hard way though

I don't see Storme outselling its competition [ 3 year old Scorpio]in the near future.I don't see anything in it to be a mass puller in the market. A few more safari lovers might go for it or upgrade from their safari to storme. I don't see it causing any dent to XUV reputation/sales at all. I don't see anything in Storme that would change people's perception about Tata cars positively.
Let us be optimistic.I feel a pull towards this pocket friendly grand beast against Fortuner and any other SUV in 20 lakh realm.

An optional 4x4 in all variants and a better equipment level [ at least a 2-DIN ICE and ACC] would have done justice to this product. With additional Touch screen Multimedia Interface with GPS navigation and Cruise control,Storme would have done wonders in the market which Tata badly needs at present.
it is on the way by mid of 2013 that is what rumors are indicating towards.

I think it was intentional, remember Tata Nano had 3 lakhs+ paid booking before launch which they failed to deliver and look at the fate of cheapest car. Similarly Storme too could have met with same fortune if Tata got bit overconfident and in rush. failure to deliver and unending niggles is an unforgivable sin in the industry,Tata might have learnt it hard way though
That shows how low in confidence Tata is at present. Isn't it?.Could be due to Aria/nano lessons.If they had received better response for Aria,would they have shown different intend with Storme?
Let us be optimistic.I feel a pull towards this pocket friendly grand beast against Fortuner and any other SUV in 20 lakh realm.
I sincerely wish that to happen.For that I hope Storme proves itself reliable in coming months and Tata do something proactively to address issues related to TASS.

it is on the way by mid of 2013 that is what rumors are indicating towards.
If Storme does reasonably well initially, a quick upgrade with all those luxury features, without a big price hike ,might prove good enough to even dethrone even the likes of overpriced Fortuner [clap]

Top Bottom