Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Review

Awesome review team, superbly covered every single aspect of this car.Rated 5*.

Very nice review IR [:)] Rated 5* ,Specially all video's are just cool.
And special that's for giving me opportunity to have hand's on this Red safari storme.
Btw, You have not taken any video on that ground ?

@Storme I didn't liked 2 things at all
Simple dash with Single Din.
Useless 3 rd row seating.
And what things did you like surfer ? [;)] share with us that too .

@ Mukesh

Congrats buddy , I think Rajdeep can help you in this case .

Congrtas to all who have booked the storme or have taken the delivery.

A nice Review of the vehicle from IR.

First thing first.
SO far i have TD 2 different storme and on hard braking middle seat remain at its place. So may be a stand alone issues or may be a latch issue.

Yes, a bit rattle is there in those stormes which belongs to pre launch, and first of the batch. But now at the time of PDI and service those problems have been taken care of. Problem is also corrected at the production level.

5 seats vs 7 seats: If people crib about 7 seats than please go for Aria or innova or may be ertiga. But if one need 5 comfortable seats with 2 jump seats for kids or small stints in town than go for Storme.

@ ALL

Our IR is travelling at the moment,he'll return by tommorow and answer all queries,please bear patience till then.[:)]

THE X-OVER

I am not really waiting for the XUV v/s Storme report.
+100.Completely agree with you.
@ Manoj

Hi , I don't understand what is wrong with the design its a good design even now and looks quite classic . Again looks are very subjective many might like it many might not as it is with any car which has quite a fan following . Storme is a upgrade to safari ( with all new under pinings ) not a new SUV with new shape , and safari has been popular for its desgin and looks . Tata has given it a modern touch and improved it further . This was clear since 2009 when the first test mules were spotted .
The current design is good if one considers it as a refreshed Safari.I always liked the safari exterior looks. It doesn't make any sense when the older generation safari is still available.My point is, this facelift wouldn't be enough to kill the competition,not even Scorpio.

But if storme wins in the reliability department and public sees a drastic improvement in TASS ,I feel storme could slowly pick up the momentum in sales.

Yup, it's an opportunity lost. May be the sad story of Aria refrained TM from going for a complete design makeover. But, everyone knows the pricing killed that car. If we see some comments, we get the feeling that the Safari's rear has been it's defining beauty aspect and that's why it was not tinkered with-barring the removal of the spare wheel (a move that is disliked by many). TM modified the front, they could very well have done something about the sides and the rear. But, it is still much more handsome than the 'stinger'.
Pricing was a big factor for Aria's failure. The attitude of Tata and TASS in addressing the issues cropped up in Aria didn't do any favour also.

@ IR : good job!! I approve every thing. Now completed 1800KM in my Pune - Rajashtan trip in STORME..no issue at all. no niggles. fuel avg 13.9, 14.4, 14.1 my last 3 refill.
It seems like you are expecting some issues/niggles anytime. Just Enjoy your ride and storm your way ahead buddy.

BTW the FE is really good considering that the vehicle hasn't been serviced yet.[clap]

The current design is good if one considers it as a refreshed Safari.I always liked the safari exterior looks. It doesn't make any sense when the older generation safari is still available.My point is, this facelift wouldn't be enough to kill the competition,not even Scorpio.

But if storme wins in the reliability department and public sees a drastic improvement in TASS ,I feel storme could slowly pick up the momentum in sales.

Pricing was a big factor for Aria's failure. The attitude of Tata and TASS in addressing the issues cropped up in Aria didn't do any favour also.

It seems like you are expecting some issues/niggles anytime. Just Enjoy your ride and storm your way ahead buddy.

BTW the FE is really good considering that the vehicle hasn't been serviced yet.[clap]
but my point here Manoj is why it has to kill Scorpio ? for what ?

Its a new product then Scorpio so it has outclassed it in almost all areas , the Scorpio in return in 2015 will outclass it , and then storme will try to and so on so forth . And iam sure both mahindra and tata don't aim to kill each other its a natural progressive update of their said vehicle .

Why are you not considering storme to be stand alone product which can make people happy who own it or are intrested in buying it with its reliability ( very very imp which it has to prove ) great ride quality ,good space , and many best in class things which are mentioned in the review ?

Is it imp that mahindra or tata have to kill each others products to prove they are worth buying ? Or did you buy your Scorpio because it was Selling more then safari ? Or you bought it because you felt its a better vehicle to own and drive then the safari ?

Last edited:

Raja, I am not against anybody buying storme for its ride quality/space ? I was just putting forth my opinion that those features are a must have in any vehicle and storme just didn't exceed my expectations and I am disappointed.

I personally believe , in India, we are deprived of cars which do justice to the price bracket that come with.

In our country sales numbers are the only way to change the attitude of manufactures. We need some tough competition at least in 9L-15L and also 17L-22L SUV segments to get ourselves benefitted at the end of the day.If not we will have to continue to buy either overpriced or ill equipped vehicles spending our hard earned money.

By no means I am cornering any particular manufacturer or favouring some other.I want our Indian manufactures start rolling out reasonably equipped vehicles at a given price bracket.

Raja, I am not against anybody buying storme for its ride quality/space ? I was just putting forth my opinion that those features are a must have in any vehicle and storme just didn't exceed my expectations and I am disappointed.

I personally believe , in India, we are deprived of cars which do justice to the price bracket that come with.

In our country sales numbers are the only way to change the attitude of manufactures. We need some tough competition at least in 9L-15L and also 17L-22L SUV segments to get ourselves benefitted at the end of the day.If not we will have to continue to buy either overpriced or ill equipped vehicles spending our hard earned money.

By no means I am cornering any particular manufacturer or favouring some other.I want our Indian manufactures start rolling out reasonably equipped vehicles at a given price bracket.
Good points .

But see here even our indian govt has to be blamed for having ridiculious rules like taxes on engine capacity and length and zero rules for passenger safety .

And then mahindra and tata have to be competetive also , so something somewhere gets compromised buddy .

Again iron rock reviews says many things are best in class means they are not offered by any other competetion that's what makes storme special in many things .

Last edited:

@Monoj

Your views are assumptions and sales theory is well accepted[:)] if I was a management student and studying in good B-school, but the fact to understand the Storm lies when you see it directly and drive it for a while, till then, who ever try to post something which is just called as assumption or market theory.

So the real facts about Storm are given below as I drove it twice, seen them plenty on the roads of Delhi and at the showrooms

- Storm is not a facelift of Safari at all, it is completely a different thing and to understand what it is, then you really need to see it and drive it.
- TATA is in no hurry for the sales numbers of Storm unlike others who are only automobile manufacturers and their bread and butter just lies in the sales
- TATA is big group and TATA motors is one of their flag ship company and so the Storm sales numbers never bother TATA and it is a least bothered thing for them.
- Look at the fresh perspective of TATA design team while delivering Storm and its engineering highlights, this you will understand when you drive it thoroughly
- There is no need to compare it with present scorpio at all as both are completely different vehicles all together and we do not need to compare again with some new scorpio which is expected to come in 2015
- Yes Storm can be compared with bit XUV and with Fortuner, but again TATA is not breaking their head to have bag full of sales numbers within the first month of the vehicle launch, but they are clear with their phase wise launching strategy
- Storm is a proper 5-seater and please do not ask it to become 7-seater. If somebody wants a 7 seater they will buy Aria[:)]

I request members to first see storm in real drive it and write your valuable comments and till then just follow the members and owners who had driven it which will avoid unnecessary confusion for the visitors of this thread who are looking for some valuable information from here. Best example for this is IR, see he never commented anything on Storm till he finished his TD and then came out with a great report with good and bad about storm

And what things did you like surfer ? share with us that too .
Well, I am a die hard safari fan so apart from above mentioned 2 thing I liked everything of storme.
Few things I would like to mention
1.It drives almost like a sedan no typical feel like a big suv.
2.Turning radius (its less that my current zen) [cry]
3.No turbo lag felt - picks up nicely at 3rd 4th.
4.Very low NVH
5.Good for city as well as highway driving.
6.Superb paint quality.
7.ABS in base model LX - total VFM

@Gurrala74- Storm is a proper 5-seater and please do not ask it to become 7-seater. If somebody wants a 7 seater they will buy Aria
What is the point of rear jump seats then,is it a goods carrier or pick up truck?

You mean to say this is a new Tata "standard" car a seven seater SUV which can accommodate 5 passenger only,great I call it ergonomic mess up!

Mind you Aria is not an Suv ,no matter how much they crib.

@Raja
+10
Agreed. Yes our government has a share too.

@Guralla
TATA is big group and TATA motors is one of their flag ship company and so the Storm sales numbers never bother TATA and it is a least bothered thing for them.
Does this statement sound a bit rude?Or is it just me.If people have such an attitude...[frustration]

When I spent 12L+ which I have earned over the years, I do have the right to say that I expect some better equipment levels in a vehicle in my shortlist. I have never pointed out about storme's riding quality, handling or engine performance which I know I can do it only after I test drive one. But to point out some non existent features in a vehicle I don't have to see it in flesh.

I don't know why people are saying that Storme has no features,REALLY? What about Toyota fortuner and Pajero Sport,both other real SUVs per say,why don't we compare Storme with them rather than comparing it with pseudo SUVs who have got literally no go anywhere credentials which I think should be an important criteria for those looking at SUVs.

Compare it with Fortuner and Pajero Sport(bear in mind both cost around INR 30lakhs on the road),it has got:

1.4 channel ABS whilst both the above have got only 2 channel.

2. All 4 disc brakes,how can you think a 2 din is more important than this life saving feature which the other real SUVs worth 30 lakhs haven't got.[frustration]

Yes I agree cruise control and ACC should have been there but is it deal breaker,NOPE!!

And thanks to the hydroformed chassis and new suspension its ride and handling is much better than other overpriced REAL SUVs.

Love or hate you can not debate that Storme is the most VFM (*real*)SUV this side of 20 lakhs,because face it there is no real competition for this 'real' SUV.

So called soft-roaders can try as hard but they'll always remain wannabees,all show and no go.

While Storme is super show with real go!!Deal with it bro,cause its nothing but the truth[lol]

While Storme is super show with real go!!Deal with it bro,cause its nothing but the truth
Nah...exagerations of a Tata loyalist!!

AT with 17" alloys could have qualified for "super show"

Top Bottom