Tata Safari Storme Facelift 4x2 Manual Driven

That's a nice and crisp review Akash but I have a different opinion about the car. Recently I too TDed the new Storme, XUV, Duster and of course Scorpio S10 (my partner owns one and it is partially my daily drive).

All in all I am disappointed with the facelift of Storme. Compared to the older vehicle, I am yet to find any remarkable change. XUV is already a modern vehicle and a minor facelift is fine but Safari is a bit dated now. Of course the underpinnings are changed, but Storme still feels like a Safari at the end of the day. Does it really drive like a 148 bhp hulk does? I mean where is the feeling that one expects from such an engine?
Interior is better now but still doesn't feel that special.

After the new Scorpio launch, I expected that Tata will also give some surprises but it surprised me by proving me wrong. Drive the super responsive Scorpio and Safari side by side and one can easily tell how the 120 BHP wild cat can have this 148 BHP elephant in its breakfast plate.

I request you to go and TD the new Scorpio and then check if the performance, FE and new driveability of Storme is up to the mark or not.
Thanks Sir, I made an humble effort and feel nice that this review has been helpful to you and others.[:)]

Regards

Akash
Though Storme has dissapointed me a bit with respect to features and the age old looks i still feel the drivability, handling and stability is better in Storme than Scorpio (purely my personal feeling).

Looking into the current set of SUV's within the price range within 15L which would be you both's preferred SUV with 4WD?

Beautifully written Akash! I have read reviews of storm in other auto portals but this one just touched my heart. reason being i love my Storme a lot and no matter what the shortcomings and niggles it has always managed to bring smile on my face no matter what. we all know that with passing years new technology and equipments will be added still the heart of the beast will be adorable in every generation. [:D]
Good job mate [clap]
cheers!

Thread Starter #19

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i still feel the drivability, handling and stability is better in Storme than Scorpio (purely my personal feeling).

Looking into the current set of SUV's within the price range within 15L which would be you both's preferred SUV with 4WD?
Well buddy, I drove this face-lift Safari Storme, I was impressed with the refinement of the engine and comfort of it. In case you need to buy sub-15 lac 4WD then this Storme can surely be a good contender.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #20

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The only grouse with Safari Storme is being Tata.My father dont like Tata brand due to service and resale issues.The only Tata which he liked is Zest.
OK, I would suggest you dear to reject a product based on its own merits and demerits. Zest also is of TATA and your dad liked it. I assume he may have liked it because of VFM. Similarly, Storme is not a bad product. It is worth considering surely. As of the after-sales, you can surely switch from one dealer to other. About Re-sale, Let me tell you, It can fetch you a good price if sold back in 4-5 years. If you are talking of poor resales of TATA then, let me tell you, SKODA has the worst re-sale value and when I say this, trust me, I am talking out of long-experience and that too 1st hand with the brand.

Regards

Akash

Re: TATA Safari Storme Face-Lift 4x2 Manual Driven

Some Info about the dimensions of the Safari Storme Face-Lift.

* L/B/H/W (mm) = 4655/1965* (with foot step) and 1855 (without foot step)/ 1922/ 2650

* VX Gross Weight : 2650 kg

* Fuel Capacity : 63 L

* Emission : BS 4

What I liked

* Robust Built Quality

* Interior looked good.

* Engine Refinement is superb

* Pick Up is nice.

* NVH well modulated.

* Space in abundance.

* Looks over all nice.

* Paint Quality good.

* Interior finishing was good. Though seat stitching could be better.

* Clutch is good.

* AC cooling really good.

* Horn is Ok.

* Integrated rear spoiler with stop lamp.

* Height Adjustable Driver Seat

* Blue-tooth connectivity

What is Missing

* No Automatic Transmission.

* No Sunroof like XUV-500

* No push button start like XUV-500

* Non Alloy Spare Wheel

* Spare Wheel position kills the look of SUV.

* Front Wipers not very good in look.

* Rear Exhaust is of same design.

* No Changes in tail lamp design.

* No Smart Key and sensor on door handles.

* No MID Feature.

Regards

Akash
I replicate your likes and dislikes in storme. Appreciate the work of Akash and a much desired thanks also. Very good photos.

A very well written review Akash, thanks!
I am an avid storme fan although i dont own one & never liked scorpio too much, but recently i took a scorpio from zoomcar to Spiti & believe me it changed the way i had always looked at it in the past. The truck is so responsive, its almost unbelievable & with the ease it took one of the worlds most treacherous terrains, was admirable to say the least.
But the problem is that now i'm in the market to buy one & i'm seriously torn between the two [surprise]

Thread Starter #23

Akash1886

Honoured Member
But the problem is that now i'm in the market to buy one & i'm seriously torn between the two
Buddy, you'll surely agree that both the vehicles have their own goods and bad. Honestly, Safari Storme Face-lift is a viable contender and I suggest you give it a good thought prior to purchase. Safari Storme offers lots of space and this is by-far one of the vehicles by TATA whose sales is not affected by the "taxi image" of TATA. Do evaluate in a un-biased manner and arrive at constructive purchase decision.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Buddy, you'll surely agree that both the vehicles have their own goods and bad. Honestly, Safari Storme Face-lift is a viable contender and I suggest you give it a good thought prior to purchase. Safari Storme offers lots of space and this is by-far one of the vehicles by TATA whose sales is not affected by the "taxi image" of TATA. Do evaluate in a un-biased manner and arrive at constructive purchase decision.[:)]

Regards

Akash
Very well said Akash. Zogi, both machines have same ability. But built quality is comparably good in Storme. If you really need a seven seater, scorpio is the best option. Storme has all wheel disc brake from EX variant. 17'' wheel really superb in Scorpio. Consider everything before buying. Akash can give you more inputs than me.

Good review, the most prominent change i.e. feather light clutch that you missed in this review. Storme beats many petrol hatches in this department.

I donot know about the Storme but the old Dicor had poor driveability due to the fact that 1st & 2nd gears were kept short as it also came in 4x4 avatar.

Thanks Akash & Stormerider,
I'm basing my decision on which of the two has less niggles or which of the two springs less surprises on you in the middle of no where, any inputs would be a welcome [:)]

Thread Starter #28

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I'm basing my decision on which of the two has less niggles or which of the two springs less surprises on you in the middle of no where, any inputs would be a welcome
Well you have put us in difficulty buddy[lol]. If you go by the history of both vehicles then I think Safari has been in market much earlier than the Scorpio and going by more than decade long reputation of Safari, you may choose it. As of Mahindra Scorpio, Firstly, you won't get the space equal to safari and Scorpio AT has got some slotting issues it seems as the gears are not that easy. Engine wise performance, I would suggest you to go by your own instincts after taking extensive TD of both. You will surely be the best judge about the performance with your 1st hand experience.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom