Tata Safari Storme EX: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
Update
Exactly 74980Kms the above rust area was inspected and it seems to be little bit more bigger hole in disguise.
Checked the chassis inner tube but cut open and mobile camera in video mode.
The result was SHOCKING. That area was rotted purely manufacturing defect.

TASS denied anything and agreed 25percent discount for new chassis. New chassis plus labour cost 2.4 lakhs and the other consumables like ac gas / coolant and other oil etc extra.
Almost made arrangements for the chassis replacement option However the name TATA kept me irritating .

Wonderful car which was made irritating purely by the product quality

Sold the car with no choice.
There ends the dream of childhood. !!

Good bye to TATA. NEVER EVER will buy any TATA. ( not only with my case. few close friends also suffered with TATA )

Except the brakes , everything else failed in the Storme. All were quality issues.

Update : 5 years 1 month - 75010kms, the car sold after repairing with 5mm thick sheet in the affected area.
Although most mechanics were not serious on this issue saying these are all common with tata , I chose peace of mind over TATA.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thats a Sad ending to a Sad Story.
Now that the car is out, I hope you can focus on more important things rather running around getting it fixed.

There are some Minor niggles in my Beast. Namely the 4x4 does not work. But apart from that most of the stuff is fine.
Use is so less that ODO has refused to attain 1L Kms even after 2 years.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Indeed its very sad. I never expected this. I thought, you will fight it out. And find some solution to the problem.
Was it that bad, that it resulted in selling the SUV because of one chassis hole? It looked like the car still had lot of life left in it .
Maybe it was bad. I cant judge from here, but still I was curious, why this drastic decision
But maybe its better to get rid of it, than loosing sleep over it and moving on with life.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #79
Yes, Life is short to worry with a TATA. Its just one problem less in life ! :)

Time and again a wonderful product ruined by production quality and service quality.
I chose not to post inner chassis picture , however interested members can get through whatsapp.

Moving on, have got a Nissan Sunny used.
After owning a storme no car will easily satisfy you new or old in budget of 6 to 10 lak ( used / new)

Came across this wonderfull review, This shows the love and affection you had on the Storme even after facing multiple issues with it you had not given up till the last moment. I can honestly say you have done the best thing by selling the car.
FYI: I too own Tata Sadari Storme Varicor400nm 4x4. I have done 51k kms and recently it came across the famous varicor engines EGR issue and its been a month still at showroom finally got the part and i am being charged 70k for the replacement including the labour.
Yes, Life is short to worry with a TATA. Its just one problem less in life ! :)

Time and again a wonderful product ruined by production quality and service quality.
I chose not to post inner chassis picture , however interested members can get through whatsapp.

Moving on, have got a Nissan Sunny used.
After owning a storme no car will easily satisfy you new or old in budget of 6 to 10 lak ( used / new)

Came across this wonderfull review, This shows the love and affection you had on the Storme even after facing multiple issues with it you had not given up till the last moment. I can honestly say you have done the best thing by selling the car.
FYI: I too own Tata Sadari Storme Varicor400nm 4x4. I have done 51k kms and recently it came across the famous varicor engines EGR issue and its been a month still at showroom finally got the part and i am being charged 70k for the replacement including the labour.
Yes! i totally agree after owning safari nothing come close it its ride quality and comfortability.

Like i had mentioned about EGR failure, Its been 45days still my car is at Tata Kropex Kormangala Bangalore after paying 50k in advance and service adviser is quoting another 50k+ for the work, still tata technicians and service people are not able to resolve the EGR issue. I seriously doubt their passion towards resolving the product issue which has has been sold to customer with manufacturing defect.

Thread Starter #82
In bangalore, you have good group of storme passionate people.
My suggession is to take the car from TASS and consult the group for a good garage. I cam help with few group member numbers if needed.

EGR issue are solvable at fraction of cost if you stay away from TASS.

just keep an eye in chassis for rust issue. Body rust issues are common and need to be tinkered , no choice.

EDIT: just saw in other post you are already in TSG. cheers !

In bangalore, you have good group of storme passionate people.
My suggession is to take the car from TASS and consult the group for a good garage. I cam help with few group member numbers if needed.

EGR issue are solvable at fraction of cost if you stay away from TASS.

just keep an eye in chassis for rust issue. Body rust issues are common and need to be tinkered , no choice.

EDIT: just saw in other post you are already in TSG. cheers !
Yes!!! I am already in TSG :) Thanks ...

EGR is solvable but it has lot of complications and tensions, Importantly reliability would become an issue.

Finally my i got my car two weeks back n i am really happy with TATA and their Service support, Since storme is out of production support from tata was never the hopes but surprisingly it was not the case they did hell of a support and not only that they developed a new software and wiring kit jut for my car from Tata Pune factory by keeping the same model of car as an reference. Kuddos right!!!!

Like i said earlier my car has been fixed with the modified EGR and for this EGR to have communication with the engine it needed new software,new engine wiring with different hoses also good technical.

Somehow Kropex Tata service center kormangala took this responsibility of repair work and have handled the job pretty well though it was lot of time taken but now when i drive my car i feel like i am driving new car, engine response is top notch and butter smooth torque is very good i feel like i am driving some small diesel hatch back not the truck.

I have plans of coming down to chennai, So we try to plan a catch up.

Thread Starter #84
Good to hear this.
I think/ guess that it could be current supply of turbo to match with ECM .
And yes dont forget to drive 160kms from chennai !! i Live at Pondicherry haha.

Cheers !

Top Bottom