Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.301+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scoop! New Tata Safari (aka Merlin) Launch On Sep 2011

@koushik:

I would be really happy for you if your information proved correct and other 'expert' proved wrong.

BTW, as per my understanding Merlin is based upon present Safari platform and not based upon X2 platform (used for Aria). Please correct me if I am wrong.

@koushik:

I would be really happy for you if your information proved correct and other 'expert' proved wrong.

BTW, as per my understanding Merlin is based upon present Safari platform and not based upon X2 platform (used for Aria). Please correct me if I am wrong.
Obeviously Merline is based on X2 platform. So now Safari will be available in two wheelbases. Merline for 2850mm and current Safari for 2650 mm . If you have more highway use , Merline would be better SUV than any other in it's class. Similarly as Tata has offered a lot in Nano even with a very small engine , and on the similar line Merline will offer a lot which would be comparable with what a very big engine would offer in big big SUVs.

Your confusion as regards to safari platform is because current safari will also undergo changes.

i hope tata retains the old safari like the (fiesta classic) and phase out the sumo, put the safari in or near the sumo grande price range.If they do so my long long dream to buy the mighty safari will be fulfilled. [cheers]

350Z

Core Team

On various forums of Tata Merline it is believed that Merline would be launched in 2012 only. I have perfect information from production department of Tata that it is absolutely ready for launching. Then why it would be delayed to 2012 ? I guess that we may get pleasent surprise in a few weeks.
It’ll be indeed a pleasant surprise for all of us. Tata has successfully kept the design of Merlin a huge suspense, just as Mahindra is doing with W201. Please do keep us updated here with more first-hand information on Merlin as you receive it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Here is the undisguised pic of side & rear profile of the new Safari (or Merlin) taken from a Facebook page.

Few key points:
1. Chrome strip on the rear door.
2. Small fold-able footstep at the rear.
3. Cut in side cladding for fuel-lid. (Does not look good [thumbsdown])
4. Twin exhausts.
5. Silver door handles??[confused]

Attachments

Hi, it looks very same like Safari. I thought complete makeover. It doesnt look good. [frustration]

Looks like most of the initial views of the pic are negative. A thumbs down from most of the members it seems. [surprise]

One more thing to notice, there is no door-handle on one side of the rear door. Does that suggest the rear door is top-hinged & will open upwards? [confused]

Its a total disaster, The earlier safari looks better than the this one.

Scorpio effect can be seen here, in order to accomodate 2 people in the rear they have made it boxy.
And the fuel tank hose is horrible.

350Z

Core Team

If this is going to be the so-called Merlin, then it is definitely not an appreciable move. On the name of upgrade, Tata Motors is simply doing cost cutting. Notice those tail lamps from Xenon? Also, the front stance looks lower than the existing Safari.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom