Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.301+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG

Suspended
Re: Scoop! New Tata Safari (aka Merlin) Launch On Sep 2011

Omni claims a top speed of 120.

Ever tried taking a corner at that speed?

which car is stable at 150 i am not talking about those highend 1crore cars which normal person can't buy . i have seen merc and BMW meeting accident at 150 in front of my eyes just because they took turn without slowing down also you won't drive a car at 150 in city . 150 means highway and curves at highway are ok enough for car to drive in stable form means i have driven my corolla at 190(above 190 is scary ) and safari 175(after 165 i agree its scary )

Thanks for the inside information Koushik! I am sure the new Safari will be a lot better than the current one.

And about high speed handling common guys these indian SUV'S are not meant to do cornering at 150kmph , they are comfortable highway cruisers and handle our bad indian roads aplomb!

@ AMG Am sorry mate i have driven Innova , Fortuner and Aria but Aria's handling cannot be called worst! Its as good as Fortuner if not better!

Thanks for the inside information Koushik! I am sure the new Safari will be a lot better than the current one.

And about high speed handling common guys these indian SUV'S are not meant to do cornering at 150kmph , they are comfortable highway cruisers and handle our bad indian roads aplomb!

@ AMG Am sorry mate i have driven Innova , Fortuner and Aria but Aria's handling cannot be called worst! Its as good as Fortuner if not better!
Yes I do agree that the Merlin would be much more better than the current Safari. Look at the difference in dimension and compare it with other SUVs including current Safari. A wheelbase of 2850 mm and wider track of 1580 mm , which decides many things in automobile characteristics....and which you will find only in very high end super big SUVs like Landcruizer , Rangerover, BMW , Audi and many others and in each case the car weighing above 2600 kg. Of course all these monsters are powered by extremely powerful engines. But Merline is designed for India where you never need so big engines. Bigger engines means more fuel and again the extra power you get will go unutilised on Indian roads. I can never dream of buying high end SUV which costs above Rs 50 lacs but if I get similar specifications ( except engine power ) in Merline for around Rs 10 lacks I must salute Tata motors. I would not compare Merline with giants like Toyota , BMW , Audi etc. etc. but certainly it would be close to any best SUVs of it's class. While selecting SUVs in India , practicality is very important and keeping every aspect in mind I am sure that Merline would be a better success than the current Safari.

I had used current Safari in the foothills of Himalaya in Arunachal Pradesh for a month some two years back. Honestly speaking I was not much comfortable with it mainly because of it's very heavy weight and big turning circle.

If you see the history of TATA they never stop current running car that's good thing about them . look at tata sumo and sumo grande they both are selling together .

Current safari will have price drop also after merlin launch . So safari will be 7-9L and merlin would be 9-13L and aria 13+ L

350Z

Core Team

I think, Mastersquall has hit the nail there. There are fat chances of Tata discontinuing the current Safari when it’s doing just all right. But we must not forget that Aria 4x2 is also on cards which have high possibility to fall in the price bracket where Merlin would be positioned.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Launching a new alongside a old model may look good on short term but on long term it may create an image problem for the new product particularly if the old model had quality issues.

Case in point being new Vista.

New Vista is a good spacious car with powertrain from Fiat and offers good features. However when Vista is parked in showroom alongside old Indica which is widely perceived as Taxi, people will tend to associate problems of old Indica with new Vista.

Old Indica was successful in its time. But in present time, its faults are no longer acceptable. Had Vista been launched as all new product replacing old Indica, people would have thought that Vista has got rid of earlier quality issues of Indica.

Same with Grande. Since Sumo is being sold alongside with it, Grande also suffers from image problem.

But TML has not been thinking along this line and we may see new Marlin co-existing with Safari.

well you are right
But person like me still prefer old design . So TATA just give consumer more choice to choose then forcing them to buy new design . Still its just personal idea i have shared .

If you see the history of TATA they never stop current running car that's good thing about them . look at tata sumo and sumo grande they both are selling together .

Current safari will have price drop also after merlin launch . So safari will be 7-9L and merlin would be 9-13L and aria 13+ L
You are absolutely right. Current Safari will be continued even after launch of Merline. There is confirmed news for that from insider.Yes it is also true that the price of basic model will be further cut down by reducing cost of interior. The Merline version is more like an urban SUV with a different fourwheel drive mechanism. For serious offroading current safari would be a better option.

AMG

Suspended

I would so love it if the current Safari gets cheaper by a lakh or two. [evil]

On various forums of Tata Merline it is believed that Merline would be launched in 2012 only. I have perfect information from production department of Tata that it is absolutely ready for launching. Then why it would be delayed to 2012 ? I guess that we may get pleasent surprise in a few weeks[:)].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom