Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.301+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scoop! New Tata Safari Coming. But when?

To my information from a friend who is engineer in Tata Motors , Tata Merlin will be launched in September 2011. He does not think that it would be launched in 2012. He has worked both on Aria and Merlin. According to him both cars share the same features as for engine and transmission. He has no idea about the price but it would be significantly less than Aria. The basic differance between the present Safari and Merlin is the ride quality and handaling. Merlin is designed for a stable and comfortable high speed driving. It runs smoothly even at 150kmph. My testing of Toyota fortuner at 150 kmph was not encouraging. The engine was very noisy. My friend says that Merlin is better at this speed ! Only time could prove that. Initially all versions of Merlin would be All wheel drive. The body weight is 2150 kg . ( not lighter as some people think like that ).Compared to fortuner the power is less but you do not feel like that.I am suggested to take test drive of Aria to get an idea !

My friend argued that with a wheelbase of 2850 mm and track of 158 mm and disc brakes for all wheels (235/70 R16 ) you are getting Indian Landcruizer at an affordable price with great reliability !But he fears that the car is very big for city use in India.

Though Merlin has good off road capability , it is designed more for on road use ! It is taller than Aria at 1860 mm.

350Z

Core Team

Hello Koushik, A warm welcome to The Automotive India and thanks a lot for sharing the insider information about the Merlin. [thumbsup] It’s one of the most awaited cars in the market today and the launch date that you have provided us comes as a relief. Can you please also share some pointers about the pricing and variants on offer?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Scoop! New Tata Safari (aka Merlin) Launch On Sep 2011

Oh dude..I fear merlin will be priced way high than safari. and are they gonna keep its name merlin only??

will they discontinue the current safari? or not?
thanks for the insider news! appreciate it[clap]

AMG

Suspended

1: To my information from a friend who is engineer in Tata Motors , Tata Merlin will be launched in September 2011. He does not think that it would be launched in 2012. He has worked both on Aria and Merlin.

2:According to him both cars share the same features as for engine and transmission. He has no idea about the price but it would be significantly less than Aria.

3: The basic differance between the present Safari and Merlin is the ride quality and handling. Merlin is designed for a stable and comfortable high speed driving. It runs smoothly even at 150kmph.

4: My testing of Toyota fortuner at 150 kmph was not encouraging. The engine was very noisy. My friend says that Merlin is better at this speed ! Only time could prove that. Initially all versions of Merlin would be All wheel drive. The body weight is 2150 kg . ( not lighter as some people think like that ).Compared to fortuner the power is less but you do not feel like that.I am suggested to take test drive of Aria to get an idea !

5: My friend argued that with a wheelbase of 2850 mm and track of 158 mm and disc brakes for all wheels (235/70 R16 ) you are getting Indian Landcruizer at an affordable price with great reliability !But he fears that the car is very big for city use in India.

Though Merlin has good off road capability , it is designed more for on road use ! It is taller than Aria at 1860 mm.

1 and 2: Maybe you are right. I dont know.

3:150 km/hr from an SUV, that too stable. Dude, 1st April is long gone.

4: the fortuner and the innova handle better than aria. That fact is as clear as the day

5: Indian land cruiser: Yeah right. Was the guy an engineer or a salesman.

Hello Koushik, A warm welcome to The Automotive India and thanks a lot for sharing the insider information about the Merlin. [thumbsup] It’s one of the most awaited cars in the market today and the launch date that you have provided us comes as a relief. Can you please also share some pointers about the pricing and variants on offer?

Drive Safe,
350Z
There is no clue as regards to pricing but I am told that it has three variants.

no current safari will remain only there top model will be stopped and in place of them merlin will take place

Oh dude..I fear merlin will be priced way high than safari. and are they gonna keep its name merlin only??
yes merlin will be price above safari . yes they will keep its name merlin only

i am not taking any side but what do you mean by 150 from SUV[anger]

The name Merlin is used for their internal record. It is possible that they may continue with this name.

There is no news about to discontinue the current safari. I think that it will be continued with some modifications and further reduction in the price.

1 and 2: Maybe you are right. I dont know.

4: the fortuner and the innova handle better than aria. That fact is as clear as the day

5: Indian land cruiser: Yeah right. Was the guy an engineer or a salesman.
If you are sure that innova handles better than Aria , may be that Merlin may not fulfil your expectations! I have yet not test driven Aria so can not tell anything. I am also bit surprised with the figure 150 kms/hr .. May be perhaps a wider track and longer wheelbase could make difference ! Let us wait and watch[:)]

I mean that no SUV from an indigenous manufacturer can claim to be stable at the speeds of 150 km/hr.
could please tell me by stable what do you mean . you mean without getting scared touching 150 ?

AMG

Suspended

SIGH

Stable = manufacturer

What I mean precisely is that no Indian made SUV currently handles well at 150 km/hr.

PERIOD

Then answer this why do Tata Motors says top speed of safari is 160 if they know that its not stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom