Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.301+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.322+)

@Dharmesh

Amazing review buddy.Loved the part where you did lane changing at 100+ speeds and still Storme remained composed.A similar move on Scorpio can be very scary I must admit.

What more could delight a Storme lover more than to see a Punto owner praising it for its handling.Glad that that the Storme (pleasantly)suprised you in this department.[clap]

Once again thanks for your time and effort.[:)]

@ Freakdude

Awesome review buddy.Never saw it coming that you would find Storme's varicor engine a delight to drive in comparasion with the the 1.5 dci of the light weight Duster.[clap]

BTW,so what is going to be your next SUV :Scorpio,Duster or Storme?

@ Raja

Loved how you checked Storme's pulling power,so turbo lag and bottom end for which earler Safari's were bashed by people is not a problem in Storme,right?

@ Vichu
Congratzzzzz buddy..[clap]
Is it from concorde or Rf ??
What's there at Bolgatty palace? Is it official launch of Storme in Kerala or GKSF programme?
Lucky to get the keys of your beast from Kerala CM Oomen Chandy[clap]
I think this is first time that CM inaugurating the sales of an automobile and that too the REFINED BEAST[clap]
Its Concorde bro. Gksf opening and tata's pavilion inauguration along with storme's launch in Kerala.

@Dharmesh

Amazing review buddy.Loved the part where you did lane changing at 100+ speeds and still Storme remained composed.A similar move on Scorpio can be very scary I must admit.

What more could delight a Storme lover more than to see a Punto owner praising it for its handling.Glad that that the Storme (pleasantly)suprised you in this department.

Once again thanks for your time and effort.

@ Freakdude

Awesome review buddy.Never saw it coming that you would find Storme's varicor engine a delight to drive in comparasion with the the 1.5 dci of the light weight Duster.[clap]

BTW,so what is going to be your next SUV :Scorpio,Duster or Storme?

@ Raja

Loved how you checked Storme's pulling power,so turbo lag and bottom end for which earler Safari's were bashed by people is not a problem in Storme,right?
]yes the storme pulls , there was no knocking but then again I had to downshift to start cruising again .

One more thing dharmesh and I too felt was lack of the 6th gear , and the gear shifts are not sleek and smooth after 1000 Kms they become smooth or not needs to be seen [roll]

Don't worry the new 6 speed G-85(manual and auto) transmission that Tata is developing for Aria will make its way into Storme by 2015,exactly when new Scorpio is rumoured to be launched.Also it will bump up the power from 140ps to 156 ps and torque from 320NM to 400NM.The new gear shift also would be very smooth and slick.

Don't worry the new 6 speed G-85(manual and auto) transmission that Tata is developing for Aria will make its way into Storme by 2015,exactly when new Scorpio is rumoured to be launched.Also it will bump up the power from 140ps to 156 ps and torque from 320NM to 400NM.The new gear shift also would be very smooth and slick.
2015 !![surprise] 3 years from now and again talking about scorpio[frustration] hmm

except good highways i do not see a scope for 6th gear. most of the time 5th gear itself is idle[:)]

2015 !! 3 years from now and again talking about scorpio hmm
Relax dear,that was just my assumption.The 6 speed gearbox both M/T and A/T will only come to Storme once they have been launched in Aria first.And 2015 Scorpio is going to be a formidable rival for Storme,don't underestimate it.[;)]
except good highways i do not see a scope for 6th gear. most of the time 5th gear itself is idle
The point is not the 6th gear,but the gearbox itself.

The current G-76 5 speed gearbox which is in Storme and Aria is 25 years or so old(albeit heavily modified thus the nomenclature G-76 MKII),and can not take any more power/torque than 320NM.

The new 6 speed gearbox will help in:

1.Smoother gear-shift over current one.

2.Allow the engine to produce insane torque figures read 400 NM.[clap]

So all in all whenever the new 6 speed manual and automatic makes it to Aria and Storme it'll help improve the performance and efficiency of both these vehicles. The Xover just can't wait.[:)]

Relax dear,that was just my assumption.The 6 speed gearbox both M/T and A/T will only come to Storme once they have been launched in Aria first.And 2015 Scorpio is going to be a formidable rival for Storme,don't underestimate it.[;)]

The current G-76 5 speed gearbox which is in Storme and Aria is 25 years or so old(albeit heavily modified thus the nomenclature G-76 MKII),and can not take any more power/torque than 320NM.

2.Allow the engine to produce insane torque figures read 400 NM.[clap]

So all in all whenever the new 6 speed manual and automatic makes it to Aria and Storme it'll help improve the performance and efficiency of both these vehicles. The Xover just can't wait.[:)]
I always prefer M/T and if it is Storm then for sure, you will enjoy storm only with MT and a cruise control can be added which may be useful for long highway drives

I have registered for a test drive; Will get to know actually how improved it is over current Safari. BTW, keep it up guys, those unneeded repeated arguments have now been settled and the thread is going the right way, its really nice to read reviews\testdrive reports.[cheers]

Comming to Storme, seriously the last row is only for kids , enemies and maybe dogs .
so by this means they have made last row worse then safari [surprise] i mean i have travel lot of time at last row never felt like its crap i liked so much i always preferred it why i have full space to put my leg . i still remember summer travel where me and my brother played ludo in back for nonstop 495km one side without stopping . if you really want your enemy to suffer put it in my gypsy back [evil]

And if someone is looking to buy a SUV with comfortable 3 row then he needs to buy something like this
These are high end SUVs, rest there is one more SUV called Toyota Fortuner which offers three rows of comfortable seats.

Relax dear,that was just my assumption.The 6 speed gearbox both M/T and A/T will only come to Storme once they have been launched in Aria first.And 2015 Scorpio is going to be a formidable rival for Storme,don't underestimate it.
Depends on what the upcoming vehicle is, but one thing for sure, after vehicles like XUV and Quanto(It has fantastic driveability, though I drove for just 3 kms), BTW with JLR in hand, I am sure the future Tatas will also bring the best and latest of the technologies and that also at an affordable price.[clap]

Hmm, better chosen and closer ratios will make it a very relaxed cruiser and not to forget the gain in FE too.

25 years, then I must say that Tatas developed a good gearbox 25 years back, so good that it is competitive even today.

2.Allow the engine to produce insane torque figures read 400 NM.
400 NM!![evil], I wish they shed more weight and provide us with a 1700-1800 kgs Safari with such figures.

so by this means they have made last row worse then safari [surprise] i mean i have travel lot of time at last row never felt like its crap i liked so much i always preferred it why i have full space to put my leg . i still remember summer travel where me and my brother played ludo in back for nonstop 495km one side without stopping . if you really want your enemy to suffer put it in my gypsy back [evil]
Jump seats in Storme are better than old Safari. Its bigger (more seating space) and looks better built.

Raja's comment about last row seats in Storme is based on comparison with last row seats of proper 7 seaters with front facing third row.

Taller people (even people with height above 5' 8") will find it difficult to sit in the last row jump seats since their head will touch the roof. Like in the old safari, in S torme also you can sit in last row with legs stretched forward.

Happy to see the discussion going the correct way. Bringing out the positives of storme and not at the expense of bashing other cars.

@mercedised waiting for your inputs about the storme.
I am now logged out for a week.

I have registered for a test drive; Will get to know actually how improved it is over current Safari. BTW, keep it up guys, those unneeded repeated arguments have now been settled and the thread is going the right way, its really nice to read reviews\testdrive reports.[cheers]
you live in indore right ? Has Tata launched storme in MP ?

@ superbad

No 1 has bashed any car here by purpose, comparison of storme with its immediate competition is inevitable and in that comparison if other car scores less in certain areas it doesn't mean bashing of the other car .

in the end the reader gets to read both pros and cons of storme and its competition.

Btw you dint tell us if you saw storme in Concorde malad when you went there to kill time as mentioned by you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom