Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.301+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scoop! New Tata Safari (aka Merlin) Launch On Sep 2011

The Merlin shown in the picture is not based on X2 platform . It means there will be new SUV in future based on Aria platform. This is a disappointment to me.The only improvement it seems could be torque on demand four wheel drive mechanisam. It means it would be available as ALL WHEEL DRIVE mechanisam. Now it seems that old safari would be discontinued !

Looks like most of the initial views of the pic are negative. A thumbs down from most of the members it seems. [surprise]

One more thing to notice, there is no door-handle on one side of the rear door. Does that suggest the rear door is top-hinged & will open upwards? [confused]

sure, it is top-hinged only(like innova)[evil]

Awkward position of fuel tank lid ! Left rear wheel arch looks so odd due to this [frustration]And rear tail lamps are so boxy. When will the tata design team wake up from their deep slumber? [sleep]

The Merlin shown in the picture is not based on X2 platform . It means there will be new SUV in future based on Aria platform. This is a disappointment to me.The only improvement it seems could be torque on demand four wheel drive mechanisam. It means it would be available as ALL WHEEL DRIVE mechanisam. Now it seems that old safari would be discontinued !
guys i almost got mini heart attack after seeing this is merlin!! i dont think tata is gonna launch anymore suv after soon!!

The only things i like about Merlin are the dual exhausts , chrome on boot door and the top-hinged boot door. Overall design looks to be almost the same. But i am very sure the Merlin(Safari) is going to get some good new features.

I seriously hope they continue selling the Safari along with Merlin and place the Merlin a tad below Safari. Safari deserves a much better facelift!

I liked this design, though it is not as attractive as the current one but its not bad either.:)

350Z

Core Team

After everybody saw the spy shot on previous page, there no more suspense left about Merlin except for the launch date. The launch is likely to happen during October.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom