Tata Safari 3.0L Dicor: Ownership Report

Thread Starter #46
mastersquall,

lol. sorry one zero was extra a typo. forgive me please i meant 8 lakhs!!!!

even 45lakhs. lol hope we are equal now..haha
lol even i too did same mistake [lol]

By now i meant the steering play is correct after changing some suspension components.

I don know whether there are any issues apart from uncomfortable driving.
ok will get it done at my next service before that i need to complete my car pc project in safari else father will stop my fund :biggrin:

Thread Starter #47
ok just got service my car today from ASS . its my 8th time i visited ASS from time i brought safari
Cost = Rs.9670 that's why i hardly take my safari there . i could have got all these just in 3500 .

Great news my suspension is ok that's what ASS said to me . they said only small problem but then they need safari for 2days . i said no as i have to go next morning in Punjab

Thread Starter #49
So has the steering issue been solved now? What was the issue?
no it hasn't . they asked me to give car for another day but i refused as before i told you . i had to go punjab in morning .

here i have uploaded image file of bill you can look at it . look at the last line . it say something FRT SUSP OVER HAUL i can't understand what does it mean . they said you need to get it done

page0003.jpg

no it hasn't . they asked me to give car for another day but i refused as before i told you . i had to go punjab in morning .

here i have uploaded image file of bill you can look at it . look at the last line . it say something FRT SUSP OVER HAUL i can't understand what does it mean . they said you need to get it done

View attachment 15200
It says that the Front Suspension Over hauling needs to be done,which FOC(Free Of Cost) for which the customer(yourself) refused.

Thread Starter #54
well suspension work is still left too busy can't leave safari for 1day in garage but now i have no travel till 10 march . i will get the suspension completed . as for ilango suggestion not repair it instead change it . will follow his suggestion

now what i really wanted to tell you guys that from 8months foot step at right side was giving me lot of pain as it got rusted . So today i decided to get it repaired as it was completed got rusted .

i asked few shops they where charging from 1000-2000 [shock] for repairing it .

so time for get my hand dirty

few pic

doesn't safari look much better without foot step ;)
2011-02-27 14.19.13.jpg

after getting it repaired . this is how it look . will get it painted later so that they don't get rusted again
2011-02-27 14.19.36.jpg

finished . tested it by making 4 people standing on it and now i think even elephant can stand on it [lol]
2011-02-27 12.16.29.jpg

Total cost 200 [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:
200bucks was real good deal and nice to see you got it done as you wished. well which implies if we are bit considerate and patient to get service done we would definitly get it else we would be burning holes in our pockets and complaining.

Thread Starter #57
got my car cleaned up today
Cost 350

This is last washing i am getting done at that shop because person who used to clean my safari has quite there . Others are total noob which can be seen in interior .

Time for me hunt new car washing shop

here the pic

2011-03-03 11.04.40.jpg

Very nicely maintained , cleaning the beast surely is a tough job! No plans to add fog lamps?

BTW i can see a dent in the right side fender?

Thread Starter #59
Very nicely maintained , cleaning the beast surely is a tough job! No plans to add fog lamps?

BTW i can see a dent in the right side fender?
well i have been thinking about adding fog lamps since 4years [lol] now you can get idea how lazy i am . that's why i said always get everything installed when you bring new car home else later we become lazy

about dent well thanks great COW . i got that dent because some fat cow fall in love with my safari :tongue:

Today i had some problem . safari was not starting . I called Racers . they came within 15min. took 5 min. and volla safari started roaring again . He told me that somehow air was trapped in fuel pipe .
Rs.500 for 1 year and total peace of mind

Today i had some problem . safari was not starting . I called Racers . they came within 15min. took 5 min. and volla safari started roaring again . He told me that somehow air was trapped in fuel pipe .
Rs.500 for 1 year and total peace of mind
Yes sir 100% correct. bTW, i have faced the same problem some times with my car. First time called out family car doctor, and asked him how it happened. Then dad understood how to treat it, had faced it once more but Dad corrected it.

Top Bottom