Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms (Met Accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @65,000 Kms

i didn't find much difference in FE of 3.0 and 2.2 but if you ask me which feel better to drive then its 2.2

i didn't find much difference in FE of 3.0 and 2.2 but if you ask me which feel better to drive then its 2.2
Master your car's mileage figure will improve over time, don't worry, simple reason being it is more lighter than 3.0 lt safari.

@mercedised

Do you find any difference in terms of braking between 2.0 tcic and 3.0 lt dicor?

Thread Starter #18

Master your car's mileage figure will improve over time, don't worry, simple reason being it is more lighter than 3.0 lt safari.

@mercedised

Do you find any difference in terms of braking between 2.0 tcic and 3.0 lt dicor?
Can't say as of now because the brake pads of this car have faded totally, I need to change them ASAP. Poor quality from TATA. In my TCIC the brake pads lasted 1 Lakh Kms with my kind of driving style.

Excellent thread. Rated 5 star. I must say you did a job of guts to bring back the lifeless truck back on track. By any chance, do you have the pics of pics of the burnt car?

that sound usually come from brake as its too early for wheel bearing 65k

now about lips i mean this silver border line we call it lips [;)]
View attachment 34199

Excellent thread mercedised
Small input from my side
After painting the lips black 'THE KING' will look like this.

Attachments

Thread Starter #23

change brake before you get disk damaged
Yeah! will get that done. Any idea about the costs involved?

Excellent thread. Rated 5 star. I must say you did a job of guts to bring back the lifeless truck back on track. By any chance, do you have the pics of pics of the burnt car?
Thanks. Yes, I did had those burnt pictures, but due to reasons known to god my memory card got corrupted on the very day I was importing the pictures to my PC.[frustration]

Excellent thread mercedised
Small input from my side
After painting the lips black 'THE KING' will look like this.
Thanks & Incredible! those alloys look.

doesn't it look awesome
Indeed.

Thread Starter #24

The 'Check engine light' is playing funny games. After every 350-400kms it comes ON, only if I do a non-stop 350-400kms trip (highway) and when I restart the engine it goes off. There has been no change in engine behavior, the car just works fine. I suspect there is a oxygen sensor failure.

amm i had that engine light problem but it used to come randomly but usually come in short trip not in long trip . check it with OBD

Thread Starter #26

amm i had that engine light problem but it used to come randomly but usually come in short trip not in long trip . check it with OBD
Too much hectic schedule that I seldom get any time for a SC visit. Am waiting untill next service.:)

if you were in delhi i would have plugged my OBD . well let's hope problem is small only *cross-finger*

Thread Starter #28

if you were in delhi i would have plugged my OBD . well let's hope problem is small only *cross-finger*
Yeah! But now I wish I had to never go to SC. Just back from a 500 kms road trip and the Dicor motor returned phenomenal, exceptional mileage of 18.5 kmpl!!![cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom