Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms (Met Accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #62
Re: Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @65,000 Kms

I live near bengali square. & you?
Sudama Nagar. I will be glad to meet you.

Update about Safari:

Gave the car for servicing about 10 days ago; oil filter, engine oil changed, air filter cleaned. Total bill came close to 3K INR.

The Condenser fan was not working since summer, although the cooling was sufficient while the car was moving but not so when at stationary. Went to a local AC guy and in a minute time, he said the condenser fan is not working.

So, Gave the car to TASC today, second time in last 10 days, I am surprised that the TASC did'nt found this problem when I mentioned it at the last service:

The connector of Condenser fan was loose, thus it stopped working said the SA at TASC, now back to normal. Cooling is better now.

The left pulling problem is still there, the TASC says that suspension needs overhaul although there are no abnormal noises\behavior from suspension which could signify any fault in suspension.

Got the front left wheel cap changed for 350 Rs. Wiper blades for 140 & 117 INR.

Last edited:

You are one Die hard Safari Fan, had a great time reading this full thread, you gave life to a lifeless god bless you man.[;)]

Thread Starter #64

You are one Die hard Safari Fan, had a great time reading this full thread, you gave life to a lifeless god bless you man.[;)]
Thanks, this was nothing done from my part I just wanted a 3.0L Dicor and God blessed me with one ensuring that I did'nt had to spend much money.

Thanks, this was nothing done from my part I just wanted a 3.0L Dicor and God blessed me with one ensuring that I did'nt had to spend much money.
You definitely deserve the credit bro, The time required to keep her running in pristine condition is not less so the amount of time and money you have spent on her is truly appreciable[clap]( I am sure i couldn't have done it, all hail your patience)

Re: Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @88,000 Kms

@mercedised: I hope you are not getting the Safari serviced from Sanghi. My friends in Indore who own Tatas and Fiats tell me that he is the biggest thug of them all and is known for 'n' number of malpractices. They usually get their vehicles serviced at Jabalpur Motors. Few of them visit some private garage near Sudama Nagar (Manikbagh road, if my memory serves me right) and are all praises for that guy (young, passionate owner and an automobile engineer himself). Let me contact my friends and get the contact details of that private workshop for you.

Thread Starter #67

@mercedised: I hope you are not getting the Safari serviced from Sanghi. My friends in Indore who own Tatas and Fiats tell me that he is the biggest thug of them all and is known for 'n' number of malpractices. They usually get their vehicles serviced at Jabalpur Motors. Few of them visit some private garage near Sudama Nagar (Manikbagh road, if my memory serves me right) and are all praises for that guy (young, passionate owner and an automobile engineer himself). Let me contact my friends and get the contact details of that private workshop for you.
Thanks for the alert! and Yes Sanghi is indeed a big thug I have never serviced any of my vehicle at their workshop. I visit Krishu (Rajendra Nagar) from past 4-5 Years, Hence good relations with all the staff there and they take care of the car really well. I would be glad to know your friends, car mechanic's garage & Thanks for that.

Thread Starter #68

Yesterday, when I had parked the car near my office, and when I came back there was a huge dent on the bonnet (front). The Bonnet area besides the LHS light has dented considerably, I don't know how did it happen whether some truck guy did it on reversing or someone hitted it.[frustration] It is raining here and the huge dent has caught rust. I hate these MORONS who ... Heck Man![frustration]

Meanwhile the power steering is making groaning noise on turning, a few days earlier I had noticed spots of oil beneath the car.

The steering's busted. As for the dent, dont worry. Take it to nehru stadium, they will fix it for a few bucks. Only the paint will cost a bit. Yes its raining heavily outside. Wait for the paint work until it stops.

Thread Starter #71

Look like its leaking also check your clutch oil
Yes, the clutch oil was low I topped it up. Today, showed the car to mechanic and he just topped up the powersteering oil (the oil was found tobe okay, near the maximum mark). And said that the issue is common in rainy seasons and in some cars the air gets trapped inside the lines. No problem was found and the groaning noise alongwith the stiffness went away after the oil was topped.

The steering's busted. As for the dent, dont worry. Take it to nehru stadium, they will fix it for a few bucks. Only the paint will cost a bit. Yes its raining heavily outside. Wait for the paint work until it stops.
Thanks, could you give me specific address? Do you have FB acc.?

Its nehru stadium, near M.Y. Hospital & white church & GPO. This is the guy's number: 9926047219
I dont remember his name. Just ask him for the route, he will guide you to his workshop. Negotiate as much as possible.
Yes you can add me on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/amitnilkanth

Last edited:
Thread Starter #73

Te radiator fans (2 of them in 3.0L DICOR) are running constantly without stopping. They get ON when the car is started (the engine is still cool) and gets switched off only when the car is switched-off. Its raining heavily outside and going to SC pisses me off.[anger]

Its nehru stadium, near M.Y. Hospital & white church & GPO. This is the guy's number: 9926047219
I dont remember his name. Just ask him for the route, he will guide you to his workshop. Negotiate as much as possible.
Yes you can add me on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/amitnilkanth
Thanks, I just saw this; will contact the given person. my name is Abhishek and am sending you the FR. on FB.

Last edited:

Check the fuse concerning radiator fan.The problem could be because of its malfunctioning.

Thread Starter #75

I am selling the car anyone interested may PM me.

@Xover: Thanks, but a fuse can't make the fans run continuously, a bad fuse will stop the current\fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom