Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms (Met Accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #241
Re: Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms (Met Accide

The car is at the garage for repair works and engine overhaul. Total cost for all repair works approx. 60K including engine and other works.

Re: Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms (Met Accide

Whatttt!!! Not sold yet?

It was running well till the accident, right? Why the engine overhaul then?

Thread Starter #243

@Sam : How could I sell a accidented car. Only a scrap dealer would buy it. The engine had started giving back-compression. It had tobe repaired either by buyer or by me, being a car lover I could not sell a car with bad heart, neither would I intend to buy such a car. But, now the heart has different thoughts and I am actually thinking on keeping this car. I might add alloys back and some more accessories and keep this white elephant a year or two more, but its just a possibility the other members of family are insisting hard on selling it.

Do send me a PM when you intend to meet, having a TAI member nearby and not meeting is a crime. ;)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #244

The Bull is back in action. There are some issues still tobe sorted out which will be done after run-in period.

bhvm

Honoured Member

it does not make sense to sell it as you've incurred a lot of expenses. the sale of such old and accident vehicle is 2.5 lac or less. as you've already incurred 60-70k on it your getting only 1.8 lac for. sale.

you're one of the rare lucky guys to own a 3.0l beast. better do some burnouts and make some fans online before you sell.

Thread Starter #246

The journey ends! Sold the SUV. Might not be able to visit the forum more frequently from now on, in all these years I have become too lazy to update threads.

Sold! Awwww.

Anyways, it was good while it lasted. Hope the White elephant has found a caring owner.

Mind disclosing how much did you sell it for?

Hope the TCIC is doing fine.

Thread Starter #248

Sold! Awwww.
Anyways, it was good while it lasted. Hope the White elephant has found a caring owner.
Mind disclosing how much did you sell it for?
Hope the TCIC is doing fine.
Sold it for 2L. TCIC is fine, the power steering oil seal leaked so had to get the power steering box overhauled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom