Tata Punch (HBX): New Micro SUV

Well, Drifter, this is just a render for Hornbill.

the render artist seems to have used Nexon and Ignis to create this Hornbill render. So unless we see the test mules, it is difficult to make any design assumption for the hornbill.
@vikyjoshi Thanks for the reply Sir.
Hope this Hornbill, if launched, gives a competition to KUV

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Near-Production Tata Hornbill Concept Just Over Two Weeks Away From Debut

The near-production Tata Hornbill concept will make global premiere at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show this March

Tata-Hornbill-production-model-rendered-1.jpg

The homegrown auto major’s next big debut based on a volume space will happen at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show and the opening press day begins on March 5. Tata has lined up four new products for the 89th annual motoring exhibition, and it includes a near production conceptual version of the micro SUV reportedly dubbed Hornbill.

Read:

This is supposed to be below nexon in size right?
Once they shrink this, it will become another ignis
I don't think so. It looks phenomenal in my opinion. Ignis is just a tall hatch and not even 1% SUVish. And at 3840mm Hornbill is around 150mm longer than kuv, ignis etc making it look quite proportionate. It looks a segment or two above kuv,ignis honestly. Only problem I see is at 1822mm its just toooo wide for the segment and having big fenders. Tata should seriously consider reducing its width and fenders to make it more practical according to its segment.

Are we talking about the concepts dimensions or production versions. Anyway it should be wide other wise it will look like some mahindra suvs and ignis, narrow and tall. It should be similar to the kwid.

Why similar to Kwid? Its an entry level car and only front bonnet part is SUVish. Its not even too wide. For our busy roads and this being a compact car would be more used in the city being so wide is difficult to drive. For instance Honda City is 1690mm wide only. Tata should restrict the width to 1720-1730mm max for this class of car.

Why kwid and not kuv because a tall narrow vehicle won't be able to take curves easily there will be too much body roll. From the videos I saw they seem to be going ahead with the same height as shown here. In that case i don't have much hope on this one because of the above reason. Too short wheelbase for such a tall car.
I like the fact that the wheels are almost on the extreme corners, this plus some hard suspension can take away some of the body roll problem.

Last edited:

Top Bottom