Tata Prima Sedan – When’s it Coming?

Re: Tata Prima Sedan – When’s it Coming?

Fantastic [clap]

If the interior also made as stunning as this, then its going to make waves in the market.

This is the time to introduce this car[thumbsup]

And that launch will sure make a big big change in the brand image of TATA.

I have read in an interview of Ratan Tata in ACI that TML won't launch Prima because they could not met the deadline for making road worthy prototype out of concept. That means this car is outdated as per TML assessment.

I will try to post the scan of the interview, but I lost many issues in recent transfer :(

I have read in an interview of Ratan Tata in ACI that TML won't launch Prima because they could not met the deadline for making road worthy prototype out of concept. That means this car is outdated as per TML assessment.

I will try to post the scan of the interview, but I lost many issues in recent transfer :(
I posted this info in the first page itself, but under extreme euphoria, no one would listen to me, now finally a sensible post.

Which means all this *band baaja* for nothing. I have not been able to find anything relevant on net. If you have anything, do post.

If such offering enters India, then it would substantially eat Hyundai's Fluidic sales.
I am wondering why TATA is not releasing it in India first and later to other nations.

I liked the design too, the curves are futuristic.

A C segment challenger from TATA will definitely affect the market. I wish TATA will bring this soon. Looks classic IMO.

Thread Starter #23

I posted this info in the first page itself, but under extreme euphoria, no one would listen to me, now finally a sensible post.
I got this info from a person who works in Tata Motors. Actually, they had plans to launch it earlier but then they were busy with JLR thing. Once they acquired JLR, their main focus was to make JLR profitable which they did & then brought the same to India too, with local production for Land Rover.

As there were multiple launches in C+-D segments, they got busy at trying at where they started from:- UVs. So came Aria, new Grande & now it will be Merlin. Once this is done, their quota for UV will get over & will focus back on sedan as they haven't post Manza (2009).

It is confirmed that a bigger sedan than Manza will be launched by Tata but the name is still unconfirmed. So, it may or may not be Prima but C+,D segment car from Tata will be there soon.

Btw, here are some links for this car launch:-

Tata | stuffin.in

Tata Prima Review | stuffin.in

Tata Prima - Tata Prima Price, Review & Mileage | CarDekho India

We will be getting clear idea on this only after Merlin is launched as Tata would not like to dilute Merlin excitement by news of other car launch !!

Well let's hope TATA get going with this car from next year atleast. Its high time our Indian manufacturers come out of the SUV segment and start competing in the C+ and D segment.

I got this info from a person who works in Tata Motors. Actually, they had plans to launch it earlier but then they were busy with JLR thing. Once they acquired JLR, their main focus was to make JLR profitable which they did & then brought the same to India too, with local production for Land Rover.

As there were multiple launches in C+-D segments, they got busy at trying at where they started from:- UVs. So came Aria, new Grande & now it will be Merlin. Once this is done, their quota for UV will get over & will focus back on sedan as they haven't post Manza (2009).

It is confirmed that a bigger sedan than Manza will be launched by Tata but the name is still unconfirmed. So, it may or may not be Prima but C+,D segment car from Tata will be there soon.

We will be getting clear idea on this only after Merlin is launched as Tata would not like to dilute Merlin excitement by news of other car launch !!
Wooow, amazing news S Class, now let me also indulge in this euphoria and say proudly " tata just bring it".[clap][clap]

350Z

Core Team

Good information. I’m suspecting that Tata might not keep the “Prima” tag since it has been allotted to their trucks as well, as commented by Dodge. Also, while the design appears to be classy but I still find it simple from a few areas. Hopefully Tata will work well overall before officially rolling it out in market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sometimes simple looks classy and we never know it might work for Tata. Only issue I have is about interiors as Tata cars as on date are not up to the mark on interior front at all. NO PREMIUM FEEL AT ALL.

Sometimes simple looks classy and we never know it might work for Tata. Only issue I have is about interiors as Tata cars as on date are not up to the mark on interior front at all. NO PREMIUM FEEL AT ALL.
They are improving and Tata Prima sedan should be having premium looking interiors going by the trend in Aria and New Manza.

Shailender, you should look at the new Manza (models after Feb 2011) interiors. It does have a premium look.

Tata has defered new launches esp.luxury segment till they improve ASS on Jaguar lines. Prima will definitely give underpowered altis, poor gc cruze, laura passat, costly camray, kizashi run for their money.
Come on,Cyrus Mistry , do it fast, as we VFM fans prefer to purchase the TATA car only after 2 years of launch, after knowing the feedback s.

I have mentioned it on my very first post on this thread that Prima concept has been ditched by TATA.This fact was disclosed by Mr. Tata himself in an interview to Autocar , Sep 2011 issue.

So MODS unless some solid info is received no point about further discussions on this topic.Please take right measures as per wisdom.

Top Bottom