Tata Prima Sedan – When’s it Coming?

Thread Starter #1
Tata is planning to launch a new car, Tata Prima (means 1 in italian). The car designers are the same ones who design Ferrari. The car is expected to be priced between 11-15L. The launch date is unknown, but maybe we can see it at coming auto expo in Delhi.

Attachments

Re: Tata Prima

WOW! that's my first reaction! Simple, beautiful and simply adorable looks!
Looking at the finish of the car, it is hard believe its a Tata Car.Surely if the same quality is the case with production cars then it will definitely stand with German Cars!
Good Going Tata- Tata is playing the Innings like Sachin Tendulkar- shut the mouths of critics by delivering the best!
Those who can...Do! those who can't criticize!
All the best Tata, Good to see Indian manufacturers Tata & Mahindra are delivering world class products!

350Z

Core Team
Re: Tata Prima

Oh, Yes. I remember about Prima sedan from Tata Motors since previous Auto Expo. It looks quite upmarket and could be a worthy competitor to Toyota Corolla and likes if Tata loads it with features along with futuristic styling. And most important, they should hopefully not goof up with the pricing this time having a capable product in their hands. But speaking on a different note, it still seems to be a concept and launch timing will be a pure speculation right now.

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sorry to break your hearts guys, but i have previously read that TATA have shelved their plans to launch this car, so i don't know whether they really are coming up with this beauty or not, but i do hope against hope that they do launch it around 9-10 L , that would be nice on their behalf.

Feature wise, Tata will surely load it features to match or surpass the category where it is positioned.

Take Manza for instance, it has way ahead of city in terms of features.

Sorry to break your hearts guys, but i have previously read that TATA have shelved their plans to launch this car, so i don't know whether they really are coming up with this beauty or not, but i do hope against hope that they do launch it around 9-10 L , that would be nice on their behalf.
The source of my info is an interview given by Ratan Tata to 'Autocar India -September 2010 issue', in which he talks about not bringing this car for production.

So if S Class's info abt tata trying to launch this car is true, then it seems that Mr. Tata has changed his mind.

Anyways I would personally love to see tata launch this car as soon as possible.Cheers.

THE X-OVER

Thread Starter #9
Re: Tata Prima Sedan – When’s it Coming?

Some reports suggested that it should have been out by end 2011. Hence, I am expecting it to be in Delhi expo.

The car is designed by Italian designer company, Pininfarina. It will come in diesel & petrol variants with engines capacity of 1.6-1.8L producing 100-120 bhp. The wheelbase is 2700 mm, giving good cabin space. Safety features like ABS, EBD etc. will be standard & the 5 spoke alloy wheels will be bigger than 185/60 R15. Tata Prima is believed to be loaded with Mcpherson strut with stabilizer front suspension and Four link Coil spring rear fork.

In addition to these comfort features, power windows, central locking, driver seat electric adjustment, folding rear seat, rear view mirror, rake steering adjustment with mounted audio controls, electric door mirrors with integral LED turn indicators, rear AC vents etc would be equipped with Tata Prima for the sake of luxury for driver and occupants.

It will be competing with Corolla Altis, Chevy Cruze, Skoda Laura & Honda Civic. Having good diesel engine & loads of features will give it an edge. The top end version which will be fully loaded with airbags, sunroof may hit even 15L mark.

So, if it does come out in coming auto expo, it will be launched in 2012 or atleast we will be knowing the precise date. Just wait till this expo.

Yes, even I remember drooling over it during last expo and totally forgotten about it till now. If your source is correct S Class, hopefully it will see the light of day in 2012 and we will see it on roads by then.

Re: Tata Prima Sedan – When’s it Coming?

Some reports suggested that it should have been out by end 2011. Hence, I am expecting it to be in Delhi expo.

The car is designed by Italian designer company, Pininfarina. It will come in diesel & petrol variants with engines capacity of 1.6-1.8L producing 100-120 bhp. The wheelbase is 2700 mm, giving good cabin space. Safety features like ABS, EBD etc. will be standard & the 5 spoke alloy wheels will be bigger than 185/60 R15. Tata Prima is believed to be loaded with Mcpherson strut with stabilizer front suspension and Four link Coil spring rear fork.

In addition to these comfort features, power windows, central locking, driver seat electric adjustment, folding rear seat, rear view mirror, rake steering adjustment with mounted audio controls, electric door mirrors with integral LED turn indicators, rear AC vents etc would be equipped with Tata Prima for the sake of luxury for driver and occupants.

It will be competing with Corolla Altis, Chevy Cruze, Skoda Laura & Honda Civic. Having good diesel engine & loads of features will give it an edge. The top end version which will be fully loaded with airbags, sunroof may hit even 15L mark.

So, if it does come out in coming auto expo, it will be launched in 2012 or atleast we will be knowing the precise date. Just wait till this expo.
This car has already been displayed in 2009 Geneva auto expo and also 2010 Delhi auto expo.

Can you confirm that its coming, what's the source?

It looks well built,wish to see the production version very soon.If it comes here then will pull down the Altis D & Laura.
The curved lines are simply the best looker.

Top Bottom