Tata Nexon XZ+ (P): Bad First Car Experience

Thread Starter #1
I have purchased a Tata Nexon vehicle on 26 March 2021.

It suffered a First Breakdown on 13 April 2021 where there was Engine overheating Oil and Coolant got mixed ( Heat and workshop failure lamps ).The oil cooler assembly was replaced ,Oil cooler plate.Reason shared that I was a new driver and have driven vehicle in low gears which was not the case - Odometer reading < 1000 kms

The vehicle suffered a second breakdown on 27 Jan 2022 again engine overheating ( The HCC and ABS failure) lamps were on.Reason vehicle is in running condition and was just going in a limp home mode-The vehicles Radiator is replaced this time alongwith Heat sensor.

The vehicle suffers a Third breakdown on 3 Feb 2022 where the vehicle is out of control and the vehicle runs effortlessly without pressing clutch Brake and accelerator in low gears and vehicle doesn't turn off automatically due to knocking without acceleration (Note vehicle was Manual transmission). Dealership & company states that as a Bumper to bumper feature and there is no issue with the vehicle.

The vehicle was received with a severe left pull alignment issues and absence of PDI stickers shows negligence of pre-delivery checks.

I filed a consumer complaint case by seeking some technical help and the person backed out today.The intention behind this thread is to bring the consumer complaints reality in front of the Larger group and If at all I can get some advice on technically proving this car a defective product in consumer court.

I bought this car for safety and these breakdowns and deficiencies in service has resulted me worrying about the vehicle on safety concerns.It has been 5 months I have refused to accept the vehicle delivery and the vehicle is idle in the workshop.These incidents have caused me huge emotional stress and the first breakdown happened during my wife's pregnancy and I ended up picking the vehicle on the day my first Baby was born.

1)The point is why the onus of proving a product to be defective is completely on the consumer who does not have technical expertise and money to hire competent legal and Technical experts

2) Aren't the service logs self explanatory that some of the reliable parts like oil cooler assembly, Radiator which can last for the entire life of the vehicle were replaced within 10 months of the purchase of the new vehicle.Doesn't this probe the inferior quality of parts installed.

3)If Alignment issue of left pull on delivery day Can be a cause of driving the vehicle on rural patchy roads.Although I have used the National Highway and have driven responsibly.Why Tata is allowing the vehicle to be driven on Indian Roads.

4)If at all exchanging the part solves the problem then why the issue is reoccurring and what would guarantee the Family's safety in the car.

If at all someone lands in a situation like me .Tata Nexon is not worth buying as the service is pathetic and the company officials are rude in giving a reverse assurance that the vehicle will fail and one has to do the repairs by paying money from my pocket.There is no resale value and because of the service log entries I have ended up losing value of the car by 4 lakhs in a single year.

As I still have sometime to file a Technical report hope I will find a expert to help me with this case.

Attachments

Top Bottom