Tata Nexon Test Drive Review

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So now Akash your garage will be a sole Tata garage, it speaks a lot for the confidence you garnered on their products, congrats once again.

Can you please give us the price break up, especially logistics, accessories and insurance, and the accessories provided.
Thanks Sir. I hope the support of this forum & it's members, your blessings stay with me always. The new TML Cars are actually good so definitely they are good for purchase too. Having observed the feedback on Diesel Nexon since past 7 months and then my own Tigor Experience with TML so far made me comfortable and I decided to add yet another VFM TATA car at my home. Tigor's experience (as a owner) was among the major influencer in my Nexon's buying plans.

As far as the price break up is concerned, since I have to get the Top Model booked now & pay the booking amount so will get back on this by evening today. I do hope my pleasant experience with the TML (Tigor) further continues with the forthcoming purchase (Nexon) as well and the buying process this time also goes smooth and easy.

I do hope Sir that this time as well I would be able to provide a detailed review of the car that will benefit the buyers. We have so many positive feedbacks on diesel Nexon in our forum so it all does help a lot. Rest, the handle-bar mustache and the ponytail is there as always to fine tune the things[:D]

PS: Please inform Shashank Sir (Gearhead2) of the same as well Sir. Looking forward to his views.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Can you please give us the price break up, especially logistics, accessories and insurance, and the accessories provided.
Vinod Sir, this is the break up of On Road Price. For accessories I have only asked for the body cover & gear lock and to match insurance price with others. I have more importantly mentioned for a specific registration number. The Variant is XZ+ Diesel in Grey Color. Now, I hope that all formalities are done smoothly. ETA in April end.

20180327_174010.jpg

Regards

Akash

Vinod Sir, this is the break up of On Road Price. For accessories I have only asked for the body cover & gear lock and to match insurance price with others. I have more importantly mentioned for a specific registration number. The Variant is XZ+ Diesel in Grey Color. Now, I hope that all formalities are done smoothly. ETA in April end.

Regards

Akash
Thanks akash, get the logistics charges waived off, insurance let them match the online price, my dealer agreed to both these.

Under 11L XZ+ is a steal.

Regards
Vinod

Edit: in January I got a quote online for 29/30k

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks akash, get the logistics charges waived off, insurance let them match the online price, my dealer agreed to both these.

Surely Sir, I'll negotiate the deal and get all these charges waived off. I'll work for a deal which is going to be much under of the value that I have in mind. XZ+ was the choice of mom so I went ahead and secondly the top spec has all the features and most importantly fog lights. In my Honda, the lack of fog lights and weak headlights were a big concern so I made sure to go for the variant with Fog Lights.

Regards

Akash

Regards
Vinod

Hi Vinod Sir,
Wanted to appreciate the use of your word here which ideally sum-up Nexon purchase but somehow didn't find the use of VFM tag good for Nexon. I mean, Parle-G is value for money, getting a dosa in 20 is VFM, MI Note 5 in 15K is VFM but getting an iphone 8 in 30-35k is a STEAL of a deal not VFM! This is my opi

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi All,

Completed the PDI of soon going to be my Nexxy. Odo read running of 13km only, except for test drive, checked the interiors, features and outside of the vehicle. Things looks ok, cant wait for thu or fri (whenever i'll have insurance note) to take the delivery now.
Congrats bro. Looking forward to reading your ownership review soon. Do post a few pics if you have taken during the PDI.

Regards

Akash

Hi Vinod Sir,
Wanted to appreciate the use of your word here which ideally sum-up Nexon purchase but somehow didn't find the use of VFM tag good for Nexon. I mean, Parle-G is value for money, getting a dosa in 20 is VFM, MI Note 5 in 15K is VFM but getting an iphone 8 in 30-35k is a STEAL of a deal not VFM! This is my opi
Thanks Rahul for your appreciation, being old school I try and use old school acronym.

Surely Sir, I'll negotiate the deal and get all these charges waived off. I'll work for a deal which is going to be much under of the value that I have in mind. XZ+ was the choice of mom so I went ahead and secondly the top spec has all the features and most importantly fog lights. In my Honda, the lack of fog lights and weak headlights were a big concern so I made sure to go for the variant with Fog Lights.

Regards

Akash
Hi , did you get your Nexon Delivery yet ? Did you pay the handling charges as there are multiple discussions around how to waive handling charges as its illegal.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi , did you get your Nexon Delivery yet ? Did you pay the handling charges as there are multiple discussions around how to waive handling charges as its illegal.
Buddy, the finance formalities are in last phase and then purchase shall follow. I have 2 options here, either to opt for a car standing in stockyard or to wait for a fresh unit from factory to unload. In both cases i'll be getting the VIN decoded first and then proceed. In case I wait for fresh piece then atleast 3 weeks time as per dealer. I am somehow not really comfortable with the stockyard cars because they most likely are already allocated ones or maybe old unsold ones. Coming to handling charge, I never agree to them either and neither I pay it. Infact I took a stand for my buddy TAIger who got his XUV couple of years back. There is no such set formula and neither it requires any extensive discussion regarding handling charge. As simple as that, SIMPLY STRIKE OFF Handling charge while negotiating the deal. If the dealer isn't ready, tell him/SA to give a proper receipt with stamp. Lastly, If all these things don't work, better have a handle-bar mustache & ponytail in place to settle the issue[;)]

Will soon update on the progress!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

I have decided to wait for the Nexon Diesel AMT to launch and then go forward with the purchase. It was a well-thought move since hurrying up with the MT according to my dad wasn't needed since AMT launch is round the corner. It would be the first AMT car for us. I shall be observing the buyers experiences with the AMT Nexon post launch for 1-2 months. It would be a Nexon only for me.

Regards

Akash

Buddies,

I have decided to wait for the Nexon Diesel AMT to launch and then go forward with the purchase. It was a well-thought move since hurrying up with the MT according to my dad wasn't needed since AMT launch is round the corner. It would be the first AMT car for us. I shall be observing the buyers experiences with the AMT Nexon post launch for 1-2 months. It would be a Nexon only for me.

Regards

Akash
Good move @Akash, the wisdom always comes from father's, I remember mentioning to you on the Nexon thread, when the Nexon AMT was media driven.

Many will be waiting and watching the TAI review on the Nexon XZA, to take a call.

Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Good move @Akash, the wisdom always comes from father's, I remember mentioning to you on the Nexon thread, when the Nexon AMT was media driven.
True Sir. Infact I shared your view with him yesterday after coming back from dealer. He told, last time in Tigor I rushed with the purchase of MT one and in a couple of weeks the AMT had launched so instead of feeling bad later on lets not rush with the MT Nexon Diesel this time and go ahead for the AMT Diesel once it's launched with proper feedback.

Further he added based on your views, "We are parents and we know the scenarios better than your instant and fast moving generation. You guys often don't look beyond a limit." To cut his lecture short, I had to accept his view.

The good thing is that he is pleased with the Nexon as a car and has confirmed that we will go in for it only.

Many will be waiting and watching the TAI review on the Nexon XZA, to take a call.
Surely and my dad being one of them. The car is expected to launch around 15-16 May-2018 and TD shall follow then.

On a sincere note Sir, people like you, Shashank Sir and my dad are indeed far far better experienced than guys like me as far as decision making is concerned. From your experiences, you all are better decision makers.

Regards

Akash

^^@akash, really didn't know how to respond to your touching comments, aakhain bhar aaee .

Your dad will bless you for waiting for the AMT, you know my love for this on my Nano?

Kanpur mai the TD vehicles come at the very end, after everyone has had a good time.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom