Tata Nexon Test Drive Review

Sorry looks like you did not read the last lines, I'am not looking for a particular type of car, I said I would be happy to buy a TIGOR or Zest with the same diesel Engine....
As for feature list, I really dont care if the ICE is made by Harman or JBL, I can live with one from JVC or Pioneer or Hitachi(clarion) The JVC one serves me for all other cars.
What I need is a Reverse camera, Rear armrest, Offline GPS Navigation and a reasonably good Diesel engine. Well TATAs usually have good ground clearence which is a must, That is one box ticked well. Well the Ecosport may be good, Now let me check that too before finalising.
Hi, did you finalize on any car. I happen to be on the same boat as you are. Ecosport & nexon as of now are in contention as my highway running is more than city driving for regular office commute. Hope you can share your pic if you finalize the car and reason.
Thanks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

A small update. I had been in a fix or rather should I say there was a battle of head Vs heart. The decision was to retain the CITY for couple more years or Exchange it for Nexon Diesel. I almost had an emotional break down when the thought of exchanging the CITY came up. For many the exchanging of car isn't a big deal but for me it was a question of my mother's emotions Vs my choice. I can bear anything but mom is mom. Dad was silent too. I was on verge of handing the keys today of Honda CITY but at the last minute.......can't say more guys, SORRY!![cry] Really Sorry![cry]

In very brief, I have planned to book XT Diesel in Grey Color. I have kept open the window to upgrade the booking to the new variant XZ in Diesel which will be launching in mid April 2018. Since it is to be seated between XT & XZ+ so in diesel I expect that to be priced between Rs. 8.7 to 9 L Ex-Showroom. XZ will get the touchscreen system, fog lamps & drl and won't be having push button as I am told. The actual feature list will be sent to me shortly. I have not considered the XZ+ because Alloys, Push Button over XT aren't much of my use and alloys can be added later. The booking is going to happen tomorrow. Fate of the Honda CITY is still undecided and that picture will clear by evening today or tomorrow. Will inform on it as it develops. Till then kindly excuse me. I just hope I get to keep my CITY! Kindly Pray! Nexon's delivery I am expecting in April end.

20180325_164633.jpg

Regards

Akash

Friends,

A small update. I had been in a fix or rather should I say there was a battle of head Vs heart. The decision was to retain the CITY for couple more years or Exchange it for Nexon Diesel. I almost had an emotional break down when the thought of exchanging the CITY came up. For many the exchanging of car isn't a big deal but for me it was a question of my mother's emotions Vs my choice. I can bear anything but mom is mom. Dad was silent too. I was on verge of handing the keys today of Honda CITY but at the last minute.......can't say more guys, SORRY!![cry] Really Sorry![cry]

In very brief, I have planned to book XT Diesel in Grey Color. I have kept open the window to upgrade the booking to the new variant XZ in Diesel which will be launching in mid April 2018. Since it is to be seated between XT & XZ+ so in diesel I expect that to be priced between Rs. 8.7 to 9 L Ex-Showroom. XZ will get the touchscreen system, fog lamps & drl and won't be having push button as I am told. The actual feature list will be sent to me shortly. I have not considered the XZ+ because Alloys, Push Button over XT aren't much of my use and alloys can be added later. The booking is going to happen tomorrow. Fate of the Honda CITY is still undecided and that picture will clear by evening today or tomorrow. Will inform on it as it develops. Till then kindly excuse me. I just hope I get to keep my CITY! Kindly Pray! Nexon's delivery I am expecting in April end.

Regards

Akash
Congrats @Akash for the oven fresh booking, XZ is a nice option provided by Tata, and grey is a decent color.

I'm still brainstorming and holding up till the AMT is sighted in the far horizon, I found the MT more engaging to drive, so let's see.

By the by I'll be TDing the KUV NXT D tomorrow. Kya ho raha hai humka kutch nahi pata.

Regards
Vinod

Friends,

Regards

Akash
Very heart touching [;)]
Anyway congratulations for the brand new booking of Nexon. What happened to AMT version, is MT also pulling you towards itself or is it the uncertainty of AMT which made you go for XZ model ?

PS: there is a nexon owners & lovers whatsapp group. Are you in any of the group (there are two actually by the name of Hornet)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Very heart touching
Anyway congratulations for the brand new booking of Nexon. What happened to AMT version, is MT also pulling you towards itself or is it the uncertainty of AMT which made you go for XZ model ?
Hi Rahul, you weren't a part of our forum when I had bought my Tigor. Even that purchase of mine was extremely dramatic. This one isn't easy too as I have to decide between head vs heart. I feel there isn't a need to keep 3 cars (even though earlier too we had 3 of them) but on the other hand my mom's emotions and feeling are attached to the CITY. The CITY has just been driven a shade over 71K Kms and 6.5 year old so as per mom it can be kept for 1.5 to 2 years more. I am absolutely confused and keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow. I have been through such a situation even at time of Tigor's purchase. I hope all settles properly and I'll update soon. As far as AMT Vs MT is concerned, I initially wanted an AMT just for fun sake but now as it's launch is a bit far so don't want to delay my purchase. I do know it might get launched after a week or 2 of my purchase but that's OK. I wanted a Nexon in Diesel and wanted it asap. So working on it and soon will update on the progress of the same. Booking is to happen tomorrow. I was planning between XT & XZ+ and upon seeing the difference of features, I plan for XT but then dealer too confirmed XZ variant launch is round the corner so have kept the window open for that. Lets see how it all shapes up. Damn complicated car purchase!!

PS: there is a nexon owners & lovers whatsapp group. Are you in any of the group (there are two actually by the name of Hornet)
I really don't like using whatsapp and all much and moreover, I like to interact here on our forum to a wider base of members bro.

Congrats @Akash for the oven fresh booking, XZ is a nice option provided by Tata, and grey is a decent color.
Thanks Sir, You know how the Tigor purchase happened so even this one isn't going to be a smooth one[;)] and Double wala color achcha nahi laga. Grey was my long term favorite in Nexon and infact if there would be a Black one, I would have chosen that.

I'm still brainstorming and holding up till the AMT is sighted in the far horizon, I found the MT more engaging to drive, so let's see.
Sir, in my case, I was dead sure of buying the Nexon and beyond a certain time, I did not find it correct to wait for the AMT. Secondly, TML is raising the price as it is so AMT too will be launched with a new price. Lets see how it all goes Sir. Tomorrow evening, I'll further update you.

By the by I'll be TDing the KUV NXT D tomorrow. Kya ho raha hai humka kutch nahi pata.
Sir better hai Ignis ya Tiago TD karlo.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Hi Rahul, you weren't a part of our forum when I had bought my Tigor. Even that purchase of mine was extremely dramatic. This one isn't easy too as I have to decide between head vs heart. I feel there isn't a need to keep 3 cars (even though earlier too we had 3 of them) but on the other hand my mom's emotions and feeling are attached to the CITY. The CITY has just been driven a shade over 71K Kms and 6.5 year old so as per mom it can be kept for 1.5 to 2 years more. I am absolutely confused and keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow. I have been through such a situation even at time of Tigor's purchase. I hope all settles properly and I'll update soon. As far as AMT Vs MT is concerned, I initially wanted an AMT just for fun sake but now as it's launch is a bit far so don't want to delay my purchase. I do know it might get launched after a week or 2 of my purchase but that's OK. I wanted a Nexon in Diesel and wanted it asap. So working on it and soon will update on the progress of the same. Booking is to happen tomorrow. I was planning between XT & XZ+ and upon seeing the difference of features, I plan for XT but then dealer too confirmed XZ variant launch is round the corner so have kept the window open for that. Lets see how it all shapes up. Damn complicated car purchase!!

I really don't like using whatsapp and all much and moreover, I like to interact here on our forum to a wider base of members bro.

Thanks Sir, You know how the Tigor purchase happened so even this one isn't going to be a smooth one[;)] and Double wala color achcha nahi laga. Grey was my long term favorite in Nexon and infact if there would be a Black one, I would have chosen that.

Sir, in my case, I was dead sure of buying the Nexon and beyond a certain time, I did not find it correct to wait for the AMT. Secondly, TML is raising the price as it is so AMT too will be launched with a new price. Lets see how it all goes Sir. Tomorrow evening, I'll further update you.

Sir better hai Ignis ya Tiago TD karlo.

Regards

Akash
Dear @Akash,
Didn't meant to make it dramatic or offensive but if my comment had hurt you in anyway, i regret the same.

I'm in the same boat as you are, as i've shared, i liked the diesel motor and 6th gear a little too much and i need the car on urgent basis made to go for MT instead of AMT. Since it will be my first, i want to make it special, something which i can cherish a long time. An AMT now would never help me cherish the feel of diesel manual now and goodness of Automatic over manual later.

Regards,
Rahul

attached is the XZ brochure
View attachment 242999

Courtesy: tbhp member RavenAvi
Thanks for sharing the info on XZ trim viky. do we have any info on Ex-showroom price of this variant in hyderabad. have booked the Nexon XM variant already, and waiting for its rest of formalities.just want to check if this XZ variant is in feasible budget for me or not.[:)]

thanks
Krish[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear @Akash,
Didn't meant to make it dramatic or offensive but if my comment had hurt you in anyway, i regret the same.
Friends never get or feel offended from each other. Possibly you aren't aware of how humorous I am[lol] Ask our members here and specially @FuriousDriver

I'm in the same boat as you are, as i've shared, i liked the diesel motor and 6th gear a little too much and i need the car on urgent basis made to go for MT instead of AMT. Since it will be my first, i want to make it special, something which i can cherish a long time. An AMT now would never help me cherish the feel of diesel manual now and goodness of Automatic over manual later.
I am in urgent need too. I had planned much earlier itself that my CITY will be replaced by Nexon in Diesel. Will be booking top model diesel tomorrow morning as I sold my CITY in evening today.

Regards

Akash

Friends never get or feel offended from each other. Possibly you aren't aware of how humorous I am[lol] Ask our members here and specially @FuriousDriver

I am in urgent need too. I had planned much earlier itself that my CITY will be replaced by Nexon in Diesel. Will be booking top model diesel tomorrow morning as I sold my CITY in evening today.

Regards

Akash
Wooohooo, that's call for a standing ovation and dada's special ...kya baat, kya baat & kya baaaaat (from DID) [:D]

It must have been hard to let go CITY (specially the best CITY ever) but i do know, you have made this decision for something which will prove to be a worthy successor :)

Again, welcome to the club (of waiting ;)) which specially for me has been restless days and nervous weekends. Btw, which colour you are going for finally ??
I wish if i had been in delhi/ncr now, would have definitely planned a meet with our new beloved possessions

Really Happy for you my friend for the courageous decision and congratulations for soon owning the brand new Nexxy (i believe i'm going to call my nexon with this name)

Cheers :)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Wooohooo, that's call for a standing ovation and dada's special ...kya baat, kya baat & kya baaaaat (from DID)
[:D]

It must have been hard to let go CITY (specially the best CITY ever) but i do know, you have made this decision for something which will prove to be a worthy successor
Absolutely. The 3rd Gen was among the most reliable one. Only the Ground Clearance & Weak Headlights were the concerns.

Again, welcome to the club (of waiting ) which specially for me has been restless days and nervous weekends. Btw, which colour you are going for finally ??
GREY Single Tone in XZ+ I am not restless for the waiting of Nexon rather last 2 days were more of restlessness regarding the sale of CITY.

I wish if i had been in delhi/ncr now, would have definitely planned a meet with our new beloved possessions
When ever you may drive down do pm me. Will be a pleasure to meet bro.

Really Happy for you my friend for the courageous decision
Thanks but that wasn't easy either. However, sometimes you have to take the decision against odds. I just hope all goes well and smooth here on. Expecting the car's delivery in April End. My Tigor's purchase gave me strength to deal with the odds of car purchase journey.

congratulations for soon owning the brand new Nexxy (i believe i'm going to call my nexon with this name)
I am more concerned as to how will I title my Owner's Review of Nexon.

Regards

Akash

[:D]

Absolutely. The 3rd Gen was among the most reliable one. Only the Ground Clearance & Weak Headlights were the concerns.

GREY Single Tone in XZ+ I am not restless for the waiting of Nexon rather last 2 days were more of restlessness regarding the sale of CITY.

When ever you may drive down do pm me. Will be a pleasure to meet bro.

Thanks but that wasn't easy either. However, sometimes you have to take the decision against odds. I just hope all goes well and smooth here on. Expecting the car's delivery in April End. My Tigor's purchase gave me strength to deal with the odds of car purchase journey.

I am more concerned as to how will I title my Owner's Review of Nexon.

Regards

Akash
So now Akash your garage will be a sole Tata garage, it speaks a lot for the confidence you garnered on their products, congrats once again.

Can you please give us the price break up, especially logistics, accessories and insurance, and the accessories provided.

Regards
Vinod

Hello Nanofreak, This is my first post in TAI.

Requesting you to post a review on your test drive of KUV NXT, as i did not see much info about this car in the forum.

THank you in advance.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom