Nexon XM Diesel
Rs.7,65,919

Nexon XT Diesel
Rs.8,31,749

Nexon XZ+ Diesel
Rs.9,46,753

Nexon XZ+ With Dual Tone Roof** Diesel
Rs.9,61,754

**The Dual Tone Roof available only in Moroccan Blue and Vermont Red body color.

Prices look pretty juicy to me, and if I am not mistaken, cheaper than both Brezza and EcoSport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked blue Nexon today and loved it, I have finalized this car but will take the delivery in January. Now just one confusion; which color to go for? Blue or Red? Moreover dual tone or single? Wife & daughter will take the final call for color. IMO Tata has a winner in their hand. Going to book the car in next few days if the waiting period is high.

Nexon looks promising and seems to be a good alternative to Ecosport/ Brezza/ Duster & WRV. Hope this is car is niggle free electrically, electronically & mechanically. Since its a new engine only time will tell how reliable it is in the long run. From the reviews so far it has got the best ride in its segment, good comfort, infotainment system(Audi like), good space, seating comfort, one of the best shifting gearbox & ergonomics are spot on. Even the design is sporty and funky especially the rear. Hope they haven't done any cost cutting with the internals since Tata vehicles are prone to be electrical / electronic weak. What ever seen externally seems to be of good built and quality, hope it is the same internally too.They have a clear winner but it all depends on their after sales service to ensure success in the longer run.

Thread Starter #34
Can't comment on the quality of the electricals, though there was no evidence of cost cutting, at least I could not spot anything even after close inspection. From Zest onwards, the inner fittings of Tata look really premium. I can share my personal experience in this regard. Those who had no idea about the price of Zest, were highly surprised after knowing the price. All of them said that they expected the car to be much costlier. Nexon follows the same legacy that much I can assure you.

Can't comment on the quality of the electricals, though there was no evidence of cost cutting, at least I could not spot anything even after close inspection. From Zest onwards, the inner fittings of Tata look really premium. I can share my personal experience in this regard. Those who had no idea about the price of Zest, were highly surprised after knowing the price. All of them said that they expected the car to be much costlier. Nexon follows the same legacy that much I can assure you.
this is my exact feeling. Infact i can say that the new dzire now looks like what Zest looked when it was launched few years ago.

All the new gen tata cars look premium but that is not clearly acknowleged by the reviewers and they have to point out at some cost cutting. Where are they easily call other cars premium. I have seen the ecosport, the balenos, and dzires and breezas. Even the i20s for that matter. there are hard plastics, flimsy plastics but yet they get premium tag and where as for Tata is is "Good plastics all around" but never premium. Well that was my grouse.

bhvm

Honoured Member
this is my exact feeling. Infact i can say that the new dzire now looks like what Zest looked when it was launched few years ago.

All the new gen tata cars look premium but that is not clearly acknowleged by the reviewers and they have to point out at some cost cutting. Where are they easily call other cars premium. I have seen the ecosport, the balenos, and dzires and breezas. Even the i20s for that matter. there are hard plastics, flimsy plastics but yet they get premium tag and where as for Tata is is "Good plastics all around" but never premium. Well that was my grouse.
There were many hindi reviews ( New channels) that said Plastics look premium and have good texture. They also highlighted the glossy grey bar that runs across dash near the glovebox.

I guess the seasoned reviewers have been "Seasoned" in the wrong way.

P.s-
One of the Hindi reviewers timed Nexon Petrol 0-100 at 19 Seconds! I really hope thats not true. Otherwise it would be a very pathetic engine!

had a TD of Nexon Diesel today. The dashboard is truly premium and atleast a segment above (Just for reference my daily driver is a Honda Accord, and ofcourse its nowhere close to that, but still better than Brezza, Verna, Ecosports, Duster etc). Looks awesome as well, and though I have as such no complaints from the interior or exterior looks. However the car definitely doesnt have enough head room. I felt claustrophobic while sitting in Nexon and I am just 5'6" tall. Although I like gadgets and buttons but combined with small head room that dashboard suddenly started looking too busy to me.

I would be going again tomorrow with my wife to take another test drive but if I continue to feel the same, I might have to start looking at another cars

had a TD of Nexon Diesel today. The dashboard is truly premium and atleast a segment above (Just for reference my daily driver is a Honda Accord, and ofcourse its nowhere close to that, but still better than Brezza, Verna, Ecosports, Duster etc). Looks awesome as well, and though I have as such no complaints from the interior or exterior looks. However the car definitely doesnt have enough head room. I felt claustrophobic while sitting in Nexon and I am just 5'6" tall. Although I like gadgets and buttons but combined with small head room that dashboard suddenly started looking too busy to me.

I would be going again tomorrow with my wife to take another test drive but if I continue to feel the same, I might have to start looking at another cars
Completely agree with you. For the purpose of giving a better stance and a great road presence Tata has compromised on the headroom which is a must for CSUV. Also Tata generally tries to give a higher seat in the same shell which gives its cars lesser headroom and below average ingress, egress. They have to check it thoroughly.
On the positive however interiors feels definitely better than Brezza and ecen Ecosport.

Last edited:
Instrument console shared between petrol & diesel since Tiago (could even be Bolt/Zest). Needle turns red upon hitting redline, hopefully someone checks that and shares the RPMs of redline.
Looks like you have an eye on this car, planning on getting one? [;)]
4500 for diesel in sports mode and 6000 for petrol in sports mode. 500 less in other two modes

Superb review and amazing car by TATA, they have juiced out the best.
Only concerns are
1. After sale service.
2. Frequent niggles that were present in older TATA cars.
And no body mentioned boot space capacity.

Thread Starter #41
I'm about 6 ft tall, but I hardly felt claustrophobic inside the car, even though I have claustrophobia as a health issue. I hardly drive with the AC on, always prefer to keep the windows rolled all the way down. Not sure why did you feel that way.

Superb review and amazing car by TATA, they have juiced out the best.
Only concerns are
1. After sale service.
2. Frequent niggles that were present in older TATA cars.
And no body mentioned boot space capacity.
Can't say anything surely about your second point, though looking at the two previous launches, Tiago and Tigor, it seems that it's an issue of the past. I haven't came across any report about any niggles for these two cars.
After sales service of Tata has improved markedly, and Maruti's deteriorated markedly, that much I can tell you from my personal experience. :-)

Thanks for pointing out the boot space, sorry that I missed it.

Can't say anything surely about your second point, though looking at the two previous launches, Tiago and Tigor, it seems that it's an issue of the past. I haven't came across any report about any niggles for these two cars.
After sales service of Tata has improved markedly, and Maruti's deteriorated markedly, that much I can tell you from my personal experience. :-)

Thanks for pointing out the boot space, sorry that I missed it.
Well from zest onwards they have improved a lot, no doubt in that. Maruti Suzuki guys just copy whatever comes new in the market for eg. Ciaz. They totally ignore the safety point they focus on FE and they now really know how to please Indian Mentality.

Regarding the boot space i found that it is 350 lts, and the rear seats could be folded to a 60:40 ratio.

I'm about 6 ft tall, but I hardly felt claustrophobic inside the car, even though I have claustrophobia as a health issue. I hardly drive with the AC on, always prefer to keep the windows rolled all the way down. Not sure why did you feel that way.
I went in for another TD today with my family. 3 members in all (me tallest at 5'6", :p). All felt the same thing, but we also came to the conclusion that the driver seat has very less leg room width as well alongwith a lack of headroom (Though ofcourse there was a decent 4" of headroom left but in practice thats quite a lot less headroom compared to even Baleno). Basically my left knee was hitting the side of grand console and right knee was hitting the panel on the door panel.

Ofcourse if I buy it, I am sure I will be able to adjust to the cabin size but at this moment I feel that why should I need to adjust while buying a new car.

Thread Starter #44
I went in for another TD today with my family. 3 members in all (me tallest at 5'6", :p). All felt the same thing, but we also came to the conclusion that the driver seat has very less leg room width as well alongwith a lack of headroom (Though ofcourse there was a decent 4" of headroom left but in practice thats quite a lot less headroom compared to even Baleno). Basically my left knee was hitting the side of grand console and right knee was hitting the panel on the door panel.

Ofcourse if I buy it, I am sure I will be able to adjust to the cabin size but at this moment I feel that why should I need to adjust while buying a new car.
Well, perception is absolutely a personal thing. [:)]

Still, I should suggest that you should not compare Baleno with Nexon as these two are completely different cars (type wise). Secondly, your (and the members of your family) perception will greatly be influenced by the experience you have with your present car. If you are using a Honda City and try Nexon, you are bound to find Nexon cramped. On the other hand, a person using Honda Brio would find Nexon roomy enough. So, are you sure that your judgment is not getting influenced by your present experience, which I suspect, as your present wheels are Honda Accord, a mid-sized sedan, if I remember correctly, and that's a very spacious car indeed.

Finally, may I inquire whether you are heavily buiilt or not (if you wish, you may ignore this question, and I wouldn't mind)?

Last edited:

That is really surprising ...i have Tiago and I am 5'8" and on heavier side but I don't find it cramped..and if one compares nexon with tiago it should at least have a bit better space based on the specs. (I have not seen nexon in person still)
May be it is about getting used to different cars?

Last edited:

Top Bottom