Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Thread Starter #946

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I too had similar experience after changing to Michelins in my Nexon last year:
The details are here.
Yes ,your finding are identical to mine. Thanks for clearing my doubts.
But my observations are not based on 350 kms driven between 2 cities. Its simply that the Stepney mat is bulging up because of Michelins and mat appears slightly swollen, and this swollen character was not there with Bridgestone, which prompted me to look up for the cause !!
Its like there is a 225 spec tyre in the Stepney bay, instead of 215, which it actually is !!

Last edited:
Not in mayankdixit case. But heavily out of spec tyres will confuse ECM, BCM and ABS module, there by effecting overall car performance. As other members mentioned one of the many are rolling distance. But it will not end there.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Am in market for new set of tires for my almost 4 yr old Nexon XZ+ clocked 41k KM (coz of lock dwn).
Went for car tyre shop, he told me you can easily go for yokohoma earth 1 , i enquired about continental uc series said its similar not much difference. He was saying if you want you can go for bridgestrone t001 in same price quoting ~34k for 4. Read about Micheline import issue which the shop owner was mentioning too
Need you expert advices on the same

Thread Starter #949

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hi all,
Am in market for new set of tires for my almost 4 yr old Nexon XZ+ clocked 41k KM (coz of lock dwn).
Went for car tyre shop, he told me you can easily go for yokohoma earth 1 , i enquired about continental uc series said its similar not much difference. He was saying if you want you can go for bridgestrone t001 in same price quoting ~34k for 4. Read about Micheline import issue which the shop owner was mentioning too
Need you expert advices on the same
You can have a look at my quoted reply below, which applies to Nexon too.
Also you can look at all the posts in last 2 pages of this thread.

Best tyre would be Michelin, no comparison with any brand. I understand that they may be difficult to get hands on, so
Second best
would be Continental. They claim in their site that the ContiSilent™ tire contains a polyether-based polyurethane foam. It is firmly attached to an adhesive layer on the inner surface of the tire tread area which helps reduce interior vehicle noise up to 9 dB(A). I cannot prove it but my colleagues have used it and have faith in it.CC6 and UC6 both are good.
Third best would be Yokohalma and
Fourth best would be Bridgestone.I had a bad experience with them in my Nexon

Last edited:
Thread Starter #951

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks @mayankdixit ... I finalised on continental uc 6
Please post some pics of your ride with the new tyres for all of us forum members(as well as non- members).You wont believe there are at least 8-10 times more non- members viewing our posts daily. And they appreciate them too. Its only that they cannot give "likes". Otherwise they make our posts and threads popular and famous.
These people whose names I am mentioning (and lots more) are already like heroes amongst the automotive enthusiasts. People discuss them daily like they know them fully. And the truth is these stars even don't know that thousands of people like them and read their posts and talk about them daily!!

Forum members:
bhvm
allhyundaicars
350Z
Nairrk
Suryaputhra
Dr MUDHAN

Akash1886
deville_56
J.Ravi
vikyjoshi
gearhead2
SandeepJohn
VISHNUCARCRAZY
bbarve
TAUREAN CZAR

An example from today:
Presently Serious Discussion is going on in Ignis thread. Its deep. Half of my colleagues and patients are in favour of Suryaputhra. They say he is a very technical person. He is correct in pointing out the follies in DIY of Dr MUDHAN . Whatever he says ultimately comes out to be true.
Its as if they are talking about cricket stars.
Other half of them are saying, no no Dr MUDHAN is a very through and laborious person. He has proved himself in the Honda city thread. He is very dedicated and intelligent. He is correct. After all he single handedly upgraded the whole light setup of his car!!
Meanwhile I listen to these non-members and I do not know whom to support, so I admonish them like this "Why don't you become a member and then post whatever you want to say. Till then don't eat my head!! "

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
You wont believe there are at least 8-10 times more non- members viewing our posts daily. And they appreciate them too. Its only that they cannot give "likes". Otherwise they make our posts and threads popular and famous.
True that. I get pop-ups on Insta and FB from people whom I don't know (sometimes, my non-TAI friends as well) where to, how to, when did you, kind of questions. Even more surprised when I got message on YouTube about unlisted videos I shared only on TAI. Pursued some of my friends to join here, but they are not posting anything here.

When it comes to in-depth discussions, I go crazy [lol].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #956

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very nice. Tread pattern is looking good.
How much did it cost to you??
How many tyres did you purchase?
How do they ride on tarmac and concrete?

p.s if you wash and clean your alloys the pictures will come out even better.

Last edited:
Very nice. Tread pattern is looking good.
How much did it cost to you??
How many tyres did you purchase?
How do they ride on tarmac and concrete?

p.s if you wash and clean your alloys the pictures will come out even better.
I ll keep that mind for future posts

I changed all 4 tyre , as there were multiple punctures in old one.
I got it all 4 at 35k.
These tires are awesome, they are very responsive the moment you turn. Haven't driven on highway but yes till now its quiet silent.Till now only driven less 100km so can say on mileage

Thread Starter #958

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My Nexon is doing just fine. Michelins are very silent in the city. Steering feels same as before but the ride feels very plush now. But I have yet to prove their robustness on rough roads.
Lets see how they hold in front of the potholes !!

IMG-20211105-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20211106-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #959

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
On the other hand I have used the 5th tyre left over from last Bridgestone batch and mounted it on the steel rim provided OEM as Stepney. So effectively now I have 6 fully functional tyres 5 alloys + 1 steel rim !!
I don't know what I am going to do with it. I could not sell it and got frustrated and did this .As soon I saw that I have 1 Bridgestone tyre which is almost unused and has no puncture at all, I had this idea and made it into another stepney.

IMG-20211128-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20211128-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20211128-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20211128-WA0002.jpg

I am noticing that it has decent tread left and is almost unused, so this is the option left, I feel (it can be used in the best manner).
IMG-20211128-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20211128-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20211128-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20211128-WA0007.jpg

If anyone is interested, they can pm me and take away this surplus tyre for free. And I am not kidding, I am serious.

At the moment, I am happy my Nexon has 2 stepneys( 1 alloy rim+ 1 steel rim). Not many cars in the world can boast of that !!

Last edited:

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Presently Serious Discussion is going on in Ignis thread. Its deep. Half of my colleagues and patients are in favour of @Suryaputhra. They say he is a very technical person. He is correct in pointing out the follies in DIY of @Dr MUDHAN .
I am surprised to note this post. Suryaputhra is a respectable fellow forum member, I always admire his technical knowledge and we, with each other, used consult many things through INBOX conversations.
That post in my IGNIS thread is about upgrading a headlight and he was trying to help / clarify my doubts and ultimately I found the answer from other source that how this kind of sealed LED head lights are made. Nothing more than that.
I don’t understand what warranted to use words as ‘follies in DIY of Dr MUDHAN’ as it means ‘the state or quality of being foolish; lack of understanding or sense / creating ornamental things with no practical purpose’ in literature.
I assure, I am a person whole heartedly will accept any mistake if there is and never misguide anyone. it’s only an ownership experience thread, giving opportunities to explore more things and need not to be always accepted .
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

PS: Let us avoid further discussions over this issue, please.

Last edited:

Top Bottom