Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

What a coincindence, I had been checking on getting new rubbers myself, and was thinking about Turanzas(Although not available for my profile).
I am planning to change the tyres, as the ride is nearing 50k kms, and the timeline is 7 years!
What's your thought friends? Only 40% thread has been used, but you all know how MRF hardens over time. I don't want my parents to be troubled on course of highway runs by accidental punctures.

Thread Starter #903

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Try yokohoma or continental. They are getting good reviews as far as I have heard.
Thanks for your feedback. Will definitely look into it.
What a coincindence, I had been checking on getting new rubbers myself, and was thinking about Turanzas(Although not available for my profile).
I won't recommend turanzas as is obvious from my experience. Surprisingly the Tyre dealers call it a premium Tyre, and it's priced costly too.
If this dumb Tyre is a premium one then what more options are left with me for further improvement ?

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
I won't recommend turanzas as is obvious from my experience. Surprisingly, the Tyre dealers call it a premium Tyre, and it's priced costly too.
If this dumb Tyre is a premium one then what more options are left with me for further improvement ?
I checked Bridgestones some 10 years back for Indica and price was almost 20-30% more than MRF and Goodyears. Never even considered that brand after that.

Bridgestone Ecopia is one of the the worst tyres in India. Came in 17 incher variants of EcoSport and can see owners venting out in every forum and ownership groups. Sidewall burst is too common. Ford ended replacing a lot under warranty.

Thread Starter #906

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
So what brands you finalized, once you selected I will blindly go for that brand for my Vitara because you select in way that we need not think again and can go for that brand confidently.
I am presently working on it. Its night and I will do the final decision tomorrow.
BTW yeh Vitara Kahan se aa gayi??
I thought you had a beautifully maintained red Dzire. Sorry If I totally missed your Vitara ownership review. Trust me, I am pleasantly surprised by this revelation.

Last edited:
I am presently working on it. Its night and I will do the final decision tomorrow.
BTW yeh Vitara Kahan se aa gayi??
I thought you had a beautifully maintained red Dzire. Sorry If I totally missed your Vitara ownership review. Trust me, I am pleasantly surprised by this revelation.
I brought 2015 Grand Vitara, due to professionally very busy could not start ownership thread. As of now except long drives, outing and camping with friends I am not using it. Dzire is daily commute. Vitara spares are not available should be brought from Mumbai. If Suzuki launch Jimny 3 door (not 5 door) I will buy it and Vitara will be given to my son. Present generation Vitara 1.5Ltr dual jet is good but Suzuki will bring it India 2023 mid only.

I like TATA and Mahindra cars waiting for a model which suits my taste. Are they still using cast iron block?. Many say cast iron block is outdated but it lasts forever. These all aluminum engines are like play cards. The only thing I like in Japanese cars are Engine, refinement, suspension and seating may be it Honda or Suzuki. They squeeze as much as power from small engines. You know Some time back Made in Japan watches or simply made in Japan.

One of my Doc friend in Blore owns Porsche, Merc and Audi, interestingly he afraid to take them in rainy season. His Porsche engine seized suddenly in rain. But our Korean, Japanese, Tatas and Mahindras running on roads like ants. I don't change cars often like once in 5 to 7 years I don't believe in that concept. So my statement is "Cars do not age, Arc in them"'.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #908

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I brought 2015 Grand Vitara, due to professionally very busy could not start ownership thread. As of now except long drives, outing and camping with friends I am not using it. Dzire is daily commute.
My belated and heartiest congrats on your Grand Vitara. Please do post some pics , when you feel like it.

I don't change cars often like once in 5 to 7 years I don't believe in that concept. So my statement is "Cars do not age, Arc in them"'.
I totally agree with you on this. For me so far it has been more like 8-9 years. And I intend to fully arc in my present cars, for as long as possible.

Last edited:
Kindly post a detailed ownership thread @Suryaputhra sir, would love to hear your technical expertise in the same.

@mayankdixit sir: Bridgestone B250 and Bridgestone B290 are the 2 tires I have used in my friend's Verna and swift.
My opinion is they haven't given any punctures till the thread got worn off completely(B250 lasted till 50k kms), till 40kkms- it didn't show any wear, but the wear started so fast after 40kkms (Always checked for alignment and balancing at the same shop, filled with nitrogen).
Continental is getting good reviews, even my friend had got his WRV replaced with Continental.

@deville_56 bro: Adding to what you told, Ford ecosport also had another issue with the 17" profile. As they were giving a bumpy ride, although Ford always builts its suspension so well. Some customers had changed it to 16" for better comfort with better rubber.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Kindly post a detailed ownership thread @Suryaputhra sir, would love to hear your technical expertise in the same.

@mayankdixit sir: Bridgestone B250 and Bridgestone B290 are the 2 tires I have used in my friend's Verna and swift.
My opinion is they haven't given any punctures till the thread got worn off completely(B250 lasted till 50k kms), till 40kkms- it didn't show any wear, but the wear started so fast after 40kkms (Always checked for alignment and balancing at the same shop, filled with nitrogen).
Continental is getting good reviews, even my friend had got his WRV replaced with Continental.

@deville_56 bro: Adding to what you told, Ford ecosport also had another issue with the 17" profile. As they were giving a bumpy ride, although Ford always builts its suspension so well. Some customers had changed it to 16" for better comfort with better rubber.
Ford discontinued the 17-inch wheels. It was available as option in Titanium S and Thunder for sometime after discontinuing, but now not seen in option list.

Thread Starter #911

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Ford discontinued the 17-inch wheels. It was available as option in Titanium S and Thunder for sometime after discontinuing, but now not seen in option list.
Similar problem was observed in Innova crysta in top trim.lots of Tyre burst complaints.lots of warranty replacement and what not. They replaced 17inchers with 16" ones FOC.
Our roads need high profile tyres. Rubber band tyres won't last a month.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Similar problem was observed in Innova crysta in top trim.lots of Tyre burst complaints.lots of warranty replacement and what not. They replaced 17inchers with 16" ones FOC.
Our roads need high profile tyres. Rubber band tyres won't last a month.
In case of Ecosport, issue was only with Ecopia users and switching to other brands helped. Ironically, Crysta came with Bridgestone Turanza and in 55 profile. So 17 inchers can't be blamed as such. I run 50 profile on both my Beat and Fiesta, no harm so far [lol]

bhvm

Honoured Member
They have only crossed 4 years and small cracks are developing all over. They are very bad tyres
This is my Experience with Bridgestones on Variety of my cars. Such has Safari & i10. Very different cars, very different use case.
My best experience was with Yokohama Geolander and Falken Wildpeak. Multiple times.
See if you can get some of these in Nexon sizes.

For me so far it has been more like 8-9 years
Thats good.
Let me Join the Club. How about 13 years and beyond?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #915

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Urgent Need for New and Better Tyres for My Nexon.
Bridgestone Turanza tyres on my Nexon
are still continuing to give me lot of trouble. one of the tyre got a bad sidewall cut today. It was my fault. While parking the car on the road I misjudged the distance between concrete edge and front left tyre. Result was sidewall damage with instant air loss. Now I am left with 3 badly punctured tyres + 1 bust tyre with sidewall rupture. I want a better tyre but am not going to buy Bridgestone turanzas ever. They are very bad tyres. Not meant for our roads. Moreover they are very pricey too. I don't want to go for Ceat or MRF as they are very hard and uncomfortable. Want a better rubber.!
Try yokohoma or continental. They are getting good reviews as far as I have heard.
I won't recommend turanzas as is obvious from my experience. Surprisingly the Tyre dealers call it a premium Tyre, and it's priced costly too.
I am presently working on it. Its night and I will do the final decision tomorrow..
My best experience was with Yokohama Geolander and Falken Wildpeak. Multiple times.
See if you can get some of these in Nexon sizes.
So what brands you finalized, once you selected I will blindly go for that brand for my Vitara because you select in way that we need not think again and can go for that brand confidently.

I have done my homework all night , and I have made my decision !!
Here are the pictures, which are self explanatory.

IMG-20210819-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20210819-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210826-WA0000.jpg

Thank you friends for your feedback which helped me in making my decision.
@Suryaputhra
@bhvm
@deville_56
@VISHNUCARCRAZY
@vijesh_360

Last edited:

Top Bottom