Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Thread Starter #61

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Few underbody pics,I took in my parking.

exhaust pipe with catalytic convertor.
IMG-20171124-WA0010.jpg

Size comparison with other hatchbacks,and dzire!
IMG-20171124-WA0011.jpg

there is a 2 fan system to cool the radiator fins!!I noted this in the new thar too. I wonder if it increases the cooling efficiency.
IMG-20171124-WA0012.jpg

I do not know what is the purpose of this short stubby pipe coming out of the below portion of the radiator.
IMG-20171124-WA0013.jpg

there is already 3M coating done to the underbody from the factory!!
IMG-20171124-WA0015.jpg

sump is made of plastic,I suppose.
IMG-20171124-WA0016.jpg

size comparison of tyres, with swift dezire.
IMG-20171124-WA0018.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #64

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
It's done at the assembly line in TML factory at no extra cost. It's protection may be less than that of outside coatings like 3M.
I beg to differ. It has top notch quality.My erstwhile swift and ritz were treated with the so called teflon coating from the dealer. Although it lasted the distance ,but they did not remove wheels and fender lining etc to do that coating.Here in NEXON its all cared for.Its so thick that it remained sticky to touch, for 3 weeks,before it got dried up fully.In real time scenario it may prove to be better than them all,that's what I believe,after looking at the underbody in detail.[:D]

Last edited:
Dear mayankDixit,

i have enquired about nexon xz+ model, they quote me optional AMC, Optional warranty extend worth around 12-12 thousand approx seperately.. is it worth buying AMC and extended warranty..

Thread Starter #67

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Dear mayankDixit,

is it worth buying AMC and extended warranty..
Extended warranty is definitely worth buying but not the AMC,which will be of worth only if your driving is very much (like a taxi etc)

@SRT_RedDevil (Have you tested android auto and other features of ICN? Can we watch YouTube videos on screen?)
Yes Android auto works,but it sucks because you have to attach a cable from phone to the screen. I thought it will be like bluetooth,with phone in the pocket and such!!. No I haven't run you tube videos yet.Will test it and tell you shortly.

Last edited:
I do not know what is the purpose of this short stubby pipe coming out of the below portion of the radiator.
View attachment 235675
That is a venting pipe. In case due to failure of thermostat or relays for radiator fans the car over heats, the fluid gets drained from that pipe. As you know, the cooling system is a closed system. When the car overheats, the fuilds expand in volume. Hence the venting pipe.

Thread Starter #70

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
That is a venting pipe. In case due to failure of thermostat or relays for radiator fans the car over heats, the fluid gets drained from that pipe. As you know, the cooling system is a closed system. When the car overheats, the fuilds expand in volume. Hence the venting pipe.
Thanks for the information.Is this vent in other cars too??
Meanwhile I wanted to share these interesting designs/detailings on Nexon

design on the wheels
IMG-20171127-WA0008.jpg

4 different designs on the tail lamp assembly (last photo shows tyre brand.I heard some cars are shod with Goodyears.But I would prefer these only)
IMG-20171127-WA0004.jpg [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #71

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Did a 500 kms trip to Chitrakoot in the past 2 days.Nexon performed flawlessly.The best thing is the suspension.It soaks up bumps like no other car(which I have driven,or sat in,and which will include quite a lot of them).It (ie the cushion suspension)also makes the trip comfortable and fatigueless.Also noteworthy is the average which I was getting from NEXON.I drove 70% in city mode,and 30% in sports drive mode.Still for most of the return journey I got 30kms/litre.Thats the maximum the car can give.It stayed at that figure for 160 kms of return journey.Only after a long traffic jam near fatehpur it came down to 28,and settled at that.I thought that sport mode of nexon=actual alltime mode of XUV.No I was wrong.!!XUV with Mhawk is far more powerful than that.You only come to know of the difference in overtaking maneuvers.I know that I am comparing 1.5lts with 2.2liters,but cant help comparing still. Actually XUV alltime mode=super sport mode of nexon,if it ever exists ie.
Some pics from the trip.

Sati-anasuya temple chitrakoot.
IMG-20171203-WA0019.jpg

this was the average I got!!
IMG-20171203-WA0023.jpg

and this after completion of the journey,which included lots of spirited runs,idling in traffic jams,waiting for signals and what not!!.
IMG-20171203-WA0025.jpg

in the parking lot of the tourist lodge where I stayed.
IMG-20171203-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20171203-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20171203-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20171203-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20171203-WA0016.jpg

a parting shot
IMG-20171203-WA0022.jpg

Last edited:
Did you calculate the mileage with tankful method? And yes diesel engine is very fun to drive. In city traffic and on the high way it performs really well. Yesterday i drove diesel even though I have booked petrol one. Petrol is also not much behind diesel in terms of highway performance. In city though, just have to get used to gear changes and correct RPM level.

Thread Starter #73

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I know all the talk going on about how the actual mileage is 5 km/l less and all that.To be honest I don't care about it at all.You see,I am already hitting 28-30,Well how low can it go from the MID figure.I am still happy.I don't intend to make all that much (tankful to tankful) effort.I never have.Not in any of my cars so far.Not even in my bike and activa.I just enjoy my ride that's all.I never bought a car based on average! All these figures and all are just bonus!. It goes on to show that I am driving my machine right,that's all.

Last edited:
Congratulations and best wishes, mayankdixit. [clap][:)]
Actually XUV alltime mode=super sport mode of nexon,if it ever exists ie.
I have already test-driven Nexon thrice, twice in Bangalore and once in Chennai, all within the city limits during peak hours. Hence, this question: which one do you enjoy more to drive on a highway, XUV 500 or Nexon?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I know all the talk going on about how the actual mileage is 5 km/l less and all that.To be honest I don't care about it at all.You see,I am already hitting 28-30,Well how low can it go from the MID figure.I am still happy.I don't intend to make all that much (tankful to tankful) effort.I never have.Not in any of my cars so far.Not even in my bike and activa.I just enjoy my ride that's all.I never bought a car based on average! All these figures and all are just bonus!. It goes on to show that I am driving my machine right,that's all.
100% true. There is much more to a car than just km/L. Even if MID shows error in FE of say 10% then too, for a new car, the FE Figures are superb! My CITY's MID shows 10.2 to 10.5 km/L, I don't really bother on it and haven't bothered for last 6 years.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom