Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Thread Starter #1,007

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I wanted to clean them actually, in my city the shops in the name of drycleaning just just rub it with the detergent liquid. Is there any other way to easily clean them sir.
You don't need to remove the whole door panel in order to clean the door pad area. It's not advisable. You can use any good quality interior trim cleaner available online. There are many options for that.
If you still insist then I can tell you that whole door panel is attached by 9 plastic grommets. You can slowly pry out those plastic clips carefully with trim removers or screwdriver. It's not difficult but requires lots of elbow grease. First remove the screw near the door latch. Only then proceed further.
After removing the door panel you will have to dismantle the door pad area from inside only as its locked with plastic buttons.

Last edited:
Hello, Something weird happened today with my Nexon. I'm always careful about turning the electronics off before I get out of the car and lock it. Today as well I double-checked before locking the car to see whether all the electronics were off, it was. The start/stop button was off and no light was emitted, The AC was off, Headlights too. The only thing that was on was the Dashcam which records any movement near the car when any activity/jolt occurs. After around 5-6 hours when I came back, the battery was drained out. Dashcam isn't a new installation and has been there for a month and ten odd days, which is how old this vehicle is. I called roadside assistance and he jump-started the vehicle, He blamed the electronics being on. After a bit of conversation, he said that the AC needs to be manually turned off before turning off the car and blamed it on the AC. Every time any sort of electronics is on in the car (except the dashcam) and the key is out of range my car starts beeping, I heard no beeps at all. How did the battery get drained? The service center people were of no help as they just blamed me for leaving something turned on in the car. Now the check engine light is on and won't go away. I always send myself a message on WhatsApp basically confirming that everything is turned off in the car, Handbrake has been pulled, etc. So I'm certain that there wasn't anything left on

The only thing that was on was the Dashcam which records any movement near the car when any activity/jolt occurs. After around 5-6 hours when I came back, the battery was drained out. Dashcam isn't a new installation and has been there for a month and ten odd days, which is how old this vehicle is.
If what I read (highlighted in BOLD) is true, then there is something more to this than what is seen.

A dashcam (whichever brand it is) may pull around 400mA to 500 mA (rough figures based on the Viofo A229 Duo dashcam that I have). With this figure of power draw, the cars battery can't die unless it is NOT getting charged properly in the first place.

Can you please describe the usage pattern of your Nexon?

After a bit of conversation, he said that the AC needs to be manually turned off before turning off the car and blamed it on the AC.
What a logic that is. Once the ignition is OFF, nothing related to the AC functions anyway so that causing the battery drain is ruled out.

The service center people were of no help as they just blamed me for leaving something turned on in the car.
ASC guys won't be of much help unless there is something major to be worked upon. For such troubleshooting, you'll need to visit specific technicians i.e., automotive electricians who know what they talk.

Now the check engine light is on and won't go away.
Check Engine Light (CEL) turning ON due to battery failure, I guess you'll need to connect a OBD 2 adaptor into the OBD 2 port and look for that DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) which should help narrow down the issue that caused the CEL to turn on.

If what I read (highlighted in BOLD) is true, then there is something more to this than what is seen.

A dashcam (whichever brand it is) may pull around 400mA to 500 mA (rough figures based on the Viofo A229 Duo dashcam that I have). With this figure of power draw, the cars battery can't die unless it is NOT getting charged properly in the first place.

Can you please describe the usage pattern of your Nexon?

What a logic that is. Once the ignition is OFF, nothing related to the AC functions anyway so that causing the battery drain is ruled out.

ASC guys won't be of much help unless there is something major to be worked upon. For such troubleshooting, you'll need to visit specific technicians i.e., automotive electricians who know what they talk.

Check Engine Light (CEL) turning ON due to battery failure, I guess you'll need to connect a OBD 2 adaptor into the OBD 2 port and look for that DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) which should help narrow down the issue that caused the CEL to turn on.

Okay so the usage of the car, It's used every day to commute from Home to Work/college which is about 18KMs up and down. Usually, the car is parked for around 5-7 hours in an open parking as there is no indoor parking available, due to the heat the infotainment screen froze up the day before the battery drained (When I turned the car off the infotainment did turn off as well). It's in use nearly every day, it hit 1500 KMs within 30 days of delivery.

I will approach the automotive electricians today, the service centre people are claiming they will rectify this issue and to bring the car in. If they aren't of any help I will approach the automotive electricians.

Got it rectified, there was an issue with the battery. Since the car is still under warranty they replaced it for free!

One more thing, I'm considering changing the headlights of my car to LED, the stock one has no visibility at night in places where there are no street lights. What I am concerned about is the legality of it, I've heard a lot of people tell its illegal to change it and that it has to be under a certain Voltage. The Tata dealership are selling LED headlight which are 110V, I don't know whether I should get them changed.

Got it rectified, there was an issue with the battery. Since the car is still under warranty they replaced it for free!
Good that the issue has been traced and solved for the good.

One more thing, I'm considering changing the headlights of my car to LED, the stock one has no visibility at night in places where there are no street lights. What I am concerned about is the legality of it, I've heard a lot of people tell its illegal to change it and that it has to be under a certain Voltage. The Tata dealership are selling LED headlight which are 110V, I don't know whether I should get them changed.
Does the car have projector headlights? I mean the variant that you own have projectors or reflectors?

If the car has reflector headlights then DO NOT change to LEDs as they will scatter light all around and not help in increasing the visibility for which they were changed in the first place. If the car has projectors in the low-beam, then please get any LED bulb that you prefer and swap it as it will have less scatter and glare for the oncoming road users.

Good that the issue has been traced and solved for the good.

Does the car have projector headlights? I mean the variant that you own have projectors or reflectors?

If the car has reflector headlights then DO NOT change to LEDs as they will scatter light all around and not help in increasing the visibility for which they were changed in the first place. If the car has projectors in the low-beam, please get any LED bulb you prefer and swap it as it will have less scatter and glare for the oncoming road users.
Yeah, the car has projector Headlights, I spoke to people at Tata. They are suggesting going for a Blaupunkt LED v19 Pro, apparently, it's a genuine TATA accessory that they sell.

Also when I did have the battery issue. They suggested not to leave the car in Neutral after parking as they claimed it drains the battery, they suggested leaving it in gear and pulling the handbrake. This made me go down a spiral on how to park an amt car, I don't have experience with this transmission. Some say leaving in neutral is fine, some say it drains battery and some say it doesn't matter.

Top Bottom