Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

tata-nexon-touchscreen-buttons-removed-_small.jpg

image source: teambhp
In a surprising update on the nexon's infotainment systems in the XZ model onwards, the physical buttons have been removed. Why TATA why ? These buttons prove to be very handy while driving without taking your eyes of the road. When your models are picking steam , why this cost cutting exercise ? Cant you find some other place to cut costs. These feature deletion exercise which TATA has embarked on , somebody needs to put a hold on these.
If all your customers preferred were touchscreens , we could have bought those other cars with tablets as their main feature. Your sales are on a roll , please do not pour cold water on it.

View attachment 285830
image source: teambhp
In a surprising update on the nexon's infotainment systems in the XZ model onwards, the physical buttons have been removed. Why TATA why ? These buttons prove to be very handy while driving without taking your eyes of the road. When your models are picking steam , why this cost cutting exercise ? Cant you find some other place to cut costs. These feature deletion exercise which TATA has embarked on , somebody needs to put a hold on these.
If all your customers preferred were touchscreens , we could have bought those other cars with tablets as their main feature. Your sales are on a roll , please do not pour cold water on it.
Let me play the devils advocate.

They have removed physical buttons for the music system. The driver has the physical buttons though. On his steering wheel. Its the passengers who are going to find it difficult to fiddle with the system now. [lol]

NOTE: Now, I am disappointed. After making all the right noises about not needing large screens and all, TATA have removed the physical buttons which made large screens not necessary. Now to make usage easy, they'll have to incorporate a large screen. In my Polo with steering mounted buttons and touch screen, I have used the physical buttons on the center console 90% of the time. Why TATA Why?

A detailed look at the interior and infotainment updates on the
New Tata Nexon XZ+(o)
These updates are present on XZ variant onwards manufactured since the month of April

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Motors Discontinues Tectonic Blue Colour Of The Nexon SUV

FireShot Capture 003 - Tata Motors Discontinues Tectonic Blue Colour Of The Nexon SUV_ - www.c...png

Earlier this month, there was a report that Tata Motors updated the colour palette of the Tiago hatchback. Now, the Indian carmaker has silently discontinued the Tectonic Blue colour scheme of the Nexon. The SUV is listed on the official website with only five colour options - Foliage Green, Calgary White, Flame Red, Pure Silver and Daytona Grey. The Tectonic colour has been removed from the website as well as the brochure. We have reached out to the company for an official statement, however, at the time of publishing this story, our email sent to Tata Motors remained unanswered.

Read

Tata Motors Discontinues Tectonic Blue Colour Of The Nexon SUV

Earlier this month, there was a report that Tata Motors updated the colour palette of the Tiago hatchback. Now, the Indian carmaker has silently discontinued the Tectonic Blue colour scheme of the Nexon. The SUV is listed on the official website with only five colour options - Foliage Green, Calgary White, Flame Red, Pure Silver and Daytona Grey. The Tectonic colour has been removed from the website as well as the brochure. We have reached out to the company for an official statement, however, at the time of publishing this story, our email sent to Tata Motors remained unanswered.

Read
A pity - it was a lovely blue colour and the flashes of white really made it stand out.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A pity - it was a lovely blue colour and the flashes of white really made it stand out.
TML discontinued the Blue color in Tigor & Tiago in 1st gen too and replaced it with dark Blue in their 2018 refresh of Tigor & then in Tiago. Now, I wish post the discontinuation of Blue color, TML should introduce the EV Nexon's Blue color in the Petrol & Diesel Spec. That EV Nexon's Blue color is superb shade and looks really nice in sunlight.

Regards
Akash

TML discontinued the Blue color in Tigor & Tiago in 1st gen too and replaced it with dark Blue in their 2018 refresh of Tigor & then in Tiago. Now, I wish post the discontinuation of Blue color, TML should introduce the EV Nexon's Blue color in the Petrol & Diesel Spec. That EV Nexon's Blue color is superb shade and looks really nice in sunlight.

Regards
Akash
My mistake Akash! - I was talking about the EV Nexon's blue colour and was surprised that they should remove it. I felt that that particular blue colour - with the white flashes was among the USPs of the model. Apart from the fact that it was the first EV from a domestic major to have decent range/charge and great quality details. I'm glad that the EV Nexon continues unchanged in its blue livery!

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon Gets New Five-Spoke Diamond-Cut Alloy Wheels

92o1bkp8_tata-nexon-gets-new-5spoke-diamondcut-alloy-wheels_625x300_29_May_21.jpg

Tata Motors has silently introduced new five-spoke alloy wheels on the Nexon subcompact SUV. The older V-shaped spoke wheel design has been replaced with new 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels. The homegrown automaker is offering new alloy wheels only on top-end variants of the Nexon, which includes XZ+, XZ+ (S), XZ+ (O), XZA+, XZA+ (O) and XZA+ (S). We have reached out to the company for an official statement, however, at the time of publishing this story, our email sent to Tata Motors remained unanswered.

Read

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata Motors rolls out the 2,00,000th Nexon

India's 1st GNCAP 5 Star rated car surges ahead with increasing demand every month

Image 1.jpg

Mr. Mohan Savarkar - Vice President, Product Line Head, PVBU, Tata Motors and Mr. Rajesh Khatri, Vice President – Operations, PVBU, Tata Motors, at the occasion of the 2,00,000th rollout of the Tata Nexon from the company’s Ranjangaon facility in Pune.

Image 3.jpg
Tata Motors rolls out the 2,00,000th unit of Tata Nexon - India's 1st GNCAP 5 Star Rated Car from its Rajangaon plant. With its segment leading safety, design and performance, the Nexon continues to garner great response from customers and its demand has been consistently increasing leading to the highest ever sales in March 2021.

Mumbai, June 10, 2021:
Adhering to Covid 19 safety protocols and hygiene norms, Tata Motors, India’s leading automotive brand, today rolled out the 2,00,000th Nexon from its Ranjangaon facility in Pune. Since the 150K roll out in November 2020, the last 50K units have been recorded in less than 6 months, with demand outpacing supply and production limited due to the pandemic. The Nexon is among the top 3 highest selling compact SUVs, in India and the company celebrates a new milestone in the brand’s journey as it grows in its popularity every month.

The Nexon is the first car in India to receive a full 5-star adult safety rating by Global NCAP, an internationally renowned automotive safety accreditation body and is much acclaimed for its class-leading safety, design and driving pleasure. Customer bookings have been growing and in March 2021, Nexon sales set a new record of 8,683 units in a month, further strengthening the Company’s leadership position in the C-SUV segment.

Since its launch in 2017, Tata Motors has constantly upgraded the Nexon for safety, GNCAP certification, design, regulations, emissions, aspirational and segment defining feature additions. It is now available in 20 variants offering customers an exciting product proposition at different price points. The range includes 12 variants in petrol and 8 variants in diesel with automatic and manual transmission options. In keeping with its brand promise of ‘New Forever,’ the Company has constantly refreshed its product portfolio, to meet the evolving needs of customers.

The Nexon has been the flagbearer of Tata Motors’ commitment to safety as it has paved way for other cars from Tata Motors like the Altroz, Tiago and Tigor to establish new benchmarks in car safety in each of their respective segments. It is one of the most successful products from the New Forever range of Tata Motors’ portfolio.

To know more, visit the nearest Tata Motors showroom or view Tata Nexon - Explore Nexon Reviews, Images, Interiors, Exteriors & More. Customers can also enquire, request a test drive, make bookings and choose from a range of attractive financing options from the comfort and safety of their homes via ‘Click to Drive’, an end-to-end online sales platform by Tata Motors.

#Stayhomestaysafe
Regards
Akash

I am interested to get steering leather wrap done. There might be some pros and cons. Definitely, would look great. Cons: maybe would be comfortable during summer? Any grip issues? Any feedback on these areas?

Has anybody got steering leather wrap done in Bangalore? I do see wrap available on Amazon and you can DIY even stitching. Some do they claim about grip aspect or anti slip aspect. Really works? Anybody tried or heard anything?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am interested to get steering leather wrap done. There might be some pros and cons. Definitely, would look great. Cons: maybe would be comfortable during summer? Any grip issues? Any feedback on these areas?

Has anybody got steering leather wrap done in Bangalore? I do see wrap available on Amazon and you can DIY even stitching. Some do they claim about grip aspect or anti slip aspect. Really works? Anybody tried or heard anything?
Bro..I got the steering wrapped / stitched for my Nexon in Delhi. Stitching took a lot of time. Chose the Black Color with Black Stitches. The grip becomes firmer which is good and since it is mid of summers in Delhi, I actually did not have an issue so far. The total cost was 800/- and the person did a very decent job at that.

Regards
Akash

I am unable to make calls when connected to Android auto. I press call button and say call someone. It says (something like): "Please sync your contact or allow phone book...". I have check sync setting, android auto setting or access level on phone and even clear android auto cache but issue persist however I can make calls manually and able to receive calls.

This had worked earlier with older infotainment and my older phone. My current phone is One Plus Nord. Any idea on how to fix this or need to post this query on some technical forum? :-)

Top Bottom