Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

I booked Nexon (P) XZ+ (Foliage Green) a week ago in Bangalore. I had few other short-listed cars but Nexon ticked everywhere in terms of Safety, Built Quality, Interior, Rear seat comfort for 3 & my budget. This is going to be my first car (haven't drive any car yet) and I didn't visit any other car manufacturer's showroom. Other contenders were (top model or one below top model):

1. XUV 300
2. Magnite & Kick
3. S-Cross
4. WRV- No headrest!

Last two, looses out on too old in terms of interiors. XUV 300 & Kick are superb yet can't stretch my budget.

I called Kropex, Bangalore Sale lead if he can send test drive vehicle to my home but he mentioned, sending vehicle on week-end is not possible. I need to visit showroom. So I decided to visit showroom. At reception, I said, "I am interested in Nexon". She replied, "did you speak/call to anybody"? I said, "is it necessary to call someone before visit?" She said, No! A sale person approached us and asked which variant I am interested in. He pointed us toward vehicle which was XZ+ (0) and said, you won't get sunroof, cruise-control &.blahh.. in XZ+ (from quite distance) [roll] That's it!! Nothing else was mentioned. No listing of features, Not telling us anything extra. Didn't bother to tell us to have a look or even seat inside. Just nothing. [frustration]

When I asked for test-drive, he said no, can't be arrange today as vehicle is at Kropex Dairy Circle showroom. He didn't even buzz when I told I spoke to sale lead and asked me to visit showroom. Finally, I called Sale lead then he spoke to sale person. Finally, he said please wait.. test drive will be arranged. Great! Even during this time-frame of 30min or so, he didn't care to explained features or even explained us on-road price. I have to follow-up.. Oh come on!

It was short test drive though he mentioned he can send vehicle to my home. I didn't request as I know Nexon is proven car and I am not much inclined towards any other car as much as Nexon

Lousy attitude towards, not eager to sale. Definitely, if I wasn't aware of car's features or have any other car coming close to Nexon, I would have definitely walked-away!

Isn't HSRP plates mandatory in Bangalore? Looks like, showroom not providing it by-default. It's part of additional pack of Rs2290 which includes floor mats, mud flaps, idol and perfume. Any idea if I can debate to get it HSRP only (with applicable cost) ?

Lousy attitude towards, not eager to sale. Definitely, if I wasn't aware of car's features or have any other car coming close to Nexon, I would have definitely walked-away!
Certainly this lousy attitude of Tata showroom staff needs to be changed. Even I've experienced the same to some extent during my TDs of Nexon and Tigor. The current gen vehicles of TML are excellent (Particularly Nexon and Altroz) and even the upcoming ones are very promising but the attitude of the staff needs to be changed in order to attract more sales. Even the servicing stuff too. This has been a complaint from many of the Tata customers since long. [thumbsdown]

Hope you will have a fuss-free delivery experience of this excellent car. Congrats on your booking! [:)]

I booked Nexon (P) XZ+ (Foliage Green) a week ago in Bangalore. I had few other short-listed cars but Nexon ticked everywhere in terms of Safety, Built Quality, Interior, Rear seat comfort for 3 & my budget. This is going to be my first car (haven't drive any car yet) and I didn't visit any other car manufacturer's showroom. Other contenders were (top model or one below top model):

1. XUV 300
2. Magnite & Kick
3. S-Cross
4. WRV- No headrest!

Last two, looses out on too old in terms of interiors. XUV 300 & Kick are superb yet can't stretch my budget.

I called Kropex, Bangalore Sale lead if he can send test drive vehicle to my home but he mentioned, sending vehicle on week-end is not possible. I need to visit showroom. So I decided to visit showroom. At reception, I said, "I am interested in Nexon". She replied, "did you speak/call to anybody"? I said, "is it necessary to call someone before visit?" She said, No! A sale person approached us and asked which variant I am interested in. He pointed us toward vehicle which was XZ+ (0) and said, you won't get sunroof, cruise-control &.blahh.. in XZ+ (from quite distance) [roll] That's it!! Nothing else was mentioned. No listing of features, Not telling us anything extra. Didn't bother to tell us to have a look or even seat inside. Just nothing. [frustration]

When I asked for test-drive, he said no, can't be arrange today as vehicle is at Kropex Dairy Circle showroom. He didn't even buzz when I told I spoke to sale lead and asked me to visit showroom. Finally, I called Sale lead then he spoke to sale person. Finally, he said please wait.. test drive will be arranged. Great! Even during this time-frame of 30min or so, he didn't care to explained features or even explained us on-road price. I have to follow-up.. Oh come on!

It was short test drive though he mentioned he can send vehicle to my home. I didn't request as I know Nexon is proven car and I am not much inclined towards any other car as much as Nexon

Isn't HSRP plates mandatory in Bangalore? Looks like, showroom not providing it by-default. It's part of additional pack of Rs2290 which includes floor mats, mud flaps, idol and perfume. Any idea if I can debate to get it HSRP only (with applicable cost) ?
Hope you have taken a detailed breakup of the vehicle from the showroom on an official quotation Paper, even better on mail, in that it chould be clearly mentioned, what all things are they charging for and if HSRP plate is included or not, if not then ask them to provide a very detailed breakup. If they are avoiding to do so give them an earful and let them know that they are not the only dealers. Also go with the Addon items and accessories if you are confortable with it, and if you find them overcharged just ask them to remove it, get the accessories from outside. Believe me the mats that tata provide are useless.

On the contrary when I was purchasing my Tigor here in Navi Mumbai, I had a butter smooth experience during purchase, so yes the tata sales and service although Improved a lot is yet tad inconsistent.

And as far as reviews are coming in, on buying experience from owners, it can be seen that there is a typical trend of overconfidance and arrogance setting into the Tata Showrooms post good market response, this is really bad Tata, train your staff!

Hope you have taken a detailed breakup of the vehicle from the showroom on an official quotation Paper, even better on mail, in that it chould be clearly mentioned, what all things are they charging for and if HSRP plate is included or not, if not then ask them to provide a very detailed breakup. If they are avoiding to do so give them an earful and let them know that they are not the only dealers. Also go with the Addon items and accessories if you are confortable with it, and if you find them overcharged just ask them to remove it, get the accessories from outside. Believe me the mats that tata provide are useless.
Yes, I have the complete break-up. HSRP not included. I have to opt for Rs2290 pack to get HSRP however, I clearly told I am not opting unless you provide what kind of mat I am getting. Per them, 8-10 weeks is waiting period. I am thinking to speak to sale lead in few weeks on this; citing circular released in newspaper so they provide HSRP even at applicable cost.

That is indeed very sad state of affairs. For me while i was going for my safari storme i had an entirely different experience. The sales guy was patient enough to get car for 2 test drives, explaining features in details and loved the way he handled my case. this was 7 years ago. later on after 3 monthsinto my ownership i heard he had left for different job. So i guess lot of poaching happening for good guys.
Coming back to your point. Dont let this sour experience ruin your new car ownership.
More than the sales guy its the After sales or Service advisor who needs to be your better friend if i may say so. Try relationship building with your service advisor and service center. That would help you in the long run.

Wow. That's really fast! I booked XZ+ on Nov 29th in Bangalore and still waiting even for allotment. I was given 8-10 weeks waiting period. I am in 8th week now. SA have no clarity.
Even I was given 8 weeks time, but I got call after 4 weeks that my vehicle has been billed to the dealer by Tata Motors and will arrive soon.

1. XUV 300
2. Magnite & Kick
3. S-Cross
4. WRV- No headrest!

So my booking has entered into 9th week and absolute no sign of allotment yet. SA is clueless and no idea how long it would take more. I changed colour option to White instead Green. Per SA, there won't be change to waiting period due to this change.

I reached out to Tata Motors on social media. I had received email from TSM South few weeks ago. His response is just typical and awarded 1 Year additional OE Warranty and 1 year free road side assistance BUT no dates yet!! I am getting anxious now.

Last edited:
There is a huge demand and waiting period is simply soaring. Maybe semiconductor shortage is causing a hamper in production causing further delays.

Even Mahindra shifted the Thars to the dealer yards without touchscreen infotainment for the same reason.

So my booking has entered into 9th week and absolute no sign of allotment yet. SA is clueless and no idea how long it would take more. I changed colour option to White instead Green. Per SA, there won't be change to waiting period due to this change.

I reached out to Tata Motors on social media. I had received email from TSM South few weeks ago. His response is just typical and awarded 1 Year additional OE Warranty and 1 year free road side assistance BUT no dates yet!! I am getting anxious now.
I got from dealer that vehicle is billed. As I am not going thru finance he asked me to pay around Rs6L. I am quite hesitate and did mention that wait till I am done PDI. Even VIN number is not shared to me yet though he said will have by tomorrow. He said paying later would take time. He insist to pay some money ranging from 6 to 9L. He would share invoice etc. What should I do? Is this the process?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
If he has already billed then why he delaying to provide you the VIN. Also, tell him that they should send the car for Registration only after you do the PDI and confirm all okay.!

If he has already billed then why he delaying to provide you the VIN. Also, tell him that they should send the car for Registration only after you do the PDI and confirm all okay.!
I got the VIN number and other details. Is there any way to double check VIN thru engine or chassis number?

Top Bottom