Tata Nexon EV: New Whizkid From Tata Motors

Whats up with Nexon Electric? There was huge fanfare at the launch of NexonEV, similar with MG ZS EV. MG went on with divulging the booking numbers, but till date not a single EV seen on Indian Roads, No delivery pics, no Tweets, not reports on car Websites. Are these OEMs selling the cars or no? Why such a delay in deliveries?

Whats up with Nexon Electric? There was huge fanfare at the launch of NexonEV, similar with MG ZS EV. MG went on with divulging the booking numbers, but till date not a single EV seen on Indian Roads, No delivery pics, no Tweets, not reports on car Websites. Are these OEMs selling the cars or no? Why such a delay in deliveries?
I just came after interacting with a prominent Tata dealership in Chennai, the senior sales person says they are receiving upto 2 bookings per day and already the bookings have crossed over twenty cars in their dealership alone. I think if those numbers are true, Tata has hit the sweet spot in terms of pricing. Considering the tax sops, purely as a second or city car, it is making lot of sense for business houses and other buyer's with good disposable income.

Thread Starter #64

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon Electric deliveries start in Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangalore

tata-nexon-electric-ahmedabad-bangalore-chennai-4.jpg

As India and rest of the world learn to live with the highly contagious corona virus, Tata Motors has resumed deliveries of its Nexon EV in select cities. Authorized showrooms in designated green zones are operational under regulatory permissions from local authorities and are taking required precautions.

The company revealed that the customers who have booked the Tata Nexon EV in Chennai, Ahmadabad and Bangalore are receiving their vehicles based on booking priority. Tata Motors has also stated that they will soon restart deliveries of the Nexon Electric in many other major cities of the country.

The Tata electric SUV is available in three variants with the prices ranging from INR 13.99 lakh to INR 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom). The company is gearing up to launch an array of electric models including the Altroz EV which is likely to share its powertrain with the crossover.

Read:

Thread Starter #66

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nexon EV Real World Driving Performance & Range test: Highway Speeds BEFORE SOFTWARE UPDATE

The Review is from Northway Motorsport Pune and trip covered was from Pune to Lonavala.

Thread Starter #67

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon EV Range Improved and Fast Charging Issue Resolved by Tata firmware Update!

Video credit: Northway Motorsport, Pune

350Z

Core Team
Tata Nexon EV is now available on a limited-period subscription scheme till 30th November 2020.

The Electrifying Subscription Offer_Nexon EV.png

Press Release:
With the festive season kicking in, Tata Motors today announced a special ‘Electrifying Subscription’ offer on the Tata Nexon EV, for a limited-period, till November 30, 2020. Available for the first 100 subscribers only, this attractive offer allows customer to avail India’s best-selling electric SUV at an all-inclusive fixed rental starting at just Rs. 34,900/- per month, without the hassles of traditional vehicle ownership such as road tax and registration, insurance renewals, servicing and maintenance. Discerning customers can select the tenure of their subscription from a minimum period of 12 months to 24 and 36 months. This service is being offered in 5 major cities - Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.

Offered in partnership with Orix Auto, this subscription package includes comprehensive insurance coverage, on-call 24x7 roadside assistance plus free maintenance with periodic servicing and doorstep delivery. Moreover, customers will also get a complimentary personal EV charger that can be installed at their home or office, as deemed convenient. The facility can be easily accessed online with end-to-end support available. Following the tenure of their subscription, customers can either choose to extend it or just return the vehicle.

Announcing this lucrative offer, Mr. Pankaj Jhunja, Head- Mobility Services, Tata Motors said, “We at Tata Motors are continuously striving to offer exciting propositions that are smarter, affordable and convenient, for those who desire to experience driving smooth, silent and green Nexon EV. Our new ‘Electrifying Subscription’ offer is designed with an aim to make EVs even more accessible to a rapidly growing base of future conscious citizens. It is ideal for customers preferring ‘usership’ over ownership amidst the rapidly growing phenomenon of shared economy.”

This offer is customised and perfectly suited for corporates who prefer to lease, individuals with frequent inter-city job transfers, and expatriates who stay for a fixed tenure, among others. To subscribe for this new ‘Electrifying Subscription’ offer, please visit Tata Nexon EV - India's Own Electric Compact SUV Powered by Ziptron
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #69

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon EV Clocks 2,000 Sales Milestone In Just Over 10 Months

FireShot Capture 098 - Tata Nexon EV Clocks 2,000 Sales Milestone In Just Over 10 Months_ - ww...png

The EV revolution has been gradually picking up in India of late. In the recent times we have seen mainstream carmakers like Hyundai, MG and Tata Motors coming up with electric vehicles and few more in the development stage. But these models are not just technology demonstrators anymore. In just over 10 months since its launch, Tata Motors has sold about 2,200 units of the Nexon EV. In fact what's impressive is that the Tata Nexon EV had clocked 1,000 units' sales milestone in August this year and the next 1,000 units were sold in just three months, making it the bestselling electric car in India. The sales of Nexon EV also aided Tata in attracting 74 per cent of the market share.

Read

Wow! 1000 cars in last 3 months, that like 333 cars a month, this beats the monthly output of even some ICE cars in India. If only there was a better & reliable charging infrastructure, therewould be atleast 1000 takers every month for Nexon EV. Guess what, people in tier 3 towns like Solapur and Sangli are talking and curious about Nexon EV, its just the charging Infrastructure that is keeping them away. Let alone cities, My native village which is far away from any urban influence has people talking about Nexon EV, people there are affording and crazily buying Cretas and Seltos, so money is not a matter for many.

Anyways I am still optimistic that Tata will have that Tesla moment in India in few years[:D].

deville_56

Honoured Member
Recently, I have seen a boom in the number of Nexon EV in my locality. I stay in Kharghar Navi Mumbai, and today itself I spotted 4 different Nexon EVs, 2 brand new with ribbons on door handle and 2 relatively older ones all locally registered. Nexon at aroud 16 lakh on road is coming up as a unique proposition, also in the circles of the society owning an EV is comming up as a new Bling factor in status. I am also surprised to see few Nexon EVs doing runs on Mumbai Pune Expressway during my frequent drives to and fro Pune. I know many people in my circle who own and drive cars like Honda City, Creta etc, just for city use and a few lonavala alibaug getaways, for rest long outstation journeys they hire an Innova along with a driver. Now to these people Nexon EV starts making more sense u see. Provide just One reliable charging point on either side between Mumbai Pune Expressway and just see the rise in number of Nexon and other EVs. While there is a charging port available on Mumbai Pune Expressway after Talegaon Toll, near MC Donalds food mall, it is not in a functional mode whenever I visit.

Thread Starter #75

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nexon EV Mileage Drive - India's First ever official Nexon EV mileage rally

Tata motors and adishakti cars in Bangalore had organised an official nexon EV mileage rally starting from the showroom to nandi hills and in this video, you can get to know how nexon EV performed and also get to know what the real world user has to tell about the vehicle.

Top Bottom