-- Wearable key

XZ+ Lux
All the features of XZ+ as well as
-- Automatic headlamps
-- Sunroof
-- Premium leatherette seats
-- Automatic rain-sensing wipers

Read:

Exclusive news on the features and equipment on the Facelift 2020 BS6 Nexon!
ESP, TCS, Hill hold, Roll over Mitigation, Brake prefill, Brake disc wiping, Projector lamps, LED DRLs standard apart from dual airbags, ABS 9.3 and isofix.
It's gonna be a mini Harrier/Land Rover!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon EV to launch by end-January

Resizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200110043952_Tata-Nexon-EV-1.jpg

Sources in the know inform us that the price announcement for Tata’s first e-SUV is likely to take place on January 28, 2020. The EV also previews the facelift for the regular Nexon compact SUV, which is slated to launch in the coming weeks.

The Nexon EV will be launched in three variants – XM, XZ+ and XZ+ LUX. The base Nexon EV XM will come with features like automatic climate control, two drive modes for the motor (Drive and Sport), keyless entry and push-button start. The XZ+ trim adds dual-tone colour options, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a rear camera, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The top-spec XZ+ LUX variant will come with a sunroof, leatherette seats, and automatic wipers and headlights.

The Nexon EV comes with fast-charging capability, and using a DC fast charger (compatible with CCS2) can take the battery from 0-80 percent charge in just one hour. However, using a standard 15A AC charger, it will take between 8-9hr to reach a full charge.

Read:

There is media drive that will be done between 16th to 19th Jan. Hopefully then we might have Reviews out my Monday. on Nexon EV.

Now there is discussion on Tata motors and Howcan I not Rant. So here is my small rant.
[Rant]
People are complaining that dealers are attributing 5 star safety to nexon EV and Also the facelift Nexon. this is wrong, and other Blah blah, but same people seem to blindly accept ANCAP 4 star/ 5 star rating for cars sold in India like Seltos and Hector? Why such double standards. Do you know that India specific cars are vastly different from ones which are exported? Foreign players easily get Benefit of doubt and local players esp, Tata even its their own car, they have to prove it over and over and over again. Inspire of 5 star safety with 2 airbags, absence of 6 air bags is a deal breaker. Wise people wake up, even with 2 air bags the car is bloody 5 star safe. You won't survive even with 50 airbags if car has an unstable body shell.
[\Rant]
Thanks for letting me rant out.

So, NexonEV media Drives have begun. so have ARAI range unveiled, Range of 312KM on full charge. I guess you should be getting range of 250+ KM on single charge under real driving conditions. that means one can go from Mumbai to Pune in a single charge or Delhi to Agra or to Chandigarh in single charge.

Every nexon would be given home charge which will charge to full in 8 hours. I guess fast charger should have been provided.

So latest news, Nexon EV to Launch on Jan 28, 2020.

Some more information on the Connected car features, Following Alerts will be sent by the car

Charge levels, Available Range, Charging History, Nearest Charging Station.
Remote Lock/unlock Car, Remote lamp control, Remote Horn,
Share Live Location, Plan trips with suggested charging locations
Pre Cool Car
Instant Crash notification, Emergency SOS, Panic Notifications
Remote immobilized cars via 24x7 Call Center.
Driver Behavior analytics: Score card, Harsh Braking, avg Speed, harsh acceleration

Car has dual Sim Option for ICE so you have have choice of Providers and not get stuck with Default providers as in case with Hector or Kia.

30 kW battery would give a range of 160-180 at the max in real life, but for better battery life it's not good to charge it fully or deplete. So a usable range of 140 km
And the battery life is 8 years, every year 1-2% reduction in battery capacity. Is it liveable with a car that runs 150km and takes one hour to run another 150km
And the biggest adopters of electric mobility might be three wheelers and two wheelers, even if the proposed charging stations come up you might have to wait with all the aurorikshaws and two wheelers charging, even if there are none of those charging these might become a problem if more people buy electric cars due to long charging time.
Ideally the battery should be 35 kW or up but that would cost a lot. This things are not cheap to run either because the battery will cost 4 Lakh plus to replace after 8 years.
Tata should make an electric harrier with 45 kW battery but I don't know if anyone will buy a 25 Lakh tata.

Thread Starter #39

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon EV certified with 312km range

r.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200117101331_Tata-Nexon-EV-connect.jpg

One of the most important new launches from Tata Motors’ vast stable will be the Nexon EV. Slated to see a price announcement later this month, the Nexon EV has been certified for a 312km range by ARAI. The company had earlier announced that the Nexon EV will have a range of around 300km. As far as performance figures go, the Nexon EV, according to Tata Motors, does the 0-60kph and 0-100kph sprints in 4.6sec and 9.9sec, respectively, making it one of the fastest Tata cars yet. The carmaker also claims a 50:50 front-rear weight distribution, which may also make the all-electric SUV an able handler.

Tata is also offering an 8-year/1,60,000km warranty on the Nexon EV's battery and motor as standard on all variants. The battery pack, which is the first of its kind to come out of Tata’s Ziptron EV tech, is AIS 048-compliant, which means it complies with safety tests concerning nail penetration, crushing, fire, overcharge, shock and short.

Read:

Thread Starter #40

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon electric 0-100 kmph acceleration video

Compared to the Tigor electric, Nexon electric will not only come with a bigger battery, more drive range, but will also come with what Tata calls ZIPTRON tech. Before we tell you more about this new tech and the car, take a look at the acceleration video of Tata Nexon electric from 0-100 kmph, credit to 91Wheels. 0-60 kmph is achieved in under 4 seconds while 0-100 kmph is achieved in under 10 seconds.

http://instagr.am/p/B7huPSPhAH8/
Read:

The Reviews are out, and almost everyone of them are raving about this car. Range speculated around 200KM Plus for the car. Which is really great. Saw the Zigwheels review where they tried to drain the battery inspire of doing torture tests and still managed around 180KM. So under normal driving one should get 200+ KM. For me, where I drive around 40KM in a day, I charge the car once a week.

Car really does 0-100 in 9.9 Sec, 0-60 in 4.5 Sec. Thats a phenomenal.

I was apprehensive about electric cars, but after seeing the reviews, feels like I want one.

Thread Starter #42

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon EV India Launch Details Out

9u510vc_tata-nexon-ev_625x300_21_January_20.jpg

Tata Motors is all set to launch the Nexon Electric car in India on January 28, 2020. This will not be the company's first outing in the EV space but the Nexon will debut the company's Ziptron technology. The company has already kick started pre-bookings at select dealerships from for an amount of ₹ 21,000. The Tata Nexon EV will certainly be costlier than its petrol/diesel siblings, so we expect it to be priced between ₹ 15 lakh- ₹ 17 lakh which will see it compete against the compact SUVs currently in the country.

The Tata Nexon EV uses a permanent magnet AC motor, which will be powered by a Lithium-Ion battery that is liquid-cooled and IP67 certified. This means the battery pack is both water and dust resistance. The Nexon EV uses a 30.2 kWh battery offering a maximum range of over 300 km on a single charge. The new electric powertrain in the Nexon EV puts out 245 Nm of peak torque, enough to clock triple digit speeds in 9.9 seconds.

eff2li38_tata-nexon-ev_625x300_21_January_20.jpg

Read:

Tata Nexon electric 0-100 kmph acceleration video

Compared to the Tigor electric, Nexon electric will not only come with a bigger battery, more drive range, but will also come with what Tata calls ZIPTRON tech. Before we tell you more about this new tech and the car, take a look at the acceleration video of Tata Nexon electric from 0-100 kmph, credit to 91Wheels. 0-60 kmph is achieved in under 4 seconds while 0-100 kmph is achieved in under 10 seconds.

http://instagr.am/p/B7huPSPhAH8/
Read:
The best quote I heard and that hit me, was from Faisal Khan from Motor beam, Basically he was completely overawed with Nexon's bad ass, pickup. he has literally abused that car no limit. and flooring the accelerator pedal like he was on race track. The car responded brilliantly. He quote " the Speed indicator needle is moving like the RPM needle"

I have done a test drive of Nexon EV at GIP Mall Noida today.

I already own a Nexon petrol XZA+. Here are some observations from my test drive of about 10 Kms on the Greater Noida expressway:
  1. The variant I drove was XZ+ (one above the base model). It comes with leather wrapped steering wheel and alloy wheels.
  2. It is super silent to drive. If AC or blower is on, that is the only sound you hear inside the cabin
  3. The car has a max speed of 130 Km/h. Flooring the accelerator does not speed it up further, even though the odometer shows a range till 160 Km. The Max speed is limited by Tata Motors. There is no such limit in petrol/ diesel Nexon.
  4. The drive mode selector (N, D, S, R) does does go full circle, and after you reach the last mode you have to rotate in the opposite direction to select the desired mode. This is quite counter-intuitive and it takes a while to select the desired mode. Problematic when trying to manouver the car in traffic or while parking, with other cars waiting behind you.
  5. Sports (S) mode is quite powerful.
  6. It uses two coolant reservoirs, one for motor and another for battery
  7. Apart from the main battery that drives the motor, it still has a conventional car battery that powers the headlights, music system etc. I was a little surprised as to why should it have a regular car battery.
  8. The interiors are exactly same as the petrol of diesel Nexon.
  9. I was told on full charge it would give a real life range of about 240-260 km only and year on year the battery capacity is expected to decline by 2%
  10. I was also told the car can be serviced at home with the TML person visitng your home with a laptop. You only need to visit the service centre for wheel alignment or balancing.

The executives from TML were unable to explain all features of the car. The Phone app was also not available with them. When the car is formally launched on 28th Jan, the remaining information about the car is expected to be available. I intend to take another test drive when after the car is formally launched.

Top Bottom