Tata Nano XTA : The Roadrunner Comes Home...Beep Beep!!

Good that you selected Nano Wanderer ! It was my dream car, and it still is, but for my wife, who had a clear No No for this cute Nano since 2012, I went ahead with booking an EON, and then my dad upgraded the same booking to Santro, mesmerized by its high stance and a bigger car kind of notion.

Had waited for sometime, a year or so, I would have picked up Celerio AMT and if little longer, definitely a Nano XTA / XMA..... It's a pure VFM car.

Happy miles. Your mileage figures are really exciting. I remember a sales rep in one of the TATA showrooms saying an AMT Nano gives around 11 kmpl in city with AC, he's absolutely wrong there..

It should give anything nearing 18 kmpl with 100% AC and city traffic I guess, from your figures here.

All the Best.

Thread Starter #47
Brick bats invited!!!

Let me be honest here! I completely forgot about the this thread of mine and years just past by. Just today, I stumbled upon this thread again and quickly got the password reset done.
Well, well, well, That is that!

For the updates -
A lot of water has flown down the bridge and I have completed more than 25K KM on the odo. The car also celebrated its 5 year anniversary on 10th April!
The car has stood the test of time pretty well! ZERO niggling issues, or otherwise. Just NOTHING! It has been a pleasure driving this little wonder!

While the sun was shining (Read - unlock times, last couple of moths of 2020 and beginning of 2021), I took the car on a few long drives - Pune - Goa -Pune with friends.
This was once in a life time vacation!

Post that I took the car multiple times to Silvasa and back. Every time a solo drive!
Though this car is probably the 'unsafest' car out there, yet, trust me guys, Nano packs in a real punch. For its size, engine capacity and all the parameters, it is a pocket rocket!

The dream run is still on the back burner. I am just waiting for the right time! I wish to take this little wonder on a golden quadrilateral drive with my 10 year son in tow. That would be a dream come true for me in the real sense!!

As for the stats -
I am consistently getting around 18-19 KMPL on mix of city and highway drives.
Zero unwanted expenses. Just the regular service is all that the car demands.

After my last Pune - Silvasa - Pune non stop run, I noticed that the Air intake rubber pipe had blown off. Replaced it myself at home. Cost of the pipe was around Rs.248. Took this opportunity to also clean the throttle body. The spray can costed me around Rs.200.
I am able to notice a world of difference in the NVH levels and smoothness after the above two DIY tasks!

Want to end this update with a silent prayer for everyone to be safe. Hope we overcome these extreme times soon and life once again gets back to routine.

Top Bottom