Tata Nano XTA : The Roadrunner Comes Home...Beep Beep!!

For a past couple of days I am noticing a intermittent tick tick sound coming from somewhere in the driver side foot control area. It is similar to A.C compressor switching on and off. However, I am not able to make out what exactly is it? Has anyone else noticed this sound?
Congratulations for New car [clap]
Yes, i also notice this sound, its cumming from driver side area of dashboard somewhere near to location of fuse box. It only come when AC is on. i will ask TASS about this when i drop car for servicing next month.

Last edited:
Hi congrats for you for your new car. I have brought one in January 2016 for wife pink colour. But more then my wife me and my brother are driving it , nano XTA is best car for Bangalore traffic. Since Nano came there is this fight going between my son and daughter for name giving name to Nano son wants to call her(nano) BABY JAGUAR because it's from Tata/jaguar family. Daughter wants to call it PINK PANTHER. What you guys suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi congrats for you for your new car. I have brought one in January 2016 for wife pink colour. But more then my wife me and my brother are driving it , nano XTA is best car for Bangalore traffic. Since Nano came there is this fight going between my son and daughter for name giving name to Nano son wants to call her(nano) BABY JAGUAR because it's from Tata/jaguar family. Daughter wants to call it PINK PANTHER. What u guys suggest.
I would suggest Dora as the color reminds me of the kids cartoon show character Dora.

Hi congrats for you for your new car. I have brought one in January 2016 for wife pink colour. But more then my wife me and my brother are driving it , nano XTA is best car for Bangalore traffic. Since Nano came there is this fight going between my son and daughter for name giving name to Nano son wants to call her(nano) BABY JAGUAR because it's from Tata/jaguar family. Daughter wants to call it PINK PANTHER. What u guys suggest.
my name suggestion, satisfies both..

BABY PINK PANGUAR

Thread Starter #22
congrats on the road runner!.
it's a cute lil name & cute lil car!
the Interiors are simply top notch. I Really didn't expect biscuit/walnut combo in nano!. the seat covers are also fantastic.
Thank you! White and Silver, I believe, come in biscuit/walnut combo, while the other brighter colors have black in place of biscuit color.

I too like the walnut/biscuit combo more than the other one. This was also one of the reasons for getting a white car!

Let me first congratulate you on your purchase of this lovely car. The seat covers look good & hope you & your family have a many more miles with this cute looking wanderer.
Thank you! The seat covers though are or good quality by Nano standards; however, I wish the fitting was done more professionally. Nothing to complain about specifically, just that it could have been better.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new TATA Nano. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thank you!

Congratulations for New car [clap]
Yes, i also notice this sound, its cumming from driver side area of dashboard somewhere near to location of fuse box. It only come when AC is on. i will ask TASS about this when i drop car for servicing next month.
Yes, I too plan to speak to the adviser about the noise. Will report once I have some inputs from him.

Congrats! The car surely is addictive and its difficult to stay away from it once you start enjoying its drive!

Congrats on your new nano. The car is looking very good.
The seat covers are looking good.
Happy & trouble free many miles ahead.
Thank you! I wish the same! :)

Well, first of all sorry for not being able to post any updates for a couple of weeks. Work pressure and some unforseen tasks at home kept me a little busy. Nevertheless, Nano has been clocking kilometers and has had a couple of re-fills.

Odo now stands at around 650 KM. Below are the fill-up details:

04/04/2016:
start KM: 23
Total cost: 1570/-
Quantity: 24.33L

13/04/2016:
Start KM: 299
Total Cost: 1012.28
Quantity: 15.54L
Average: 17.76

25/04/2016:
Start KM: 561
Total Cost: 1030.42
Quantity: 16.0L
Average: 16.37

Am I happy? Of course I am!!
Father has been taking the car out almost every morning and is thoroughly enjoying it. Wife is yet to stat driving independently. I am unable to spare sometime to go along with her. Will try it over this weekend.

Updates about my driving impressions so far:

- The steering active return feature is makes it presence felt once 40 KMPH is crossed at least once in the entire drive. Before this, though the active return is not enabled, yet there is no issue without it.

- Sometimes, when the speed has to be shed sooner than normal, I hear a distinct 'dhup' sound from the gear box. Feels as if it has fallen down :P
On the initial 1 or 2 instances, I got real nervous, however, when the car kept rolling as normal, I was fine.
The sound normally is heard when the car comes down from 3rd to 2nd gear.

- I had been to Diveagar with family in my Ecosport over a weekend. There I found a Pune registered XTA with 5 people and I was mighty impressed and happy that the Nano could make it there without any issues. The biggest thing : It was driven by a lady and during a small talk she mentioned that the car performed well during the entire drive from Pune to Diveagar!
My next outstation trip companion is going to be Nano for sure. Would like to
experience it first hand how it performs on a longish drive.

- Can the headlights of Nano be adjusted? I feel the dipper is too low in my car. Would like to up it a wee bit. Suggestions are welcome!

Issues faced so far:

- The paint has chipped off from a couple of places. The way paint chips off from moist walls. Kind off similar to it.
This is something serious and I have already informed and shown the issue to Concorde guys.

- The bluetooth telephony has mind of it's own. Sometimes I am unable to hear the other person and vice versa. On other occasions it works absolutely fine. Have brought this to the notice of showroom guys and thankfully I was able to demonstrate the issue.

I have been committed that both the issues will be resolved during the first service.

This is on the driver side lower body. Notice that it might start rusting pretty soon.
IMG_20160416_094817.jpg

A smaller yet significant chip off, behind the front wheel arc:

IMG_20160416_094752.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. there is a screw to adjust the beam of headlight. user manual should Help you locate it.

2. the Paint appears to be very thick hence has dripped & peeled. it appears like a manufacturing defect.

- Can the headlights of Nano be adjusted? I feel the dipper is too low in my car. Would like to up it a wee bit. Suggestions are welcome!

Issues faced so far:

- The paint has chipped off from a couple of places. The way paint chips off from moist walls. Kind off similar to it.
This is something serious and I have already informed and shown the issue to Concorde guys.

-
I have been committed that both the issues will be resolved during the first service.

This is on the driver side lower body. Notice that it might start rusting pretty soon.
View attachment 200229

A smaller yet significant chip off, behind the front wheel arc:

View attachment 200230
I believe that there's no screw or so to adjust headlight in nano ! even i feel thet same ! it should be a wee bit higer. You can try inserting washers at the lower headlamp bolting point to raise it up ! you can ask tass to do this ! hope that they wont give any silly excuses to u [frustration].
and about the paint chip off ! i strongly advice you to get this rectified ASAP i had change an entire bonnet due to rust [anger]

Regarding the paint chip, highlight it to Concorde guys. They will do touch up there by spraying paint. They did mine FOC. Headlight adjustment is best left to TASS.

You can do long distance trip as well without any issues. I have done Pune-Goa-Pune trip without any issues with 3 onboard. People did ask me silly questions in my Goa trip once they saw a Pune passing vehicle in Goa. [:D]

Took nano for long drive of 400kms everything is fine but I felt distance was long as I normally I drive safari pajero e250 might be that is the reason

Hi guys! This is my first post on this forum. Got my Genx nano XT delivered. I'm really excited to own this little beauty. I'm a bit disappointed with the music output though. Could you please suggest some subwoofer etc.? Thanks.
Congrats on your Nano, and welcome to TAI, what was the price breakup?. why did you not opt for the XTA?

Regards

Vinod

Congrats on your Nano, and welcome to TAI, what was the price breakup?. why did you not opt for the XTA?

Regards

Vinod
Thanks Mr. Vinod. My decision to opt fot XT was driven by the fact that my father and sister will be learning to drive on this vehicle, and I want them to learn manual gear shifting, since all our other cars are MTs. Also, MT is peppier than AMT, and I don't have to face much b2b traffic here. Regarding the price break up:
Ex showroom - ₹ 270000*
RTO ins - ₹ 48000*
Discount - ₹ 30,500
AMC - ₹ 11000*
*Round figure
Exact On road price (including a few accessories like side beading and mud flaps) was ₹ 2,99,940.

Top Bottom