Tata Nano Ride Quality

+1 to Xover. A Nano can do 100+ speeds but with those puny tyres and lack of ABS it's better to keep things under control.

I saw a video comparing all Indian hatchbacks for evasive manoeuvres and sudden braking. Nano failed miserably highlighting the fact that Nano is not meant for high speeds.

Thread Starter #17
Hi All,

It was miserable week and i crossed almost all things.. i believe it...

With out NANO self and family will be suffered highly. Unplanned sudden trips to madurai happened and NANO gives healthy support all the way...

hi All,

The body roll was almost gone in MY NANO after i had upgraded the cushion level.

I had made a test drive with cushions with my nano and the body roll was almost gone...

Cushion details

Cushion level - 2 inch for bottom and 1 inch for backsupport...Density - 40..

Definitely you can feel significant improve while sit backside and front side...

Seems the headroom height was reduced after applied 2 inch cushion in my sheet and the effect is present due to this.
Hi Sami,

Can you please let know the address for the cushioning, also how much it costed for you. Right now iam staying in madipakkam, also is it possible to share your number, there is a issue in my nano where rear side is wobbling, when i taken to the tafe reach they said it is normal in tata nano as you are experienced in the longer drives in nano iam expecting your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
My self also getting the same 27+, went to thiruvanamalai from chennai with full tank, still 3 scoups left after reaching thiruvanamalai
Welcome to the forum, nice to see so many Nano owner's becoming part of our forum, You owe us an ownership report of your ride buddy[:)]

I bought a Nano 2012 model recently. I liked its handling, high riding position, easy ingress and over and above the space very much. However, I was feeling that the tyre noise is a bit high when you move through not-so-smooth roads. Can some one tell me if this is normal in a Nano?

I bought a Nano 2012 model recently. I liked its handling, high riding position, easy ingress and over and above the space very much. However, I was feeling that the tyre noise is a bit high when you move through not-so-smooth roads. Can some one tell me if this is normal in a Nano?
hi, welcome to the forum. the tyre noise is normal and it due to the tyre. BTW your tyres are JK or MRF?

Hi saishibu38380,

Thanks for the reply. Tyres are from MRF. Dealer was telling me that they have no option of changing them (citing that it is under warranty); also when I was buying some one told me that MRF tyres are ok. I read in some forum that JK tyres are better. Is that so?

Hi saishibu38380,

Thanks for the reply. Tyres are from MRF. Dealer was telling me that they have no option of changing them (citing that it is under warranty); also when I was buying some one told me that MRF tyres are ok. I read in some forum that JK tyres are better. Is that so?
ah, not sure about JK. i had MRF . now changed all four to bridgestone and now no road noise.

Hahaha... I seldom get above 15 Kmpl with AC ON all the time. Heck! What not I have done? I drive it so sanely, sedately and still get awarded with low figures.

dont worry let all 3 service get over. i guess you maintain the correct speed and gear shift given on the windscreen.
Thanks, I too hope that the mileage improves. Yes, I do maintain mileage friendly gear + speed, you could say that as I get 18+ Kmpl on my Safari on highways.

Top Bottom