Tata Nano Quick Test Drive

Thread Starter #1
Nano , nano... nano ..
nano applications are available in bank.

Is it available only in sbi , oh i have account in indian bank and icici only . how can i get that?

how to buy a nano without td.

Will i get them soon , if i pay a full cash.

its the world cheapest car.

nano is made for Europe too.

nano meets safety standards.

my nano is allotted on june 11 , what about yours?

Is nano drivable for more than 300kms?

Hope these were the common thing we could hear some 400 odd days back.

Now nano is avalable , and delivered just in 10 days max - and just a single day if the required colour is available.

The one is this test is car bough just 13 months ago .

this is the basic of basic nano.

The rear 1L car.
the on road was 134500/- 13 months back. ac version was 30000/- extra.

Now the drive.

The keys itself mention , that i have a cheap plastic inside!
open up the door and there is load of space to welcome you.

the driver seat is high commanding position , even upto a scorpio level.
only the driver seat can be moved front and back and the back rest cant be adjusted , - i normally drive in slant position , but this on is just beyond the 90 degree.

the basic one has very normal seat

put in the key and turn the ignition , there is minimal light glow with a check engine signal .

crank the engine and the 2 cylinder comes into life.
noise is minimal inside than what you hear outside.

hand search for ac knobs - where are they?

slot into first gear , gear is err like a toy , slot in without a feel and ther your car moves.
suffer from torque(low end) so , we need to give them , else it will switch off. kinda like a diesel laura?

the nano pulls great , may be due to its rear wheel drive?
you will miss the power steering , but that is not a issue.
the steering wheel is too small. for a non power steering like this i feel the steering must be big enough.

As people mention it - 4 wheel auto , it behaves the same ,
we can drive like a maniac in the city , quick gear change and steering handling experiance , one can turn nano into a head turner.

There is no need of free flow exhaust or muffler end to call up people , the engine noise itself will do that.

driving is good in this car , you are to be surprised for this price.
it has pretty good suspension , run over a rough road and you feel lowest jerks , better than a omni

the seats are uncomfortable for a very long trip , even a 1 hr trip continuously.

the doors open up wide and entry and exit is superb.

cost cutting ! but you can find relatively good things in this car . forget the cheap plastics all over.

the car has good amount of power , yeah it never fails to amuse you , i tried some drifiting and wow , it worked so well ,
was traveling at some 50 and approach a big bend , swiftly slot from 4 to 2 and full throttle - with in myself , what a nano can do , so i was in full throttle.
woah , it drifted , it drifted like any car and i was in much fun

And the top speed - how can you miss the top speed test?
the top speed was it crossed 105 mark and was quite hmm stable for its size and width . stable in the sense not like a lancer or ikon or city or hmm any car for that matter
it almost touched the 110 mark , though the pedal went further there was no improvement in speed and the check engine light blinks , warning us not to overspeed.
over took a MLA innova in the speed test and he in turn raced with me ! hehe racing with kids ! idiotic MLA

Hope the service and spare bills are also low in this case , the rear view mirror on right side broke and it was replace for just 110/- at the TATA A S S

Entry and exit is easy on all side and can fit 3 person in rear seat , if they are moderate in size .

and there is plenty of space in dashboard , but no glove box . the area behind glove box is just empty , the dash board is flexible , at least for us , we almost turn the glove box area [evil]

since the dash was so big , i think we can fix a small kid if you run out of space, refer the picture how we did.

Top end version has glove box , fog lights , ac etc .

the A pillar is massive and in the base version you will miss the plastic cladding in the A and B pillar. Though there are holes to fix them as after market , they are not required , as a matter of fact they add only to look , it may bother some dark colored car ,but not to the one in this test drive.

The fuel efficiency is about 22 to 25kmpl of petrol mostly in city run , you reach 4th gear quick - so is that called high way run?

the fuel gauge is digital!!

Nano basic version is worth for the money.
this is a car with one year on road and 2300 on odometer

Attachments

Wow ilango that was super excellent . I can read and read and read onand on and on. very much glad to see one more nano admirer.

kudos

Last edited:
Good report Ilango , There is no denying that Nano is the VFM car around , we get for what we pay! Nano can be a very good city commuter. But top-speed 105kmph , unbelievable![surprise] I thought the Nano could not do more than 80kmph!

Wish TATA had made the Nano more reliable , those fire accidents will hurt the sales of Nano!

And BTW why TD of Nano? Planning to replace Lancer with Nano?[;)]

Thread Starter #5
Good report Ilango , There is no denying that Nano is the VFM car around , we get for what we pay! Nano can be a very good city commuter. But top-speed 105kmph , unbelievable![surprise] I thought the Nano could not do more than 80kmph!

Wish TATA had made the Nano more reliable , those fire accidents will hurt the sales of Nano!

And BTW why TD of Nano? Planning to replace Lancer with Nano?[;)]
nano owned by mech's brother!
he works in aurovil and car runs there 98%.
it came for its 3rd or 4th free service from tata.
so did a td

replace lancer with nano!!!!![frustration][frustration]

dhyaya, ilango is right i have followed nano at 1ookmph on highway in my vista and we were stunned ,that said people using nano are all happy with it even with the way it accelerates ,it is quick enough.only fact shadowing its presence is terrible past of tata.
two of my friends own it and are mentioning about excellent service support from tata for nano. we investigated the root cause of fire issue probably because the electrical wirings and connecters near fuel line. hope it will be rectified once and forever by tata.

well those fire incidents surely have put tata on backfoot for a while but have heard that those things have been taken care off and those few faulty parts have been replaced as well as vendors are being changed for few of them as well.No more fire catching have been reported after then.Hope it continues to do so and owners enjoy NANO.

Nice Report Ilango!!

But nobody is going to forget the fire incidents of Nano & unneccesary media hypes.

But here is an interesting piece of information for few if you haven't come across it.

Mercedes sold 521 units in last month where as Nano was competing strongly with 509 units [lol]

a nicely formed TD report. Kudos ilango!

I too was fortunate enough to TD a Nano when they had it showcased at my office.

The one which i drove was LX. The topend version with air con & Power windows.

1) Spacious & can comfortably seat 5 people.
2) The pulling power of the engine/pickup (considering a 600cc 2 cyl unit)
3) Simple fit and finish
4) Was indeed a pleasure driving it in traffic; handled almost like my bike and had no problem in moving through traffic.
5) 4yr/60,000km Tata warranty is a boon
6) Additional safety features in cars to prevent fire accidents/implementation of same features to already sold cars at free of cost

Dislikes:

1) Engine noise creates irritation/headache for rear passengers
2) According to me, there is no real need for top-end version with power steering/ body coloured bumpers. A person buyin a Nano would not look for all this I guess. Only 2 versions; one with and another without air-con should suffice.
3) Poor knowledge of sales persons on the car (when a colleague of mine asked reason for absence of power steering, the sales person said that, power steering would topple a car of this size)
4) recent 9000rs price hike.

Happy to see Tata taking steps to increase the car sales.

Would like to see more Nanos on the road[thumbsup]. Definitely a really good VFM car.

very well written TD report man and great pics also. best pic is of the kid on dash [:)] but nano looks very basic in white colour. just IMHO..

comprehensive review. Some days back, i had taken my friends Nano out for a spin. I could achieve max of 96-97 kmph. still not bad for a nano.

My friend owns one and he calims that 105kmph is the max you can achieve in a NANO, after which some indicator starts blinking.

However my dad is planning to buy a NANO Lx; our second car, after seeing those aggressive print and TV ads by TATA. Also, its a VFM car. Can fit 5adults comfortably than our DZire allows!

Anyways; My planning has already started hearing this news from my dad.[evil] Silver Colour; Dark Tints on all side; Embosed no. plate; Windtones; Tinted taillights; HIDs; Alloys and ICE with two woofers.:lol!:

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom