Tata Nano Price Hiked!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Like expected, Tata Motors has now hiked the prices of “cheapest” car Nano by Rs.6,000. The customers who were allotted the car last year will not be affected by the price increase but it is applicable for all those who are yet to book one or who were not allotted in the first year but opted to retain the bookings. Surely, This is the beginning, maybe the so called world’s “cheapest car”, sooner or later won’t remain cheapest any more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

yup. this was expected but did they tell why sudden increase in price? if they didnt then I know it!! 'increase of manufacturing costs'. [lol]

IMHO it is. you are forgetting the segment where nano's targetted to sell and for person which are below middle class..each penny counts.
Ooops! Maybe you are right. From our economic background, it doesn't look much to me, but for the common man, it might.

Ooops! Maybe you are right. From our economic background, it doesn't look much to me, but for the common man, it might.
we (or me) are not hi-fi. i didn't say common man but those who are willing to upgrade from a low bike to car like nano, this is considerable amount. tata's promise will only be promise if he sticks to the price of nano which was announced when launching. okay but maybe it is not possible for long time but atleast for some 3-4 years! and we are seeing hike in only about one year!!

we (or me) are not hi-fi. i didn't say common man but those who are willing to upgrade from a low bike to car like nano, this is considerable amount. tata's promise will only be promise if he sticks to the price of nano which was announced when launching. okay but maybe it is not possible for long time but atleast for some 3-4 years! and we are seeing hike in only about one year!!
Mr. Ratan Tata broke his promise long ago. The pricing was around Rs25k more than 1 lakh when the Nano was 1st launched.

AMG

Suspended
Why would anyone buy a nano when there are used cars going for as low as 20K?

Why would anyone buy a nano when there are used cars going for as low as 20K?
Yes. Lower maintenance, the joy of owning a brand new car, FE and peace of mind are necessary.

No wonder altos sell so much.

Besides, supply of used cars could be lesser than the demand.

Top Bottom