Tata Nano GenX Automatic: Test Drive

Thanks @Vishwas & @Rahul, for your comments.

AMT is a bit sluggish on normal mode, but becomes badmash in 'S' mode, did the TD with wife, and she found it more refined than the Redi-Go, which we TD'ed just before the XTA.

No stocks of XTA are available, and been assured delivery within week 10 days (by 2 dealers), what should I do, pay some advance? and how much?

We liked Red & Dazzle Blue colors, are any newer colors available.

Regards

Vinod

Re: Tata's New Car on Nano Platform: The Pelican

It still retains the 3 bolt wheel set up, and 13 inch wheels do fill the wheel arch well.

I'm picking up my Nano XTA this week, so the tyre upgrade to 13" should not pose a problem, (feeling gleeful).
This is superb news. While you were looking for the second hand car, I wished you went for new Nano XTA since it is much better looking car inside out.

What color have you chosen? Do start your nano thread with lots of pics.

Would suggest a few mods (of course budget will play a role)

1. Make roof black (3M vinyl wrap, glossy black)
2. Alloy wheels if possible
3. Leather finish seat covers

Last edited:

Thanks @vikyjoshi & @Rahul, have chosen blue or purple, let's see what is delivered.

Sure horn upgrade is a must, with stock horn even the rikshawala don't budge.

Will try the black roof wrap, also alloys with 13" (as many Kwids are on road) should be easily available with 3 lugs.

Seat cover dealer is throwing in.

Any other suggestions, will be appreciated.

Regards
Vinod

Thanks @vikyjoshi & @Rahul, have chosen blue or purple, let's see what is delivered.

Will try the black roof wrap, also alloys with 13" (as many Kwids are on road) should be easily available with 3 lugs.

Regards
Vinod
No you cannot use 13 inch wheels in the present Nano as it will definitely hit the wheel arch. Also when in full lock of steering the front tyre will rub with the suspension parts.
Moreover this will lead to warranty issues too.

Last edited:
No you cannot use 13 inch wheels in the present Nano as it will definitely hit the wheel arch. Also when in full lock of steering the front tyre will rub with the suspension parts.
Moreover this will lead to warranty issues too.
13" wheels with low profile tires or a combination like the original tire setup should not cause issues, if I recall Amitpakse a TAIger is using higher profile same size 12" on all 4 wheels since 2+ years on his Nano.

The only issue I forsee is the speedometer calibration.

I own a 2014 Wagon R vxi with oem 14" wheels, and my friend has a lxi with 13", my ride is more pliant.

I will surely do some research before the upgrade (aaj kal fursat mai hun), or take the final call after Pelican launch. Or retain the oem wheels, and swap before service (wicked naughty boy).

Thanks for your input @ksdr

Going to take delivery of my Dazzle Blue XTA in the evening.

PDI done, all ok, front tyre 05/16 and rear tyre 07/16 manufactured.

Regards
Vinod

Last edited by a moderator:

Regards
Vinod
I assume dealer is also providing free mud flaps and floor mat.
1) Take free AMC if possible. Platinum will be preferred. Else gold.
2) Remote boot
3) Car cover
4) Reverse camera with screen
5) Reverse sensor.

I assume dealer is also providing free mud flaps and floor mat.
1) Take free AMC if possible. Platinum will be preferred. Else gold.
2) Remote boot
3) Car cover
4) Reverse camera with screen
5) Reverse sensor.
Amc gold or platinum, how much is the price difference?
Remote boot, also the remote alarm? Is this doable
Getting 6 free accessories
Isn't the reverse camera enough? Do we still need the sensor, I checked online amazon.in 3.5 cam and sensor, do let me know @Rahul, what to buy.
Thanks

Amc gold or platinum, how much is the price difference?
Remote boot, also the remote alarm? Is this doable
Getting 6 free accessories
Isn't the reverse camera enough? Do we still need the sensor, I checked online amazon.in 3.5 cam and sensor, do let me know @Rahul, what to buy.
Thanks
The list I provided was if the dealer is providing it for free. :stupid:

Else:
1) Reverse camera is enough. If you are buying it online, just make sure the guy doesn't slice wires while installing it.
2) Gold AMC covers most of the wear and tear parts which aren't covered under warranty. Our friend Varun560061 got Platinum AMC for free with his GenX XT. The price difference is around 8k between Platinum & Gold AMC for 30k kms/3 years.
3) Not sure about remote alarm. But remote boot comes as an accessory.
4) If you are getting good price for your tyres in exchange, an upgrade to BS tyres of the same profile is highly recommended. It will make sky earth difference.
5) Get 3m underbody coating done from TASS as well. They will charge you around 1k.

If you aren't in a hurry to fit the accessories from TASS, wait till their camp. They give around 10% discount on accessories.

Hi, a update on my Nano XTA.

Installed reversing camera, the monitor acts as a IRVM, and is anti glare, haven't yet explored all features, bought from Amazon for 2545.

Today did a trip to Lucknow, 190km both ways, started from home at 8 and reached sgpgi by 9.10, traffic was chyotic, afe when starting from home showed 13.2, and at destination 16.3. 90% without AC, there is a winter nip in the morning.

The steering weighed up nicely, at 70/80kmph enjoyed the breaks, even in tricky situations.

Driving without number plate, hope to get it after diwali.

Reporter Sahib @Akash, my ownership review is still under WIP.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom