Tata Nano Diesel Launch Deferred

great. mahindra came with world's first 2 cylinder CRDi engine for the maxximo & now tata is coming with world's smallest CRDi engine.

indians rock man!
Very true. Indians truely have the potential they just need a platform to prove themselves and now they are proving in the auto world.

Let us not go ballistic patting ourselves on the back for the achievements in the 4W arena ... most of it has been achieved with external help.
I think the strides in the 2W industry are more worthy of appreciation.

Tata would never launch a Nano with airbag or ABS. They might do it when Nano's demand comes down. But then i think, it would be the Europa.
according to me launching TATA nano with airbags isnt a wise idea as it will just increase the cost of the car, which is the major concern of the market that nano is targeting. and every penny saved matters to people in india. another thing about getting airbags fitted is that although they can fit those cheap $10 airbags, but when the repair bill of a crashed airbag equipped nano will be in the hands of the owner he would want to sell the car that instant.
and also as cooldhaya pointed out nano would be mostly driven in city and airbags are not much of a use in cities as they are on highways.
nano europa for sure would be having 2 airbags but thats on a different continent in a different market scenario and at a different price.
coming to the diesel power, i think it will sell. india is slowly becoming a land of dieselheads rather than petrolheads [lol]

Diesel Nano will surely attract many if priced well since a marginal increase in the prices can put it in the segment of spark, but still nowhere close to other diesel hatches.

Let us not go ballistic patting ourselves on the back for the achievements in the 4W arena ... most of it has been achieved with external help.
I think the strides in the 2W industry are more worthy of appreciation.
:agree: well i agree.. most indian car are made in collabration with foriegn but ones which are locally made have not touched any big sucess like icml rhino!!

according to me launching TATA nano with airbags isnt a wise idea as it will just increase the cost of the car, which is the major concern of the market that nano is targeting. and every penny saved matters to people in india. another thing about getting airbags fitted is that although they can fit those cheap $10 airbags, but when the repair bill of a crashed airbag equipped nano will be in the hands of the owner he would want to sell the car that instant.
and also as cooldhaya pointed out nano would be mostly driven in city and airbags are not much of a use in cities as they are on highways.
nano europa for sure would be having 2 airbags but thats on a different continent in a different market scenario and at a different price.
coming to the diesel power, i think it will sell. india is slowly becoming a land of dieselheads rather than petrolheads [lol]
buddy your partially right! but i don't undersyand what will be the use of unsafe car? well who said airbags don't help in city? [sleep]

don't offering airbags and safety features means that poors don't deserve safety??

Would like to differ when it comes to the opinion that airbags will not be required in cities. It is quite possible, and likely that you will be travelling at 40 kmph on a city road. A head on collision with another car travelling in the opposite direction at the same speed will give you a speed differential of 80 ... more than enough to give you a decent headache, if you have one left.
I think that Airbags are useful only in a highway is a fallacy.

fully agree..tata can offer airbags on top model so richies who are buying nano can choose it but for those who can not afford can still go for cheap one without safety features!!

exactly that is what my point is. tata can offer it as an option if they want. but sales of airbags model wont be much. and i dont intend to say that poor people dont need safety or it is good to launch cars without safety features, but this is the reality of the market and even if cars costing 4 lacs today dont come with an airbag why should we condemn tata for not providing it on nano. there's still time when general public in india gets serious about safety issues related to cars. but yes i do believe every model available in the market should atleast have an option for airbags. i think we are going a little off topic discussing about airbags rather than nano. hehe

350Z

Core Team
Check this out, Tata Nano Diesel has been recently spotted testing by BS Motoring and it sports a little difference on rear bumper than its petrol counterpart. Pics + Details Here: Spied! New Tata Nano

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh well! But i doubt the reliability and refined nature of the engine!! The engine will be loud and grumpy i guess!! How much will this cost??

350Z

Core Team
Re: Tata Nano Diesel

According to recent reports by Times of India, Tata is planning to launch the Diesel variant of Nano by September 2011. This cheap little car is expected to come along with a 2 cylinder turbocharged 600 – 700 cc engine. Pricing has not been confirmed but if rumors are to be believed, then buyers will have to pay anywhere Rs.3 Lakhs for fully loaded Tata Nano Diesel. Furthermore, Tata Nano is also expected to launch soon with an Automatic (CVT) Transmission.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Tata Nano Diesel

According to recent reports by Times of India, Tata is planning to launch the Diesel variant of Nano by September 2011. This cheap little car is expected to come along with a 2 cylinder turbocharged 600 – 700 cc engine. Pricing has not been confirmed but if rumors are to be believed, then buyers will have to pay anywhere Rs.3 Lakhs for fully loaded Tata Nano Diesel. Furthermore, Tata Nano is also expected to launch soon with an Automatic (CVT) Transmission.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thats good news and diesel is a safer bet as fuel price is roaring up like anything moreover the efficiency of diesel is better than petrol

it seems most of the car makers will release their low end model diesel variant this year.

Re: Tata Nano Diesel Launch by September 2011

Oh well! But i doubt the reliability and refined nature of the engine!! The engine will be loud and grumpy i guess!! How much will this cost??

reason why i havent bought a nano yet is only one , it is too much noisy inside, present nano make me feels as if sitting inside a rolling drum . i wish if tata made it silent .

one of my friend also dropped nano for same reason now he is eyeing on maruthi.

Top Bottom