Tata Nano CX Test Driven

Today I went to TD a Tata Twist Nano 2018.
This was the latest updated twist model. With the new looks.
I was highly impressed with this little cute car what it has to Offer.

First thing the moment you get inside the car is that you will notice the acre of space available. Enough amount of legroom, head room and shoulder room.
I'm quite a health guy with broad shoulder and was expecting shoulder rubbing besides co-passanger which I observed in wagon r. But to my surprise there was significant amount of gap between us without our shoulder getting overlapped with passenger seated by sides me.

The pickup in 2nd and 3rd gear was quite fantastic wrt city traffic.
With a short TD sprint I was able to pull. The car till 85kmph in no time.

Unfortunately the TD vehicle AC was slow at cooling. But can't complain much as the outside temperature were 40 degrees and above.

Sound insulation was good enough to firewall all the unwanted exterior noise including Nano's engine noise.

Power steering is certainly a boon in traffic and the car felt agile to navigate easily.

The only downer what I felt is over the period of time the price of Nano has shot up tremendously where an xt manual transmission Nano costs a whooping 3.65 lacs on road once which was perceived as the aam junta car.
Dear, 2018 is the GenX model, with the operable hatch, TD the XTA also, and you will enjoy the convenience of a budget AT.

XT gets the older 4 speed GB, and the silencer protruding from the middle, as yore.

XTA has the AMT with 5 speed GB, and silencer sticking out of the left side.

Regarding the price negotiate hard, as the XT should be max 2.5-2.7 and XTA 3L Onroad.

Dear, 2018 is the GenX model, with the operable hatch, TD the XTA also, and you will enjoy the convenience of a budget AT.

XT gets the older 4 speed GB, and the silencer protruding from the middle, as yore.

XTA has the AMT with 5 speed GB, and silencer sticking out of the left side.

Regarding the price negotiate hard, as the XT should be max 2.5-2.7 and XTA 3L Onroad.
Thank you for the correction sir.
I forgot the Genx acronym and indeed the TD was offered with the openable boot.
I was amazed to see the prices shoot skywards. In fact the quote of 3.29lacs on road Thane/mumbai was for 2017 manufactured year and that for 2018 was 3.63 lacs on road(with only 10k insurance discount offered) for the manual transmission.
Further if I book 2018 manufactured Nano then I will have to wait for a month as they no more stock nano in advance and this would be an made to order car upon my booking.
I think soon Nano will be phased out within an year seeing their response which I had.
Attached is the invoice copy.

Attachments

Thank you for the correction sir.
I forgot the Genx acronym and indeed the TD was offered with the openable boot.
I was amazed to see the prices shoot skywards. In fact the quote of 3.29lacs on road Thane/mumbai was for 2017 manufactured year and that for 2018 was 3.63 lacs on road(with only 10k insurance discount offered) for the manual transmission.
Further if I book 2018 manufactured Nano then I will have to wait for a month as they no more stock nano in advance and this would be an made to order car upon my booking.
I think soon Nano will be phased out within an year seeing their response which I had.
Attached is the invoice copy.
I think life has moved on for the Nano, since I bought mine in Oct '16, sad to see a great product sifted into oblivion.

Call a couple of more dealers who have in Stock, and see if you can get a better deal.

Regards
Vinod

I think life has moved on for the Nano, since I bought mine in Oct '16, sad to see a great product sifted into oblivion.
You are correct, Nano is such a wonderful car but people underestimated. With so many controversies and Tata's quality issues it would die natural death maybe very soon.

It all started lying on the bed and happened to singup on TAI. Was amazed to see the number of nano reviews available on this forum as compared to others. I have hardly seen any owner not enjoying this cute little steed and repent on his buying decision.
Post reading Nano reviews from multiple members the itch to own one started all of a sudden inspite of owning three vehicles by us in our family i.e Xuv 500, Honda city and Maruti Ritz randomly driven by me and by my brother and No one else (Dad still likes geard scooters) .
Being an automobile nerd and knowing how beautiful this machine is (tata nano) the thought of owning one was already cultivated in minds.
But upon inquiring and getting estimate of nano, I was set aback with its on road price.
Definitely over the period of time since it's inception it has seen tremendous improvements through multiple updates and grown into a full matured car with its Genx varient but somewhere the affordability factor of owning nano is getting dearer to the wallet.
I think Tata themselves not focusing on selling Nanos and thus they are pricing it insensibly (with on road price touching 3.65Lacs XT manual) it is no more a common man's car. It's sad to see nano loosing its sheen and thus lesser adoption by people to their houses.
I've turned focus on pre owned cars and waiting for the sweet deal to strike.
Fingers crossed

I've turned focus on pre owned cars and waiting for the sweet deal to strike.
Fingers crossed
Pre-Owned Nano just makes sense , we bought one used it for about couple of years and then sold off for an upgrade.

You wont believe we spent in total 50K in the period (including ownership, maintenance, insurances and loss on sale).

Top Bottom