Tata Nano CX: My Amazing Nano Story

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

I am sharing my amazing Nano ownership story.

I am living in a joint family and we have family of 11 members that have 3 kids. so as per family needs & we own two cars from last few years, earlier we own M800 & santro & now we upgrade to Dzire & Ertiga as family grow. In my family only me & my brother drive & my father never got chance to learn driving as he spend most of his life in managing family & job. My father use honda activa for there daily use (most of these daily tasks are under 4-5 km max). Earlier my office is near to home & i manage to come home in case there is requirement for car or there is some emergency situation but things change in starting of 2015 when me & my brother both of us change job. now my office have a more then one hour drive from home & my brother will have to go for long duration onsite trips & one of my car will remain parked at home most of time. when family members have to go somewhere when i am in office they have to call taxi or auto as no one know driving while my new car will remain parked at home [confused] . so i decided to train my father & i know they always have a dream to own a car so when i ask them then they agree on this & its the starting my a amazing nano story.

now i starting to give training to my father of my Ertiga & soon i realize that both of my cars (Dzire & ertiga) is too big to learn driving for someone who are in age group of 60 so i decided to stop training as i don't want to put life of my father or anyone else on road in risk.

After few moths my mother told me that my father have a dream to learn driving but they are very disappointed as i stop giving driving lessons to then & i am not helping. when i know this i just become sad as i am just worried for there safety, i didn't respond & started to looking for some alternative solution. After 2-3 month one of my relative call me to check price of new Alto800 & they also ask me to check if they can give there nano in exchange. they are buying new car to give as a marriage gift.

when i check there nano i found it perfect to learn driving & i offer them to give nano to me in the same price as they are getting from maruti dealer & i also give another offer that even after buying this nano if they need it for short duration then i will never say no. so they will agree & i bring car to my home & they say that they didn't need money now & i can use it for a month & if i like then i can pay else i have a option to return it [surprise] .

Deal is finalize in 35K, i bring car home & spend around 4k on car use it for 20 days. during this my father learn driving on nano & i surprise that they learn very quickly & they i send it back to my relatives as they need car for marriage function related works.

During marriage function i again meet relative & we had a "Chai Per Charcha" on nano & say that now my father is learned almost 70-80% driving & i am planning to buy some good condition car in future. they my relative say that if you want to sell this nano then plz don't pay money for this to us & use it & when you got some other car then return it to us as we are also feeling absence of our Nano.

now i started looking on online sites for some good condition nano & check few cars but didn't found any god condition car. So finally we decided to go for new nano as my father is comfortable in driving nano & we check new nano on Tata showroom. on the same day i got a call from two person who wish to sell there nano's these are as

1.) 2015 nano twist top model with less then 1k kms in odo & asking price in 2.10L

2.) 2012 sept Nano CX with central locking & Seat cover & 4K in odo & asking price is 1.10

so 2012 is in my budget so i decided to check car on 26th jan & confirm it to car owner. on 26 th i check car & found it almost new without any scratch or dent & it drive like new. but i wish to get it inspected from tata service center to confirm that it does not have any accidental repair or any other issue. car owner immediately agree of this & i request him to do it on upcoming weekend as my wife is hospitalized & me & my wife expecting our 1st baby so its not possible for me to manage few hrs in weekdays. on the same day (26th jan) in evening a little angel come in life & i am blessed with a cute baby girl & after 2 days when i got some time i call nano owner & we go to TASS & they show me entire car service history & say that its very less used car & didn't have any mechanical or electrical issue & they check it properly. now ask him for the fair deal price & he say 94K & i also feel it reasonable & i finalize deal & pay entire amount next day & bring car to my home.

I will share some more interesting details soon that i feel in last one month when i use 2 different nano.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Tata Nano CX - My amazing nano story

Hi All

I am sharing my amazing Nano ownership story.

I am living in a joint family and we have family of 11 members that have 3 kids. so as per family needs & we own two cars from last few years, earlier we own M800 & santro & now we upgrade to Dzire & Ertiga as family grow. In my family only me & my brother drive & my father never got chance to learn driving as he spend most of his life in managing family & job. My father use honda activa for there daily use (most of these daily tasks are under 4-5 km max). Earlier my office is near to home & i manage to come home in case there is requirement for car or there is some emergency situation but things change in starting of 2015 when me & my brother both of us change job. now my office have a more then one hour drive from home & my brother will have to go for long duration onsite trips & one of my car will remain parked at home most of time. when family members have to go somewhere when i am in office they have to call taxi or auto as no one know driving while my new car will remain parked at home [confused] . so i decided to train my father & i know they always have a dream to own a car so when i ask them then they agree on this & its the starting my a amazing nano story.

now i starting to give training to my father of my Ertiga & soon i realize that both of my cars (Dzire & ertiga) is too big to learn driving for someone who are in age group of 60 so i decided to stop training as i don't want to put life of my father or anyone else on road in risk.

After few moths my mother told me that my father have a dream to learn driving but they are very disappointed as i stop giving driving lessons to then & i am not helping. when i know this i just become sad as i am just worried for there safety, i didn't respond & started to looking for some alternative solution. After 2-3 month one of my relative call me to check price of new Alto800 & they also ask me to check if they can give there nano in exchange. they are buying new car to give as a marriage gift.

when i check there nano i found it perfect to learn driving & i offer them to give nano to me in the same price as they are getting from maruti dealer & i also give another offer that even after buying this nano if they need it for short duration then i will never say no. so they will agree & i bring car to my home & they say that they didn't need money now & i can use it for a month & if i like then i can pay else i have a option to return it [surprise] .

Deal is finalize in 35K, i bring car home & spend around 4k on car use it for 20 days. during this my father learn driving on nano & i surprise that they learn very quickly & they i send it back to my relatives as they need car for marriage function related works.

During marriage function i again meet relative & we had a "Chai Per Charcha" on nano & say that now my father is learned almost 70-80% driving & i am planning to buy some good condition car in future. they my relative say that if you want to sell this nano then plz don't pay money for this to us & use it & when you got some other car then return it to us as we are also feeling absence of our Nano.

now i started looking on online sites for some good condition nano & check few cars but didn't found any god condition car. So finally we decided to go for new nano as my father is comfortable in driving nano & we check new nano on Tata showroom. on the same day i got a call from two person who wish to sell there nano's these are as

1.) 2015 nano twist top model with less then 1k kms in odo & asking price in 2.10L

2.) 2012 sept Nano CX with central locking & Seat cover & 4K in odo & asking price is 1.10

so 2012 is in my budget so i decided to check car on 26th jan & confirm it to car owner. on 26 th i check car & found it almost new without any scratch or dent & it drive like new. but i wish to get it inspected from tata service center to confirm that it does not have any accidental repair or any other issue. car owner immediately agree of this & i request him to do it on upcoming weekend as my wife is hospitalized & me & my wife expecting our 1st baby so its not possible for me to manage few hrs in weekdays. on the same day (26th jan) in evening a little angel come in life & i am blessed with a cute baby girl & after 2 days when i got some time i call nano owner & we go to TASS & they show me entire car service history & say that its very less used car & didn't have any mechanical or electrical issue & they check it properly. now ask him for the fair deal price & he say 94K & i also feel it reasonable & i finalize deal & pay entire amount next day & bring car to my home.

I will share some more interesting details soon that i feel in last one month when i use 2 different nano.

View attachment 193723

View attachment 193724
Waah! Congrats on your Baby girl and your Little wonder Nano!
I can see that the Nano still impresses people!
Wishing you thousands of trouble-free happy miles! I can add you to the Nano owners club whatsapp group if you are willing to join.

Thread Starter #6
thanks all for best wishes,

i have driven my nano around 500km in last 15 days & its running very good without any issue.
few things that i observe in last 15 days about nano is as

1. Its my 5th car earlier i own M800 & santro & currently having Dzire & ertiga but nano have highest seating position among all (i think higher then almost all cars in India) that give a very good commanding view to road.

2. Ground clearance as very good, even on big speed breakers it cross easily while some big cars feel uncomfortable on same place.

3. Space is never going to be a issue with nano, it have more space then my dzire [lol]

4. fuel efficiency is good if use with light foot.

5. Driving in city traffic is very convenient in nano, high driving position & compact dimensions make it very easy to drive in city traffic.

i have purchased nano to replace my fathers Honda activa & after using nano for more then one month i can say its a very good city car & reliable to go for long journey too. Nano is one of the most underrated car in India. i have to go to valley of flowers in this July with my 2 friends & now i am planning to go in nano as it have lot of space & easy to drive on narrow roads (hills), if any one have driven nano of hills then plz share as i am little worried about low torque & power.

Hi,
Its really a touching ownership story. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Getting a car to your parents at the right time is great.

Thread Starter #10
Added few accessories to My nano

1. Plastic door bidding.

2. plastic foot mats as original one eat up lot of dust & its tough to clean them.

3. LED for parking, number plate light & cabin light.

4. Horn is replaced with Hella , cost me 200 with replacement. original horn have is even not as powerful as my activa have [cry].

also face a petrol leakage issue, car give only 13km/L milage in first two full tanks. i am also worried that why its giving less milage as compare to earlier old nano. When 3rd time when i go to petrol pump, fill tank & just stop my car for air pressure check on petrol pump then two persons from petrol pum come to me & say "sir engine off karo bhaut petrol leak ho raha hai". i just turned engine off & they push car to outside of petrol pump & lift with 2 jack. they check & found petrol pipe that fill petrol to tank have leakage, that just below the gear leaver or few inch towards front of car. after waiting for 30 min it stopped draining & then i took it to TASS, its just 1 km from petrol pump, they check & replace pipe, it cost me Rs.440 that have part cost only 130 & 310 is replacing charge [anger] . now car giving 20km/L in local driving. some time car giving starting problem so planning to go for service on weekend. earlier owner have taken AMC but last service is not done on time it should be done in sept 2015 but till now its pending, AMC have one more service due for sept 2016. i will try if i am able to avail any of them to save some money [:)]

Thread Starter #12
was thinking of a used nano for sister,but am rethinking
Hi tdcarlover, you can consider used nano, i am using it for last 2 month & its a very good city car & have very low running cost. On highway it cruse easily in 80-90 km/h. after purchasing nano i am preferring nano over my other cars for 15-20 km driving, for long driving i am using other cars for safety reasons.

overall i will recommend nano if have to use in 70-80% city driving & one more thing nano have really surprisingly good AC.

Thread Starter #14
@Nanofreak, yes i agree with you, i have driven GenX nano few times, power steering add fun in driving in city traffic, steering is very light.

Thread Starter #15
seat.jpg
I will always try my best to keep little wonder car clean.
Dash.jpg

Parking LED - looks very good & more bright then original bulb, also save some power [clap]
led.jpg

Cabin LED is also give much more light then original bulb.
Cabin LED 2.jpg

Cabin LED.jpg

Nano manage to make some space in between other cars
P1.jpg

From my office window
parking 2.jpg

Face-off with my Ertiga [:D]
Park hm.jpg

Found lot of leaves in the AC fresh air intake, opened & cleaned it.
AC Intake1.jpg

Spare wheel is still unused.
AC 2.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom