lxi.

Suspended
Re: Tata Nano To It's Best - Multi Stage Modifications

Ok Saishibu.

UPLOAD FAILED!
Sorry.
Here is the pic-

397065_2556521269005_113317.gif

@Varun- I am using 2 pioneer(TSA932) oval speakers 350w in my Alto.

Thread Starter #32

@varun i had 400w 3 way pioneer 6x9. but tat had less punch.so swapped one with my accent's pioneer 250w 4 way 6x9. i have fitted it in a pad replacing the original parcel tray. the 250w speakers come with a heavier magnet as it is almost 10 years old. i feel the wiring (done by TASS- cuts and joints) is some thing causing the distortion. is there any separate wiring cables for speakers without amps?
BTW my car is CX. have all features of LX except powerwindows. My Headlights and Fod lamps are 130/100w and 100w halogen respectively and also the hella horns with relays. so all this current config + a sub with amp will it be a super heavy load to my battery?

now if i turn on the ignition with all accessories ON (HL, Fogs+HU) engine will not crank.
electrician advised me to go for bass tube because there is a good amount of space unused behind the rear seats and it will not eat much battery too

Bass tube is not confirmed because after a tuning of the HU settings i feel the BASS now. Keeping the car at 10 feet away and the Bass reach your ears. not though punchy. earlier only voice will reach u.

"ALL YOU NEED IS A ORIGINAL CD. (NOT EVEN ORIGINAL MP3s). THE SONGS DOWNLOADED FROM NET GIVES AWKWARD EFFECT."
i get some noise from the rear speaker when i blow the horn. anyone have such experiences ?

Thread Starter #33

the electrician says i need to add some thing called suppressor. "in car i'm hearing this for the first time". do you need one like that for additional horn?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34

@LXI the wind-shied is good. but will not be doing this because night driving it causes trouble. HL tints im thinking about that. instead of painting on the orange cover. what if i remove that and paint it grey metallic. like the JBL nano?

lxi.

Suspended

No problem Buddy. If it is removable (Like the WAgonR), Then remove it and paint it grey. It will match your car theme (White, Grey and Black).

What about the bonnet painting? I know it will look good but a kind of Electric Car Effect! (No offence)

Everytime I see your car's pic, I also feel to get one nano! [:)]
You have nicely done it man! Appreciate your mind buddy!

SUGGESTION- if you keep the indicators as they are (Orange), Then you can paint the calipers orange.

I have also not heard any Supressor! I have heard compressor (That too not in cars).
Maybe the guy is doing a spelling mistake!

And one thing your Cutie (Actually, Beauty) is missing is UNDERBODY LEDs!
Get them buddy!

Thread Starter #36

@LXI i got some info about suppressor from hereHow to Choose a Noise Suppressor

BTW bonnet it looks good in PS work. but in car i will not be doing it.

compressors are there in cars for AC

I had underbody CFL lights.. now removed. it looks cooler than LEDS. costs 350 for 1 unit. made it in the center. the TASS painted the undercody coating over it and spoiled the whole stuff..

HLs are not easily removable . the top glass has to be removed using a hot gun .. more process are there.

BTW have you heard about the ELECTRO LUMINESCENT(EL) wires.heard lot of its variety are available in New Delhi.
instead of LEDs i think this will be good. try googling. youtube also have videos about it

lxi.

Suspended

I am also thinking that the painted bonnet will not look good as it would give an Electric CAr like feel.

CFLs? What? You mean the Bulb? Used in homes? Do post a pic or explain more!

In one pic of your nano, in the other thread, I saw the Lights under the front bumper. What were they?

Isnt it better to cover the HL area (Leaving the Indicators) and smoking it so that the paint doesnt go to the HL area!

Have not ever heard of the Electroluminiscent (sorry for spelling mistake). On google, It is writtten that they are also called EL wires.
It is also written that - "CooLight is the leading North American direct distributor and Manufacturer's Representative of LyTec - the revolutionary, original, light-emitting wire - continuous 360-degree self-illuminating product based on breakthrough electroluminescent (EL) technology. Flexible, low power consumption and cool to the touch."
Here is the link-
Electroluminescent Wire

Cheers.

Thread Starter #38

ya . that i had too. removed all underbody light, when i DIYd some more underbody lights and burnt all the wires. i ll put that green CFL lights again . i just need to change the covering class. the CLF tubes i guess in bus they use as interior lights nowadays. get in to a RTC bus and check out. pics tomo night :)

lxi.

Suspended

Ok. Will check in buses!

BTW, Is it the CFL used at home?
Do post pic please.
CAn i use it as under dash lights?

Thread Starter #41

its bit large.its a cfl tube. not the round bulb type. if you use as interior light it be like having a fake fog lamp inside your car [LOL]. too bright. when i was using it in the begining, this 1 light is enough to light up the entire underground. one of my friends in his modded Esteem had 3 (front mid and rear. it looks awesome. we both had green lights. hmm let me check my harddisk if im able to get a pic of the light

BTW my car is CX. have all features of LX except powerwindows. My Headlights and Fod lamps are 130/100w and 100w halogen respectively and also the hella horns with relays. so all this current config + a sub with amp will it be a super heavy load to my battery?

now if i turn on the ignition with all accessories ON (HL, Fogs+HU) engine will not crank.
electrician advised me to go for bass tube because there is a good amount of space unused behind the rear seats and it will not eat much battery too

Bass tube is not confirmed because after a tuning of the HU settings i feel the BASS now. Keeping the car at 10 feet away and the Bass reach your ears. not though punchy. earlier only voice will reach u.

i get some noise from the rear speaker when i blow the horn. anyone have such experiences ?

Yes, if you switch on all the electrical load in any car, it wont crank,
As soon as your engine is on, alternator takes care of all your electrical load, still you have sufficient amps left out which can be drawn from it.

If you have a multimeter, start the car, turn on all the electrical accessories measure the voltage across the battery terminals it should throw min of 13.5 volts. After this slightly accelerate the car it must go up to 14.40..
Please confirm with your ASS about the alternator capacity (45amps/70amps)
I guess I have cleared your doubt.
Here is a link my car alternator upgrade - www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/5143-diy-alternator-upgrade-maruti-800-a-2.html

the electrician says i need to add some thing called suppressor. "in car i'm hearing this for the first time". do you need one like that for additional horn?
This happens in my car too, this is usually because of some speaker/cd player's wire touching the ground..

Last edited:

ya . that i had too. removed all underbody light, when i DIYd some more underbody lights and burnt all the wires. i ll put that green CFL lights again . i just need to change the covering class. the CLF tubes i guess in bus they use as interior lights nowadays. get in to a RTC bus and check out. pics tomo night :)
Here is my car's review you can refer this -
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5044-my-car-my-maruti-800-a-3.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...re-parts/1109-under-dashboard-lighting-4.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...278-custom-modifications-leds-31072011202.jpg

As you have alloys with both drum brakes I think you would love to do this on your car !!
Here is a video of my car, let me know if you like it..
Car.mp4 - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom