Tata Nano – To Its Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Re: Tata Nano To It's Best - Multi Stage Modifications

thanks dude
the stock brake drum was black. red people doing it commonly so im thinking something different. inspired from this

orange.jpg

u mean that steering knob? ya that broke long back once i took a hard reverse turn to park in a narrow space. the pic is old may be 6 months old

Thread Starter #17

Any one using pioneer head unit here?
i'm confused with the equalizer setting 2. it has some low mid and high with some freq and w and n

changing them causes more distorted bass.- Killing my ears. i dont use an amp and sub woofer . in rear just 2 4way 260w (had 3 way 400w before)6x9 oval and ts-20 tweeters in front
BTW which is better 260W 4 way or 400W 3way
what is this 3 way and 4 way mean? no proper info on net too

MY HU is pioneer 3050UB

Is it a 4 channel amp or 2 channel amp,which make...
Body kits, you can buy them..

You can paint the brake drums into blue, it looks good snd different. I have done it on my car.

Same questions me too have faced, why you are spending so much on this small car (800) its a waste.
Its all our interest !!

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Buddy, Paint them BLUE.
Will definitely look outstanding and unique as your car!

Regarding the Bodykits, Have you selected any design now?

NO. I am having a crappy sony HU.

Here is a pic of the Blue Drum Brake colour-

96c4e5f6a329b811756661b0a0d7745e_19682043341283348725.jpg

And SUGGESTION- What about doing your bonnet glossy black? What say?
It will get with the Black roof! Eh? Also, While smoking the Taillamps, DO NOT FORGET TO SMOKE THE INDICATORS AND INDICATORS ON THE FRONT HL ALSO!

@Varun- Who said this?
A small car is meant to be modded! What is the joy of modding a BMW, MERC? (I mean they are already heavily loaded cars!)

Thread Starter #21

@Varun plannig for bass tube as it comes very close to 7000rs JBL-GT i guess

@ Lxi Ya blue colour looks good. will do it surely . body kits have some problem with nano. it will be missing the "SUV like ground clearance"

@Varun how about getting a used Amp(1500 to2000) and a good pioneer or JBL(5000rs)
no idea in chosing the right amp. please help me in this

modding a HL i personally feel water getting into it.

@LXI if possible take a look at the body kits of JBL modded nano (FaceBook-JBL india)

lxi.

Suspended

Buddy, Search on google and you will find many bodykits.
You can also ask your aftermarket shops for these.
I saw the JBL modded nano.
And, Its India JBL, Not JBL india (Hehe. :stupid:)

A Basstube for a small car (Nano).
Its better to get a JBL sub and 2 ch amp.
Or
The JBL Basspro12(Subwoofer) has an inbuilt amplifier in it.
Check it also.

Thread Starter #23

what will be the cost of JBL Basspro?

i have seen a nano with Basstube. a modifier owns it . removed the back cover of the car and have dark glass showing off his basstube with Leds. dunno which brand it is. any other bass tube lesser than 12 inch with amp?
BTW what is the big difference between a bass tube and normal subs? why people go more for subs than bass tube?. i guess pioneer doesnt have bass tubes

Thread Starter #24

painting with blue doesn't suit nano. my painter told me. and let it be like that itself for now.
tail light smoking are soon by illango . will be doing small mods by roof scoops then interior carpeting and if possible a bass tube. electrician told my nano is capable of taking the JBL 12inch bass tube it costs 5200rs(not sure) + some 1.5k for wirings.

Great review & you have a cool car out there. The mod is done very neatly!
And for those who ask, why you modify this small car? Such a dumb question. If you love the car, no matter if its a merc or a nano, you are tend to care for it & modify it if you are interested in modification (no offense to anyone). [:)]

Thread Starter #26

@jihu123
thanks buddy. now a days they number of people asking the question have come down actually. i guess now they really understand by passion for modifying nano [:)]

lxi.

Suspended

saishibu- Buddy, You got it wrong.
The JBL BassPRo12 is not a bass tube. It is a subwoofer with an inbuilt amplifier. I think there are no Basstubes with inbuilt amp. Correct me if i am wrong.
Dont know the cost of BassPro12. Sorry.
Here is the link for BassPro12 and other products-
JBL India, JBL Speakers, JBL Car Audio, JBL Amplifiers Delhi

And, The Subwoofer is a small box giving a punchy bass(Boom boom boom!). They are available in 12" and 15", 8" and 10" ranges and even more. They are available for Rs.4-8k.
The Basstube is a long cylindrical tube with Sub like structure on one side. It gives better and deep bass (Booom Bhooom Booooooom!). They are bit on a higher price than a sub.
Sub or basstube, Both require an amp. A 2ch amp can be connected to any 2 speakers or a single Sub only. 4 Ch amp can be connected to any two speakers + Sub. A mono amplifier is specially designed for a subwoofer and boosts the performance of sub to highest levels! Mono amps cost around 8k.
(Sorry : had no other thing to explain the sound!)
Dont know if pioneer has basstubes. But it has Xplod Subwoofer. Check on thier site.

People prefer Subwoofers over bass tubes as Subwoofers require less space and Bass tube eat up all the space of the boot. In a small car like nano [:)], A basstube will leave no space in the boot. If you are ready to compromise on Boot space, GO FOR BASSTUBES.

If the painter says the JBL Basstube isRs.5200, Then an amp would definitely be Rs.5000. Are you ready to give 10k? Instead you can go for a 8-10 inch subwoofer (Hardly 4000) and get an enclosure made (It is necessary) of 500 Rs. and get a 2Ch amp (Rs.5000). What say?

Gurus, If any information above is wrong, Please correct! :stupid:

lxi.

Suspended

Hey Saishibu, I did a quick PS job now-
1. Your TATA Nano
2. All Current Mods as they are.
3. Front Windsheild Tint (Black)
4. Smoked the Indicator (Side)
5. Smoked the indicators on front Headlight.
6. Black Painted the Bonnet with Tata nano still visible.

Hows that?
Waiting for more orders by you! (Kidding),
Feel free to tell about any other mods.

Thread Starter #29

@lxi. give me the Photoshoped pic.

about the JBL Basstube
its a builtin amp. its starts from 5500 Local Aftermarket dealer says. its details are given hereIndia JBL

@350z Sorry for the duplicate post, here experiencing very slow connection.

Instead of going for a old amp for 2k, buy a 2 channel sony amp for 2.7k, wiring costs you 600rs, sub costs you 2.7k JBL, Sub box - 600rs..

Or best get some oval speakers(400-500 watts), use a parcel tray/plank it will be good.

Which version is yours ? If its a LX, it has 70amps alternator (dynamo) so no issues with the electrical load..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom