Tata Motors To Launch New Small Car Under Indica

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors is said to be planning to launch an all new small car this year, which it hopes will revive its falling passenger car sales. This new car to be placed between the Tata Nano and Indica could pose a serious challenge to other small cars such as the Maruti Suzuki Alto and the the Hyundai i10.

Tata Motors has not been able to fare well in the passenger car segment in recent months. The Tata Nano which was expected to become a trend setter in the Indian car market has remained a small player. With the Indian car buyer preferring small cars that are more spacious than the Nano, Tata Motors seems to have decided to develop a new small car instead of revamping the Nano.

This new small car from Tata Motors should be priced around Rs.3 lakhs. Such a price tag will mean the company will have a product that can attract first time car buyers. With the Indica gaining an image as a Taxi and the Nano not being considered by several buyers, an intermediate car model could be the only way for Tata Motors to gain sales volumes.
Tata Motors will be launching two more models along with this new car. The much delayed Safari Storme SUV is one car that should make it to the list. Expected to be launched this festive season, the new Safari Storme has been under development since several years.

Another new car from Tata Motors expected to be launched this year is the diesel variant of the Tata Nano. The Diesel Tata Nano was expected to be unveiled during the Delhi Auto Expo in January but Tata Motors decided not to do it. The diesel Nano will be powered by India's smallest diesel engine and is expected to take fuel economy standards to all new levels.

It remains to be seen if these three new cars from Tata Motors can help revive its sales. Tata Motors was recently overtaken by long time rival Mahindra in passenger car sales in June 2012.

Last edited:
Again indica type car will help occult and esoteric practitioners much.
They will have a day predicting Tata's doom!

I dont want to be somebody suggesting what and what not to Tata.
but my opinion is -they should take cues from Hyundai i10 suzuki A-star or fiat500 with lot of space and quality components[clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
Hmm.. so they have re-started the Dolphin project.Well good for them but I don't see people opting for TATA petrol car over Suzuki petrol car,this ain't that time yet.

However what I am really interested in diesel version of this same very car at around 3.5 lakhs.That could be a game changer in my opinion just like Nano diesel.[:)]

Top Bottom