Tata Motor's Premium SUV's Coming!

So that makes sense.[;)] This SUV is based on Discovery Sport/Freelander/RR Evoque platform. And it is a Monocoque

So Tata is doing so many things at a time. They will be using the X1 platform for Nexon, Freelander2 (Ford EUCD) for Q501, original Disco-integrated body frame for more rugged Raptor platform.

So everything is clear now. But am I missing the so called Q502 ?[confused]

Thread Starter #17
The Q502 is a seven-seater and will be Tata Motors’ competitor for the Mahindra XUV500. The XUV500 will soon be getting a mid-life facelift and mostly an automatic version too. The pricing of this new Tata SUV will be between Rs 15-18lakhs (on-road) and will be a feature-loaded SUV. It will get the Harman touchscreen infotainment system with 10-speakers and a brand new-generation interior styling

The Q502 is likely to be based on the Raptor platform, which is based on Land Rover’s Integrated Body Frame, which is already seen on the Discovery 4, one of the most capable off-roaders around. The Freelander’s unibody platform is the Ford’s EUCD platform, so Tata Motors will stick to using Land Rover technology. The XUV500 is an all-wheel drive, while Tata Motors will utilise the Land Rover technology

So that makes sense.[;)] This SUV is based on Discovery Sport/Freelander/RR Evoque platform. And it is a Monocoque

So Tata is doing so many things at a time. They will be using the X1 platform for Nexon, Freelander2 (Ford EUCD) for Q501, original Disco-integrated body frame for more rugged Raptor platform.

dude TATA's upcomming Raptor Platform is based on Land Rover LR-MS platform which is based on Ford EUCD platform dont be confus

Originally Posted by jagrover
So everything is clear now. But am I missing the so called Q502 ?

both Q501,Q502 and Next generation SUMO will use RAPTOR Platform(Land Rover LR-MS platform)

Last edited:
dude TATA's upcomming Raptor Platform is based on Land Rover LR-MS platform which is based on Ford EUCD platform dont be confus

both Q501,Q502 and Next generation SUMO will use RAPTOR Platform(Land Rover LR-MS platform)
Buddy, Raptor is Body integrated frame like Discovery4.
Q501 and Q502 is based on Ford EUCD Monocoque.

I think you are confused..!![:)]

@vm2011
Buddy you are just posting 'motoroctane' and 'ACI' reports side by side. At this point from ACI, Q501 is XUV500 competitor based on Ford EUCD. MotorOctane says a different thing. Q501 is Duster rival and Q502 is XUV500 7 seater rival. So clear your side my friend.[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
ACI report was the latest and so you should not give much thought to the MotorOctane's report[:)]

Q501 is XUV500 competitor based on Ford EUCD .The Q501 will be sharing its underpinnings with the new Discovery Sport (L550) and will sport the familiar Tata design.

Both ( Q501 and Q502) the SUVs will be radically different from each other in terms of design and engine options.

Q502- 7 seater SUV, will take on Toyota's Fortuner. More details to come on this.

The two Tata vehicles will also be sold in global markets such as South Africa, West Asia and Indonesia.

Last edited:
Buddy, Raptor is Body integrated frame like Discovery4.
Q501 and Q502 is based on Ford EUCD Monocoque.

I think you are confused..!![:)]

@vm2011
Buddy you are just posting 'motoroctane' and 'ACI' reports side by side. At this point from ACI, Q501 is XUV500 competitor based on Ford EUCD. MotorOctane says a different thing. Q501 is Duster rival and Q502 is XUV500 7 seater rival. So clear your side my friend.[:)]
Im not confused Buddy TATA Just said that they are using LAND ROVER Like body Integrated frame technology in RAPTOR Platfrom and comming back to Q501 and Q502 SUV's they are not completely based on Ford EUCD platform Land ROVER have Land Rover LR-MS platform that is a modified version of Body integrated platform and remember FORD EUCD Platform is not a completely Monocoque platform

We all know well about TATA Motors how they are masters in building cars using single platform to keep low cost so Do you really mean that TATA will use two different platforms for two different SUV's according to my search i can clearly say that TATA RAPTOR platform and Q501 and Q502 is based on (Land Rover LR-MS platform is a modified version of FORD EUCD Platform)

for more details about Ford EUCD platform:Ford EUCD platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Land Rover Freelander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPffff.

TATA cant use Fords platform. On which the freelander and Evoque are based on. SIMPLE. TATA will have to pay royalty (or whatever they call it) for the use of intellectual property (or whatever they call it).

What TATA can use is the intellectual property fully owned by JLR, provided they are ready to share it with TATA and TATA finds it cost effective to use it in the segment they operate in. Have you heard of the word "synergies" in TATA press conferences when use of JLR technology is asked? Thats all they are looking at, "synergies". Use of ideas and not materials.

PS: But then, I may be wrong here. I am watching from the outside. I have no insider knowledge.[;)]

PPffff.

TATA cant use Fords platform. On which the freelander and Evoque are based on. SIMPLE. TATA will have to pay royalty (or whatever they call it) for the use of intellectual property (or whatever they call it).

What TATA can use is the intellectual property fully owned by JLR, provided they are ready to share it with TATA and TATA finds it cost effective to use it in the segment they operate in. Have you heard of the word "synergies" in TATA press conferences when use of JLR technology is asked? Thats all they are looking at, "synergies". Use of ideas and not materials.

PS: But then, I may be wrong here. I am watching from the outside. I have no insider knowledge.[;)]
Yes i agree but FORD EUCD Platform right belongs to majorly three brands FORD ,LAND ROVER and VOLVO Cars because most of the JLR and VOLVO cars shares ford platforms but they dont need to plat Royalty fee only for engines ford takes Royalty fee and Do you know most of the engines used in JLR and VOLVA cars are from FORD

I suspect that it will be 1.6l mjt which is standard for mjt ,else 1.9mjt. with VGT , and multijet commen rail technology,
Else it will have 1.4l , 160bhp fiat powerplant
Which comes in 500x

Last edited:
no its not the copy paste job, but the buzz is that TATA will have something which is a lookalike of EVOQUE. I mean that's what i have heard. heres the news
New Tata compact SUV to look like a mini Evoque

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-ne...ct-suv-to-look-like-a-mini-evoque-393006.aspx

Mechanically, the X104 will also see the debut of Tata’s 1.5-litre diesel motor that develops a good 110bhp, and a new six-speed manual gearbox designed to handle the extra power and torque. Sources say that despite the engine’s power advantage over rivals such as the EcoSport, the motor will not sacrifice fuel economy. There will be a petrol version as well powered by Tata’s in-house developed, 1.2-litre motor. This all-aluminum, three-cylinder engine is expected to produce around 75bhp and has been designed to be quiet and refined.

Last edited:
On the pic it looks small in length to accomodate a proper 7 seater though
That ain't small. In the view it makes itself look like that. Have a look at side profile and you know how long LR Discovery is!!! It can comfortably seat 7 adult passengers. It may look smaller as it stands on 17-inch wheels. BTW, i love the outer elements on this SUV.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom