Tata Motors: Poor Sales Experience

There are lot of things which are happening in Tata specially for customer services & experience.

I can see lot of new dealerships are coming in & where ever Tata is getting chance they are opening new showrooms. They are even not hesitating taking actions on complaints against dealerships however its not so easy to open new showrooms as Tata as a brand took lot of hit and people are not very keen to invest on a Tata showroom.

Tiago increased the sales somehow and soon new launches will take it further and am sure Tata will get interested parties to partner and open new dealerships.

My advice would be to cancell the booking, and go to some other dealers(if any Tata Dealer exist in your locality). If sales attitude is bad, I seriously doubt the service. If no other option, go to Hyundai/Maruti, for peace of mind.
Thankfully, in my locality,there are 3 showrooms. 1 of them is competent enough to satisfy the customers to the core. They make U feel royal, even while servicing the Nano. Cant say the same about other two.
Tata really needs to be serious here, or things not going to improve.
Sometimes, an average car will give you more peace of mind through its service experience. And sometimes a Premium car can make you suffer.

Last edited:
Well even we had a very bad experience when we got our car from Toyota. Yes toyota.

We went to 3 toyota showrooms.
Two were from wasan and 1 was millenium. Wasan were pathetic and had no interest in selling us the liva. Millenium was class apart and we finally booked the car and got it delivered couple of days back.

Wasan toyota did not have any demo car, no knowledge of that particular variant, not ready to give a quote, bascially had all the ingredients to ask you to get lost and book some other car.

so it is not OEM specific but it is more to do with the dealer you are interacting with. So would suggest go to a different dealer.

I can see lot of new dealerships are coming in & where ever Tata is getting chance they are opening new showrooms.
There is a new Tata dealer in Thane. We went there twice to look at seat covers. They never had a single piece in stock. This last time a week ago, we were told they will order of we want to buy and need two weeks to deliver it.

I see deliveries taking place from time to time from this dealer as I drive by it every day. So they should be stocking up on accessories.

There is a new Tata dealer in Thane. We went there twice to look at seat covers. They never had a single piece in stock. This last time a week ago, we were told they will order of we want to buy and need two weeks to deliver it.

I see deliveries taking place from time to time from this dealer as I drive by it every day. So they should be stocking up on accessories.
Just give them some time specially accessories for Tiago as the demand is pretty high and the dealer is new.

BTW how was the experience and approach towards customer ?

Its quite different story at-lest in pune tata dealerships.
I was part of 3 car purchases 1 Vista, 2 Zests
Every time I went to showroom , I was welcomed and well attended then directed to concerned person.
Tea - coffee so many time.
Great showroom ambiance , ac always on.
Very helpful SA and also informative.
I had taken TD of everything (Vista,Zest ,Nano,Storme,Bolt,Tieto) and bought nothing for Me [glasses] but they always offered (asked) for TD. Eben they came to my office for TD
The SA got tabs to explain car features.

One extreme very good experience was - At time we were searching for Gray Zest but it was not in stock and they asked us to wait for 2 months, so we went ahead with White Zest booking. Done all financial formalities t, the SA always tried for Gray color for US but it was simply not available with any dealer or stock. But most surprising part was on the D day we can gray Zest yes the SA tried very hard for us and we appreciated his efforts. We were like [surprise]

Its bad too see how its different at different locations.

In my opinion it's a simple case of negligence at the customer end too. 2 days back itself a friend of mine who happens to be a captain took the delivery of his S Cross 1.6 via CSD and from all my previous experience, I know that first of all we check if the vehicle is available with CSD or not. Now go through this link:
CSD PRICE LIST

And try to find out which CSD depot is having the Tiago listed with them and if the car isn't listed with any depot, that means either the manufacturer hasn't yet given the car for sale via CSD or it's under process. So there is a possibility of dealer taking the booking with an info that manufacturer is providing the car via CSD billing too but it has either takes a lot of time or the plan itself is shelved.

Just see what mycarhelpline list has to say about the Tiago in their CSD price list:
CSD.JPG

link

In other words simply putting blame on manufacturer over anything and everything isn't done and it's equally important to critically examine the situation at least once before jumping the gun.

@Mods: I request you to change thread title too for the time being, it's no use defaming manufacturer for no reason

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I dont understand why the manufacture is being blamed.
It's not like you have only 1 dealer to choose from.
And tata will only interrupt when they receive multiple complaints. It's not like the dealer doesn't want to sell.
If i like tiago and 1 dealer is not good to me I will simply move to the 2nd dealer and buy.

The OP is nowhere to be seen with no updates. Did he check with another dealer or what ?

I understand your disappointment sir. I have just joined Tata motors dealership as a customer advisor on 1st Sept. I have seen their way of recruiting sales employees. No technical interview and no attitude check. It was just an introduction and lo! job in hand. And its actually pathetic to see the sales executives and even team leaders attitudes in the showroom. They shamelessly claim other brands to be better. They don't have any interest to sell cars, be it Tata or any brand. They don't have any technical knowledge and not even the key advantages of Tata cars over others. They just point out and describe what they see in the car to the customer. The point of sales executive and customer advisor itself is defeated here. They don't even have enough driving experience too. It's pathetic to see this kind of negativity in the showroom. The showroom itself is pathetic. No AC is switched on in the showroom. Further worse is the attitude of the sales people towards Tiago. They say that it's because of Tiago delays they are getting abuses from customers. In these three days, there have been three cancellings. Only good thing is, Nano sales is picking up.
Tata has to do three things:
1. Rejuvenate and frequently check up on the dealership ambience and appearance.
2: Employ proper loyal people to improve sales experience.
3: Please ensure that the waiting period, demand and supply are taken care of properly, without making the customers and dealers frustrated.
With global quality products coming next months onwards, the overall sales and service experience needs to be improved a lot in order to match. Else it will be a totally futile attempt.

seems like the horizonxt statergy should be extended till the show room, sales, service...

They seem to have forgotten their own next parts of strategies and launches searching for this unseen horizon.
They needed to work hand in hand with dealers over everything but looks like all the changes are just taking place inside Bombay House itself.

Hello Bunty Ji..

I believe for CSD, you will be getting the car from Cargo Motors Ludhiana.

You first need to get the quote from the dealer and get it processed from your CSD, once done, they will allocate car to you.

Please contact your CSD and they would be able to help you in contacting Cargo Motors.

Thanks,

SG

For CSD prices, it is always better to go to the nearest CSD depot. Generally, the latest price list and the dealer list is pinned up in notice board. Helpfully, you will also find dealer agents roaming around in the canteen ( no idea how they come in without canteen ID !) who help in expediting vehicle orders. For Chennai, CSD at Fort St.George is the go to depot.

When my friend bought the tiago, since he was out of town, I was handling the purchase and it was great experience in prerana bangalore. The SA was at the bus station 12 o clock in the night to get the loan documents signed. My friend used to come in the night, sign off the documents and leave at 12 to go to office next morning. SA did this for 2 days.

Top Bottom