Tata Motors: Poor Sales Experience

Thread Starter #1
The worst customer service in the world is tata

I booked Kwid on 18.10.15. Renault called me the same day to congratulate me and given me contact no of one rep who will assist me till the delivery. I want to purchase the car through CSD. I'm retiring on July 16. Kwid is not available through CSD till now. So I cancelled my booking. The showroom staff was not cooperating when I visit to cancelled my booking. So I called the renault customers care. They regretted that they could not meet my expectations. They again appointed a rep for the processing my cancellation. The rep called me on every step to inform me that what was going on regarding my refund. One word - Really nice customers care.

2) I really liked the baleno and had a chat with number of dealers so that I can get car through CSD before retirement.

Booked baleno on 18.06.16. Then I realized that my street is not so wide that I can turn and park baleno in my house. So I cancelled my booking. The dealer was arguing to deduct 1500 rs as cancellation charge. I called nexa regarding this. They apologized that I didn't like their product. They raised my complained against dealer. In few minutes dealer called me and was ready to refund full booking amount. This customer care experience with nexa and Renault is at the time when I was canceling my biking with them. Yet they were really nice

3) Now the experience of tata

Less said is good. I called customer care 1000 times to know whether that tiago is available through CSD. 995 of them don't know what is CSD. They only say that their expert team will call me. They called me a few times. They also don't know what is this CSD. They said they will arrange call from dealer and he will give me full information.

None of the dealer called me. Then I searched contact number of my nearest dealer on Google. Thanks Google is not like tata customer care. I called the dealer Aristo Motors Sohna road gurgaon. The security guard picked up the phone I was talking to him in English. After telling him all the query. He asked me to tell him in Hindi. Hahaha. Then I given him my number.

After an hour Mr Deshraj Malhotra called me. He told me that the tiago is available through CSD. And he will give me CSD rates and a document called availability certificate which is required to process through the buying through CSD. I visited the showroom the same da. Forget tea or coffee, no one asked me for water.

Took a test drive of diesel as well as a short about 500 MTR drive of petrol tiago. I was in instant love. No doubt the car is best in segment. I told SA to give me one day time to decide whether I want this car or not and returned from there. I was hoping that I will got a call from showroom to let them know my decision

Hold on. I neither got a call from SA or from showroom. So I visited the showroom on third day again same no one asked the water all that I was there to book a car. The behaviour of staff was like I m there to sell a car and they are the customer. I asked SA to show me tiago in all colours so that I can close the one. He said they don't have all colours. I asked him to take me to there stockyard. Excuse- there stock yard is 100 km away in faridabad.

I asked them for leaflets of tiago in all colours. They didn't have Finally they showed me some delivery pics of tiago in a tiny phone screen. I booked xz diesel in espresso brown colour. The SA filled the booking form and given it to me for signature. I realised that the SA don't know the spelling of diesel. Anyway I corrected it in front of him and signed the documents. He came with booking slip in half an hour

Now here is the twist

When I asked him about that CSD price index and availability certificate. He told me that they don't received CSD price index from company and will provide me in one week. I asked them how they know that the car is available through CSD and they given funny answers.

I felt really cheated

Now I am calling the SA and he in not picking up my call. Customer care is also useless uneducated labour. I'm feeling like I visited Chor bazaar for buying a car. Or I am getting something done through a government office. Even in today's time govt offices are far better than Tata's customer care

I used twitter and Fb also. No success. Tata and its dealer and its customer care doesn't care about tweets and reputation

Please suggest what should I do now. Talking to tata customercare is like you are hitting your head on rock

You tell them your problem like you are telling a child stand then he/she will again ask what your problem is actually.

I think tata hired those Bihar toppers at their reps

Now what should I do

Do I proceed to consumer court?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tata Tiago Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiara

I agree with you sir, Tata's customer service is worst and the customer care really sucks, seems they hired 5th passed out fellows, doesn't understand our queries first, solution tho baad ki baat hai..

At dealer side, all the Tata showroom have un-professional staff, SAs doesn't know how to treat customers, they even doesn't fit to sit in service centres.

If there was no Tiago, I wouldn't step into the Tata showroom..

Tata Motors, the brand itself makes you inconvenient, only because of customer service and after sales, even they have best products like Tiago, Zest, Nexon.. God knows Tata's future on customer service..

Re: Tata Tiago Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiara

Let's face it. Nexon is yet to be launched. Zest has been royally hammered out of the race. That says about the product itself. Tiago is sold in volume segment and it is not doing great numbers frankly for that segment. Tata should focus more on sales and customer service along with their products

Such type of experience is what let you held back before zeroing on any of tata cats. Forget about referring it to anybody. If such is the attitude if SA and customer care during the purchase, god knows what to expect from them after sales.

Heard so many negative remarks through different owners that i didn't even considered going for Tyagi despite liking it when I was looking out for a VfM hatch 2 months back.

Why waste time in consumer court, you should cancel the booking.
Imagine the after sales experience. Better get out of the problem now itself. If you really need a tiago visit a reputed tata dealer even if it is in another district.
Tata customers are mostly cabbies or the dealerships are owned by people who have a tata commercial dealership too, so the people treat you like a commercial vehicle buyer.

Problem with all brands is the dealer, many dealerships are owned by people with no business ethics.

Last edited:
I understand your disappointment sir. I have just joined Tata motors dealership as a customer advisor on 1st Sept. I have seen their way of recruiting sales employees. No technical interview and no attitude check. It was just an introduction and lo! job in hand. And its actually pathetic to see the sales executives and even team leaders attitudes in the showroom. They shamelessly claim other brands to be better. They don't have any interest to sell cars, be it Tata or any brand. They don't have any technical knowledge and not even the key advantages of Tata cars over others. They just point out and describe what they see in the car to the customer. The point of sales executive and customer advisor itself is defeated here. They don't even have enough driving experience too. It's pathetic to see this kind of negativity in the showroom. The showroom itself is pathetic. No AC is switched on in the showroom. Further worse is the attitude of the sales people towards Tiago. They say that it's because of Tiago delays they are getting abuses from customers. In these three days, there have been three cancellings. Only good thing is, Nano sales is picking up.
Tata has to do three things:
1. Rejuvenate and frequently check up on the dealership ambience and appearance.
2: Employ proper loyal people to improve sales experience.
3: Please ensure that the waiting period, demand and supply are taken care of properly, without making the customers and dealers frustrated.
With global quality products coming next months onwards, the overall sales and service experience needs to be improved a lot in order to match. Else it will be a totally futile attempt.

Which car you finalised & purchased finally?
Hi Tornado,

I finalized and bought Toyota Etios Liva (Limited Edition) Petrol 1200CC engine.

And I am really happy with my dicision. The kind of service and comfort I am getting from Toyota is unbelievable.

Problem with all brands is the dealer, many dealerships are owned by people with no business ethics.
Not alone the dealer. They should educate every one from Security person to the top GM of how to deal with customers. When I was owning Manza, I even felt BSNL Customer Care is some what better than the Customer Care of Tata.

I appreciate tata motors improving quality, design and bringing value for money products to people.They are also trying to improve on customer service front by introducing customer service app but still it's not enough!

Tata motors need to work big time on their sale representitives ,they are the first one to come in contact with customer even before the car,they should also work on quick customer care and support ;maybe hire a world class call center for it.Their sales person can learn from five star hotel staff how to treat a customer ,how to make him/her feel special.

The waiting period of Tiago also seem ridicules,by now they should have ramped up the production at-least to 8000 car per month.It's not as if they have got their hand busy with other cars .TATA is a well establish auto giant it should better act as one!

I have much more to say but TATA have hired professional to overlook these matter,if they can't run their affair smoothly then TATA should hire more competent people or else bear the brunt of the negativity which all this would generate.

Imagine the after sales experience.
Tata Motors Sales team is the worst amoung all the car companies in India.

When I was in search of a new car 6 years ago, made a telephone call to Rathod Motors in Vapi since they were the nearest. Experience was such that I never bothered to visit the showroom even once. Later bought the car over telephone from another dealer 200 km away.

However After sales experience was good and always serviced the car in same Rathod Motors. Even though I could not find much difference in the attitude of their sales team over the years but the service section in the same showroom was really different and good to me always.

dj bro,
Like i said dealers with commercial vehicle experience, isnt tafe one such.
My collegemate worked in ford , he had bad attitude like getting angry quickly and no driving interest or even proper knowledge, but he got selected as a hr or something like that. Same for a guy working in vw.

My plans of buying a Hexa seems a risky decision. Good product with bad service.

Last edited:
Even Toyota deals a lot in commercial vehicle and a lot or I can say almost all their cars runs as taxi zindagi still the kind of ASS they provide is unmatched. Infact , it's even better then Maruti I would say.

Tata seriously needs to do a lot from ground level if they really want to make their presence felt in the market. Else many a customer like us will not be buying their products despite launching some best cars.

Top Bottom