Tata Motors Introduces Facelifted Indica V2

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors has given its entry level diesel small car, the Indica eV2 a facelift of sorts, along with a price cut.

TataIndica eV2, the most fuel efficient hatchback in its class, gets more stylish

Stylish new exteriors
With added convenience features
Best-in-class fuel efficiency of 25KMPL
Even more affordable
Own the Tata Indica eV2 with a down payment of Rs.50,000/- only
Tata Motors today launched the refreshed Tata Indica eV2, the most fuel efficient car in its class with a mileage of 25 kmpl, with new exteriors and additional convenience features.

The Tata Indica eV2 sports new stylish exteriors. The exterior styling has been enhanced with new stylish headlamps, new front bumper, triple-step chrome tipped grille and an all new sporty rear spoiler with integrated stop lamp, in addition to sporty alloy wheels, attractive decals, and signature tail light cluster, which was offered in the previous version.

The car also offers two class defining features:

The Auto-Drive Assist ensures that while climbing a gradient the engine will not stall even if the foot is completely taken off the clutch, thus enabling the driver to easily shift his foot to the accelerator.
The Clutch-To-Start feature ensures that the engine cannot be cranked unless the clutch is fully engaged. Hence there is no risk of re-crank if the engine is on.

The interiors of the Tata Indica eV2 are in elegant shadow beige colour, with large comfortable seats in a spacious cabin. The top trim sports a premium wood finish centre console and host of other features like power windows, keyless entry, Bluetooth enabled music system and USB port, 4 spoke collapsible steering wheel, tachometer, rear parcel shelf, 60:40 rear seating, front and rear fog lamps.

Equipped with the CR4 Common Rail Diesel engine, the Tata Indica eV2 has a displacement of 1396 cc delivering 70 PS @ 4000 RPM. With a higher torque of 140 NM at a lower 1800-3000 RPM, the Tata Indica eV2 comes with improvements in the gear ratios, starter motor protection and reduction in the weight of the car by around 10 kg. The car is also available with an MPFI petrol engine to provide customers with a wider choice. Both the engines are compliant with BS4 emission norms.

The car also sets a new benchmark in safety. With advanced reinforced steel in the sub-frame, the body shell has added strength and muscle. The car is distinctively more stable on highways and can negotiate all driving conditions with utmost ease. The company offers a warranty of 24 months or 75000 Kms, whichever is earlier.

The refreshed Tata Indica eV2 is thus a complete family car, offering best-in-class space, features, fuel efficiency and utmost safety. It is an ideal choice for both, daily commute and weekend getaways.

The Tata Indica eV2 is available in 3 variants --Tata Indica eV2 LE (base variant), Tata Indica eV2 LS and Tata Indica eV2 LX (top-end variant). The range comes in two new colours -- Spicy Red and Sea Blue, in addition to Neo Orange, Jet Silver and Mint White.

The Tata Indica eV2 has been made even more economical with a reduction in price by Rs. 23,000/-. Now, the range is priced at Rs. 401,162 (Ex-showroom, Delhi), for the base variant, going upto Rs.487,619 (Ex-showroom, Delhi), for the top-end variant. Besides, customers can also avail of Tata Motors Finance's low down payment scheme of Rs. 50,000/- only (this includes road tax, registration and insurance).

For further details on the refreshed Tata Indica eV2, please visit: TATA Indica - eV2

Source:tatamotors.com

Attachments

Re: Tata motors launches the facelifted indica ev2

Where should I look for the facelift?
It looks same Taxi interior out exterior.with those additional mind blowing(or boggling) features it is confirmed ticket for endless niggles which, not even Tass would be familiar of.

errrrrrrrrrrr.... hell..[frustration] Copy from Indigo CS and Paste into Indica and call it new facelift, How much more are they going to push this old Tractor? Seriously, the pricing of the top model overlaps with that of Vista. Now, I would rather buy a Vista base model than paying for this old wine in a copy & pasted bottle (not even a new bottle).

P.S: The only commendable move might be the discontinuation of NA model, from the pricing it looks like they have discontinued NA Indica.

P.P.S: But, why is that truck size steering not being reduced in diameter?

Last edited:

One thing is worth appreciation. This is the only one small car INDICA, which has seen European shores from India though with a different name ,correct me if I am wrong.

The built quality of this car is simply amazing, simply "Tank" like. something sort of Palio or Uno kind.

I do not see any such serious facelift than some cosmetic things on exterior.

Features list looks to be long and surprise me that whether Storm will have these many[surprise]

But until and unless some serious change takes place on its shape on the rear area, we cannot call it as a facelift and is price cut is a facelift[;)]

Another facelift which seems too difficult to notice. Price cut would further attract the commercial buyers.
As Jayadev said, the car indeed feel tank like. Especially the thud sound of doors gives a secure feeling. I would have loved to see some safety features in the top end model. Still an affordable diesel for first time buyers in the market.

I have a feeling, with the increase in fuel prices, increase in competitors pricing a small -but significant portion of non-taxi and yes even taxi drivers (whats wrong with them[confused]) will start to rethink about this car-not fancy,spacious for 5, at the price of a similar sized petrol hatch and well proven.

Thread Starter #9
I don't know for how long TATA intends to produce this model, nevertheless seems like a good value for a buyer who is in the market for a diesel hatch with tight budget.

The pricing for LE & LS versions seem fine and in tune with perfect VFM,but the top end at 4.87 lakhs is seriously infiltrating into Vista territory.Not a smart move by TATA,even though after all these years this car still is a looker.The Italian designs never fade they say and how right !!

Last edited:
The pricing for LE & LS versions seem fine and in tune with perfect VFM,but the top end at 4.87 lakhs is seriously infiltrating into Vista territory.Not a smart move by TATA,even though after all these years this car still is a looker.The Italian designs never fade they say and how right !!
Well, i am not a fan of Indicas' exteriors however, the interiors especially the cabin space still attracts me. Minus the Taxi image, this car has potential to do wonders even among the non-commercial buyers. Add some safety equipment, give some real face lift, and the car will be a hit once again (in non-commercial segment).
However, I strongly think that TATA would be least bothered to do all this since, to them, what matters is whether the car is selling or not. They are getting good numbers for their car even without facelift, then why spend more.

Top Bottom