Tata Motors Brings Revamped Sumo Gold

Re: Revamped Tata Sumo Victa in Pipeline (Sumo Gold)

Better to stop Grande and sell this vehicle instead,It will do more of wonders in cab world as its preferred by them especially for good space and roomier to accommodate more of passengers
Vishwas buddy have you ever taken a ride in Grande, it is one heck of a car and much better than Victa/gold, slowly but surely Indians would appreciate Grande because of its presence, improved ride on all rows, shortest turning radius and good fuel efficiency,taxi market be damned.

1)Vishwas buddy have you ever taken a ride in Grande, it is one heck of a car and much better than Victa/gold, slowly but surely Indians would 2)appreciate Grande because of its presence, improved ride on all rows, shortest turning radius and good fuel efficiency,taxi market be damned.
1)No,I don't want to ride that crap-looking steel box.Xylo is way better than this thing.

2)Regarding the interior space i think Xylo is better as the length is more than Grande

3)People appreciating Road presence? Never,instead they would omit it if they hear or have a first look at it.

The Victa was better looking and this model will sell more IMO.
And Taxi Market is growing well in our city,so there will be a demand for these type of cars.

A fresh info about Sumo Gold guys, it uses 3.0 lt cr4 engine which produces 80 bhp of power and 250 nm of torque, Mahindra Bolero better watch out this time around, Gold looks like a serious threat to its crown.

1)No,I don't want to ride that crap-looking steel box.Xylo is way better than this thing.

2)Regarding the interior space i think Xylo is better as the length is more than Grande

3)People appreciating Road presence? Never,instead they would omit it if they hear or have a first look at it.

And Taxi Market is growing well in our city,so there will be a demand for these type of cars.
Price of Sumo Gold GX=6,86,000

Price of top end Bolero=6,82,000

So now Tata has taken it to mahindra, lets wait for the future.

BTW:My 200th post wooooow.

A fresh info about Sumo Gold guys, it uses 3.0 lt cr4 engine which produces 80 bhp of power and 250 nm of torque, Mahindra Bolero better watch out this time around, Gold looks like a serious threat to its crown.
Can you please tell me the source? And this engine you say 3.0lt is a new one? or the same engine which came with the sumo spacio(guess im right)without cr4.

Price of Sumo Gold GX=6,86,000

Price of top end Bolero=6,82,000

So now Tata has taken it to mahindra, lets wait for the future.

BTW:My 200th post wooooow.
Now i think Sumo will be taken mostly by taxi markets and Bolero for Personal use because Sumo can squeeze 10-12 ppl but Bolero ony 7 ppl,but the Real SUV looks are in Bolero and not this Sumo,it feels dated.

new sumo gold @ 5.04 lakhs!! [evil]

The Sumo Gold will be available in four variants CX, LX, EX and GX. The top of the line, Sumo Gold GX for BS-IV cities will cost Rs 6.74lakh (ex-showroom, Pune). The Sumo Gold will replace the exisiting Sumo Victa. The ARAI claimed mileage for the Sumo Gold is 14.07kmpl. carwale.cmo

Attachments

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team

Earlier also Sumo used to have a Gold model. It is a mere cosmetic makeover but the affordable price tag is a big plus here for commercial sector as well as large families. Following are the features of this car (as per Tata).

Exterior Features:
- Body Graphics
- 15" / 16" Wheels
- Improved Fog lamps
- Reworked Tail lamps
- Reworked Front Grille
- Reworked Headlamps
- Spare Wheel Below Cabin

Interior Features:
- Power Windows
- Engine Immobilizer
- New Music System
- Silver Center Console
- Leather Wrapped Steering

The Tata Sumo Gold is a result of extensive consumer studies and field tests. The product has been designed to fulfil various requirements, long-awaited by the new generation customer." - Mr. R. Ramakrishnan, Vice President, Commercial - PCBU, Tata Motors
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #25

350Z

Core Team

Not worth creating a new thread, therefore posting the news here. Tata Motors is running a free service camp exclusively for Sumo owners.

tata sumo camp.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

According to a Tata insider Grande and Victa's production has been stopped by tata.They are completely concentrating on GOLD which according to them has sold around 10,000 units till launch and being received quite well by the market.They expect demand of GOLD to even increase in future.Now Grande/Victa are only built to order.

Xylo's front may not be the best but it is certainly better than Grande's rear!

i cant agree with you more. It is lesser and also cramped than Xylo. Thats a main reason why my dad went for Xylo.

Yup, not much of road presence even though its a big vehicle.

my replies in bold.
even i saw a lot of Sumo Gold during my stay in India. Probably its doing well.

Just coming back from Bokaro Steel City, it seems that Sumo Gold has taken over entire Jharkhand.Saw around 100 Gold mostly maroon colour.Also talked to a Gold owner during our lunch in a Punjabi dhaba.The guy had bought top end GOLD GX Di and was just returning from famous Rajrappa temple after doing mandatory puja of his car.He was really impressed with this Sumo in terms of initial performance.Couldn't give me any idea about mileage as the vehicle had done only 200 odd kms.According to him he bought it over Bolero for personal use.Lets see what happens in future!

Sumo's biggest rival the bolero has constantly evolved with time, whereas the sumo has had nothing but loads of variants with different Body graphics!!

The Grande might have been successful initially if Tata had not named it "SUMO" grande.

If i was in the UV market with around 7 lakhs in my pocket, then the bolero would surely have been my pick.

Xylo's front may not be the best but it is certainly better than Grande's rear!
Yes i am standing for Xylo,i didn't mention Xylo was bad.

i cant agree with you more. It is lesser and also cramped than Xylo. Thats a main reason why my dad went for Xylo.

Guess it's the typo error.
Sumo's biggest rival the bolero has constantly evolved with time, whereas the sumo has had nothing but loads of variants with different Body graphics!!
Yep agree with that.

The Grande might have been successful initially if Tata had not named it "SUMO" grande.
That would also be a reason with people(white board) omitting it for the SUMO badge

Top Bottom