Tata Motors After Sales Service vs Maruti Suzuki After Sales Service

Thread Starter #1
I have been using Alto for last 7+ yrs. and bought a Manza recently. Yesterday I went for first service for my Manza. I was pleasantly surprised with the Tata ASS and thought to share with you all. BTW, we all know that Tata manufactures VFM cars while Maruti cars are a bit costly with lesser cabin space and Features than Tata.

It is worth to mention hare that I have always gone to the reputed Maruti ASS for every work of my Alto.

Time to Start Servicing: Tata starts servicing before committed time though Maruti always make my car waiting to start servicing.

Time to Deliver Car Back: Tata delivers the car 5-10 mins before commited delivery time whereas Maruti delivers around 1-1.5 hrs after committed delivery time.

Thing Inside Car: Tata notes meticulously each and every thing (like spare wheel, mud flap, floor mat, foot map etc. etc.) in front of the customer and rechecks them before delivery in front of the customer. Maruti notes 80% of the things inside car and I have never seen them rechecking the same. However, in Maruti I have never found anything stolen by ASS guys. One thing worth to mention here is that Tata notes the Tyre sl. no. as well to make sure that Tyres are not changed but Maruti does not.

Resolving Every Problem Reported: Tata resolves every problem reported themselves and show the customer that they are really resolved. Maruti always required follow-ups with 1-2 problems not resolved at the time of delivery. However, on re-reporting the problems, Maruti also resolved them.

Explanation of Work Done: Tata scores much better here.

Driving the Vehicle Before Delivery: Tata asks customer whether he wants a TD to be done by the SA and on saying Yes, they will take customer with them for TD. Maruti never does so except a few isolated scenarios when I asked specifically for TD by SA and no one was ready for the same!

Quality of Cleaning: Tata asks customers the quality of cleaning done and then customer signs saying that (s)he is happy with the cleaning done (a process in car servicing). Maruti car cleaning quality in ASS is not up to that mark.

Quality of Service: I felt quality of Service much better for Tata than Maruti.

Customer Lounge: Cleaniliness and amenities-wise, Tata scores much better then Maruti.

Charges of Service: Much Lower for Tata.

Is it because the difference between the price of the cars I have? Don't know. But any day, I;'ll differ the popular notion that "Maruti ASS is much better than Tata ASS", "Tata ASS sucks" etc. etc.

Last but not the least, for advantage of the members here are the ASSs I used:

1. Tata: Lexus Motors Budge Budge Trunk Road, Kolkata ASS
2. Maruti: Dewar's Garage Kolkata, ABT Maruti Guindy, Chennai ASS. Chennai ASS experience was better than Kolkata but none of them could match Tata ASS.

Re: Tata ASS vs. Maruti ASS Experience

While appreciating the effort comparing the overall quality of service provided at the respective TASS and MASS that you experienced so far, making any genaralisations on the same is better avoided.

BTW, this thread is better suited here, Dealership Reviews

zengetz

Suspended
Thanks for the review Sambit. Tata surely is getting everything right now and it's hard for some people to digest that Tata is coming working hard building up that trust with its customers.

Don't worry about others your views are not generalizing.

Thread Starter #6

There is no doubt about MASS being the best. But TATA is surely improving.
I think better to say is Maruti is degrading and Tata is improving. [:D]

I forgot to include one good point of Tata ASS. They are covering the driver's seat, steering and chrome finish of gear lever with polythin to make sure that nobody screws up the interior during handling. Maruti ASS has many times screwed up my interior.

Tata surely is getting everything right now and it's hard for some people to digest that Tata is coming working hard building up that trust with its customers.
Mind elaborating, if anything worth discussing here.
There is no doubt about MASS being the best.
I am not sure about this Dharmesh, but our experience [with Ertiga Zdi] at one of the Indus Motors, MASS in Kerala recently hasn't been any thing to write home about, be it their approach to the customer, the quality of work done or the time of delivery.
I think better to say is Maruti is degrading and Tata is improving.
With my recent experience at a MASS when compared to a few year old [around 5 year] experience at a TASS, I wouldn't rate the former any better.

As a TATA car owner, I have few experience to share here.

1st : One Saturday evening around 6:30, I switched ON my fog lamps but it was not working. Immediately I headed towards TASS. I reached there around 7pm and informed the issue. To my surprise, they immediately took my Vista inside the service and found the Fuse was the Kaput. they replaced the fuse free of cost and returned the car in 5mins. I was really surprised by the response of TASS and I liked the way they responded.

2nd : When ever I leave my Vista for service, they give a cover to keep all the things from the car. Even they will keep with them and return it when I get my car.

3rd : Whenever I go, they will provide Tea and they will ask me wait in waiting room.

4th : whenever I asked for TD the car, some supervisor will accompany me.

5th : Even I stood next to car, whenever they do the service. None of the guys asked me to go away from the place. Even I asked few doubts to the Electricians and Mechanics who work on my car. They all provided proper answer so far.

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended

Mind elaborating, if anything worth discussing here.
I will elaborate if you answer me in a yes/no. Do you believe Tata is improving and making conscious efforts putting the customer experiences on the top of their to-do list ?

Yes/No ?

Good to know that Tata ASS is improving and this is what we all here have been expecting since long.

On MASS, I believe at any point of time they are overloaded, I can see 100's of car being serviced by each station while with the same manpower, Tata's would be doing less than 40.

I have not used Tata ASS so have no idea about it but on MASS, every point mentioned by Sambit is absolutely correct. One has to be around them, keep pointing out things to them to get it done. Never experienced any sort of theft in MASS but misses in listed out issues is common.

One of my Office mate told me that, his Spare wheel and car cover has stolen from his Alto during the service.

When he was asking about the Spare wheel and car cover, MASS said that the cover and spare wheel was not there when he left the car. So he started servicing his car in local garage.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

5th : Even I stood next to car, whenever they do the service. None of the guys asked me to go away from the place. Even I asked few doubts to the Electricians and Mechanics who work on my car. They all provided proper answer so far.
And Maruti ASS says customers are not allowed inside the servicing shop.

One of my Office mate told me that, his Spare wheel and car cover has stolen from his Alto during the service.

When he was asking about the Spare wheel and car cover, MASS said that the cover and spare wheel was not there when he left the car. So he started servicing his car in local garage.
I've also heard many such instances from my acquintances/friends/relatives but by God's grace never experienced the same.

Last edited:
I will elaborate if you answer me in a yes/no.
You don't have to, if you wish[;)]

Do you believe Tata is improving and making conscious efforts putting the customer experiences on the top of their to-do list ? Yes/No ?
As per the OP, he has been getting his Maruti serviced at multiple MASSs for years and just had one single serivce at a TATA A.S.S, a comparison is fine but then a conclusion based on which I thought is a bit too early.

I haven't been to any of the TASS of late and not planning any, at preset as well, so can't comment. But certainly hearing some good online feedbacks about TASS, of late.
Meanwhile, you may find this earlier post of mine based on my personal experience, if at all you missed.
With my recent experience at a MASS when compared to a few year old [around 5 year] experience at a TASS, I wouldn't rate the former any better.

I think better to say is Maruti is degrading and Tata is improving. [:D]

I forgot to include one good point of Tata ASS. They are covering the driver's seat, steering and chrome finish of gear lever with polythin to make sure that nobody screws up the interior during handling. Maruti ASS has many times screwed up my interior.
I am not sure about MASS But I have Punto and I had deal with TASS before. Although they would surprise you few times with their service, But generally the service is as per expectation. Cannot say wow. But I dint have much expectation from them either. [;)]

Top Bottom