Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

How Much Satisfied You Are with Your Tata Car?

• Total voters
1) car model and variant - Sumo Gold GX 2013 model
2) date of purchase - Aug 2013
3) Kms travelled - 4100 Kms
4) build quality - Good so far - too early to say
5) Customer service experience ( good ,bad,worst or excellent) - Good - Concorde Motors, Baner, Pune
6) a.s.s experience ( good,bad,worst, or excellent) - Good - Concorde Motors, Baner, Pune
7) warranty issues - None
8) if the car has been vfm - Yes
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Driver side seat belt gets stuck & some buttons on the console get stuck
10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 8.5 - although too early to say

1) car model and variant - Storme LX
2) date of purchase - Jul 2013
3) Kms travelled - 2060 Kms
4) build quality - Good to Very Good so far
5) Customer service experience ( good ,bad,worst or excellent) - Good - Concorde Motors, Sanathnagar Hyderabad
6) a.s.s experience ( good,bad,worst, or excellent) - Good - Concorde Motors, SanathNagar, Hyderabad
8) if the car has been vfm - Absolutely
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Issue with Roof light not illuminating some times, loose contact in switch. Noise with the back door.
10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 9 - although too early to say

Re: Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

manufacturing month was April, 2010.

believe me... i got 4.15 Lakhs... [clap]
Frankly, I cannot afford to sell my car for 4.15. [cry] So I think I will take my chances with the car as I really like the car. I plan to be better prepared to face the shocking surprises that a Tata vehicle can throw at me, than give up.

Frankly, I cannot afford to sell my car for 4.15. [cry] So I think I will take my chances with the car as I really like the car. I plan to be better prepared to face the shocking surprises that a Tata vehicle can throw at me, than give up.
Sir, the toughest thing to replace your Manza is find a suitable option as you have been already pampered with space. Any car you drive after this will make you think, this car is cramp.

Sir, the toughest thing to replace your Manza is find a suitable option as you have been already pampered with space. Any car you drive after this will make you think, this car is cramp.
Very true. The only car I could think of is Honda city. And that is petrol...

My friend told me when I bought this car that I will never be satisfied with any other car as Tata cars offers the best space and comfort. (so true)

I am not giving in without a fight. Like I said I will take my chances with the car and fight all odds. [:D]

Correct replacement for manza would be ALTIS on comfort and space front, but discomfortable for vallet because it (altis price) would create lot of space inside it (the vallet) in one go.
Biggest advantage of manza is rear comfort and space. One needs ask himself that is it really required and if his family can manage with little compromise on that? If answer of the last question is ' yes ' then there are many options such as sunny, linea, Rapid, vento, sail sedan out of which linea and then sail stand ahead on VFM front. else Terrano, duster.

@ Tornado. You are correct.

But whenever you calculate VFM for the prices of any of the models you have mentioned it is a big let down. (Except Sail sedan maybe).

Manza's USP has been price vs VFM vs Comfort. (and also QJT engine)

@Anshuman, that's why you, me and HR, we all own a manza qjd.Neither sail was launched at that time nor its reliability is proven till now.

Here is my point of view:

1) car model and variant - Vista VX(QJD ABS)
2) date of purchase - April 2012
3) Kms travelled - 42,800Kms
4) build quality - Excellent
5) Customer service experience ( good ,bad,worst or excellent) - Good - Vijay Sales corp, Vellore
6) a.s.s experience ( good,bad,worst, or excellent) - Good -Vijay Sales corp/MY TVS, Vellore
7) warranty issues - Replace Bluetooth Mic before 10K Kms.
8) if the car has been vfm - Definitely
9) issues and niggles faced so far -
a. Bluetooth Mic was not worked. after replacing, it is working fine.
b. After 35K kms, received some tik tik sound from doors. corrected during 40K service.
10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 9 - Fully satisfied with my decision and enjoying each and every minute with Vista[:)]

Pic of My Vista(Whity) with 42,800 Kms on ODO :
2013-11-10 10.56.13.jpg

Last edited:

Manza's USP has been price vs VFM vs Comfort. (and also QJT engine)
After my Indica when I was planning to change it, Manza QJT was top on my list, to me it appeared like the Indian version of Merc E-series!

Of course if you need 5+ seating capacity even if it is occasionally then you have to go for an UV!

Last edited:

1) car model and variant - Tata Nano 2012 LX
2) date of purchase - November 2011
3) Kms travelled - 5500 Kms
4) build quality - Average
5) customer service experience - So far, its been excellent. 2 free services done.. got the vehicle delivered the same day.. both times, I just had one issue - the wiper blade - which they changed free of cost.
6) a.s.s experience - Excellent
7) warranty issues - None as of now
8) if the car has been vfm - YES
9) issues and niggles faced so far - just one - wiper blade
10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 10
Update # 2
Kms travelled - 10500 Kms
Customer service experience - It has been pleasantly good. One good thing that I observe with Wasan service center guys is whether you take an Aria or the Nano, their approach towards customer service will be the same.
Hoping that this continues as I do plan to own my Nano for few more years to come.
Warranty issues - None
Issues and niggles faced so far - the digital fuel meter does sometimes show inaccurate amount of fuel. Will be highlighting it this Saturday when I give my car for the 3rd (Labor Free) servicing.

I plan to accessorize my car in the upcoming weeks/months.
Suggestions, welcome [:)]

Everything in my car is stock, except the music system, which I fitted couple of months back.

Last edited:

Very true. The only car I could think of is Honda city. And that is petrol...

My friend told me when I bought this car that I will never be satisfied with any other car as Tata cars offers the best space and comfort. (so true)

I am not giving in without a fight. Like I said I will take my chances with the car and fight all odds. [:D]
you can consider a nissan sunny/Reanult scala too.

you can consider a nissan sunny/Reanult scala too.
If I was going to change my car, I would prefer the City. Yes Sunny/Scala are also spacious.

As of now, I am holding on to the Manza. I have replaced the timing chain. Got the car back on Sunday (with a miss aligned front bumper), and it was taken back today to get the bumper fixed properly. [frustration]

bhvm

Honoured Member

1) car model and variant - Safari TCIC 1948cc
2) date of purchase - 1998
3) Kms travelled - 206,000
4) build quality - Very solid. Extremely Heavy steel plates. Very tough Body construction (Built like a tank)
5) Customer service experience ( good ,bad,worst or excellent) - Vehicle wasn't sent to CS (I live in Village)
6) a.s.s experience ( good,bad,worst, or excellent) - Vehicle wasn't sent to ASS (I live in Village)
7) warranty issues - Vehcile Brough Out of warranty
8) if the car has been vfm - Nope
Boot Door lopsided due to heavy wheel
Fuel injectors leaked
Door laces went bad (AC leak and water entry)
Radio kaput
AC switches went bad

10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 6 - although difficult to say as I was in 7th grade
4) build quality - Extremely good. Built to last
5) Customer service experience ( good ,bad,worst or excellent) - Good -
Vehicle always sent to ASS with 100km trip one way
6) a.s.s experience ( good,bad,worst, or excellent) -Good -
Vehicle always sent to ASS with 100km trip one way
7) warranty issues - Vehicle brought out of warranty
8) if the car has been vfm - Absolutely. Got a used vehicle for 6.5 Lac (30k Km on ODO)
Boot Door lopsided due to heavy wheel
ECU hangs on slow traffic (causing huge engine vibration and shutdown)
Clutch gave away on Hill station

10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 8,one of the Most loved vehicles among our family. Also made Mods, Decals and Car PC in this one.

1) car model and variant - Indigo Marina LS (Manual)
2) date of purchase - Sometime in 2001
3) Kms travelled - 62,000
4) build quality - Worst, Metal sheet bending when Punched
5) Customer service experience ( good ,bad,worst or excellent) - Worst, dealership closed where we purchased, Next dealership 100km away
6) a.s.s experience ( good,bad,worst, or excellent) - Worst, dealership closed where we purchased, Next dealership 100km away
8) if the car has been vfm - Nope
Rear wheel bearings wearing out every 15k Kms
Wheels wearing out every 30k Kms
Uncomfortable seats
poor headlights
Bland Looks

10) satisfaction levels (-/10) - 4- Apart from decent Pick up, worst car i've buyed ever.

Top Bottom