Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

How Much Satisfied You Are with Your Tata Car?

• Total voters
Re: Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

1) car model and variant - SAFARI STORME VX 4X4
2) date of purchase FEB-2013
3) Kms travelled - 13000
4) build quality - Very Good
5) customer service experience - EXCELLENT
6) a.s.s experience - EXCELLENT
7) warranty issues - NONE
8) if the car has been vfm - So far so good
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Some issues have happened but have been fixed pretty fast and to my satisfaction
10) satisfaction levels - (8 /10)

1) car model and variant - SAFARI STORME VX 4X4
2) date of purchase FEB-2013
3) Kms travelled - 13000
4) build quality - Very Good
5) customer service experience - EXCELLENT
6) a.s.s experience - EXCELLENT
7) warranty issues - NONE
8) if the car has been vfm - So far so good
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Some issues have happened but have been fixed pretty fast and to my satisfaction
10) satisfaction levels - (8 /10)
[:)]Awesome!!!Good to hear about the beast!!!
Can you jot down the small niggles faced buddy..

[:)]Awesome!!!Good to hear about the beast!!!
Can you jot down the small niggles faced buddy..
Thanks. Have documented every worthwhile information (including niggles)about my beast as part of the ownership thread.

Check out for "Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (Pearl White) - Ownership Review".

Viewer's Discretion Advised, some gory pictures :-

I was intending to post this as an ownership thread, but I don't think ill be able to do justice to it regularly as this is not my regular ride. So this is my little tribute to a 15 year old Tata warrior - this is as reliable as it could get when it comes to a TATA - in my books the most reliable TATA ever!

Background :- 15 years of Duty done in abusive terrain and includes many cross country runs too(in the very distant past).

Current state is engine works in great condition, suspension makes noises but all is well!
The rear right leaf spring gave away this weekend, we had to do a desi jhugad of tying some rods etc to keep the suspension up and brought the vehicle back to site crawling at 10kmph. Its dangerous to drive this on roads now.

But i have just called the tata motors helpline, i need the full leaf spring replaced onsite - lets see if they can do. Its a miracle the leaf spring lasted nearly 14 years of abuse - but alas it gave up.

They kept me on hold for some time and tried reaching their breakdown team. Finally they promised to arrange a call back. I am hoping this tata team is really good. If anybody knows a good service centre around raigad/panvel please let me know. I want the job done at my site ideally.

IR,any plans to dispose off your trusted good ol' warrior? If yes then Bolero and Sumo GOLD are really good options(alongwith THAR 4X4).
It might not fetch me any value perhaps. But yes in terms of new acquisition i am beginning to think on the possible options. Btw is there any customer care email for tata motors, as expected i did not get any call back yet.

Here you go... customercare@tatamotors.com. They respond well.

My Manza has covered 43000 kms and it is high time I buy a tow rope/cable and keep it in the car. [frustration]

even i have mailed all my queries to them. they never reply for it. but the CSM from the TASS will call us and hear the problems.

i almost got fedup with them now for a brake issue which is going on for 3 years and i sold my Manza QJ Aura ABS (2010) for a decent price. Planning to upgrade to C-Segment Car.

@HR,

Hmm I read that story of breakdown, but you were lucky and it happened in city. But at times such things happen with every car, but the percentage is very less atleast in cars from Maruti. 3 years and 40k+ kilometers is not a big deal with a car having a nice fiat engine under the hood and your case is the faulty part from TML, so that is bit alarming to me and the case would have been very different it could have happened on a long trip and in a lone place. Yes I agree with you on that new rope to be bought[:)]

Top Bottom