Tata Manza Road Test Drive Review

Thread Starter #31
nice report zinam, good going.Well i actually didnt got the TD as vehicle was not available, but did checked out in person.Overall yes its a big big improvement from Tata Motors till now.Offers acres of space inside the cabin as well as in its boot area,............................
good review. i have never seen a tata vehicle with such good interiors and luxury car feel. all i have seen is dull black interiors and clumsy plastic parts. kudos to TATA for improving that.
Thanks Vijay and cooldhaya.

Excellent write-up zinam. Really strengthened my view on Manza. I'd consider this for out next car, replacing Logan.
Thanks CC, Thats great. keep us posted [cheers]

well i believe, in all tata cars the chairman himself mr.Ratan Tata sits in all his cars and looks into the space and comfort firstly before letting it out for public which is why all tata cars are spacious, so credit goes to Ratan Tatato test all his vehicles by himself, if he fits comfortable they all average indians can for sure.
Excellent Thought Vijay!!
Well Vijay & RSM, Its not a thought its true!
Can't beleive, Mr. Ratan Tata has said this in one of the interviews
during the launch of Nano [cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not a thought its true!

Can't beleive, Mr. Ratan Tata has said this in one of the interviews during the launch of Nano [cheers]
Ya. I had read it somewhere.He had said something like,I being a 6+ fits well in the Nano so is should not be a problem for other people.[:D]

Ya. I had read it somewhere.He had said something like,I being a 6+ fits well in the Nano so is should not be a problem for other people.[:D]
This is incredible.. I never knew this. This shows the commitment[thumbsup]

Zinam, great pictures dude!! You have covered everything anybody can cover for testing a car.

had a chance to checkout few tata/fiat cars yesterday.Man what a space inside manza.I mean when i was in the drivers seat, i am 6'1", rear passenger had enough space to stretch his legs, even i was pretty comfortable in rear seats.Boot, ah awesome space that two adults can sleep properly.Overall visibility was good too.Steering was a quite smaller compared to my indica, would prefer a middle size of both.Plastic quality, yes dash,seats,body built,panel gaps are far better and best car offered so far from TATA, but few places plastics were too shabby and felt that it might come out if holded more firmly.Price for diesel is on higher side IMO for tata vehicles.Wished if they could have offered all variants by 70-1L lesser price, it would have done wonders.Seems tata is not targetting volume here.

Also saw second anniversary vista golden brown shade, looked superb.Already have posted its images so not posting it again.There were 20-30 Nanos lying gutted with dust and muds, seems its euphoria has died down after much of hype and chaios.

Last edited:
vijay come-on, at least on price, Tata is best VFM.
Any pictures to share of vista?
yes i know its VFM,but then remember its TATA and not some German,Jap or European brand.For its top end manza, nearly 8 Lacs, one would prefer other options available, thats our market trend.To avail maximum benifit, tata should have given some mouth watering price.Even I was thinking to buy a sedan from hatchback, but then this product, yes superb from tata, nice engine and space nothing to say about, still too up.I mean how would you shift a Dzire Vdi buyer, getting it for 6.4L to change his decision and go for manza which costs 7.2L with almost same features with more space.I dont think so.

here the link to our already having thread for second anniversary vista with pictures.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392

Last edited:
Yes Tata is not German,Jap or European, but has the capability to buy one of the biggest brand in the world.
absolutely, no doubt, lets not get into debate about TATA Motors capability, what i said was our market's mindset, common man's vision for tata cars.

absolutely, no doubt, lets not get into debate about TATA Motors capability, what i said was our market's mindset, common man's vision for tata cars.
Dear Vijay

sorry,but I dont agree with you totally, TATA have overcome most of its drawbacks with the launch of Manza.Previously i also never liked TATA's vehicles right from indica upto Safari(except its styling and ultimate SUV appearance), basically for the looks,refinements,stability,etc.But first I liked Vista and now Manza also.The overall height is high,no doubt, but the cornering and stability is not compromised as other TATAs of similar heights.
Even one of my client who is a die-hard fan of hyundai and thought of buying verna, but after the launch of manza he thought of visiting the dealer just for checking manza casually, on that visit only he test driven and rightaway payed 30k as advance and booked manza.He was FIRST MANZA OWNER OF HYDERABAD.Taste of Indian auto buyers is changing rapidly.

Tata cars never dissappoint on the ground of space,styling(Safari DICOR,Vista,Manza,Nano) but what really disappoints is the ASS and the quality.

Thread Starter #43
I agree to all your views!

But TATA is really working hard on ASS & Reliability now.

I hope the dealership should be rechecked again now.

Because these are the people who spoil the images of manufacturers!

I personally know two TATA dealers here.

When ever i ask people going to Concorde they said their car is the best car, but at the other end people started hating TATA cars!

I agree to all your views!

But TATA is really working hard on ASS & Reliability now.
yes they surely are working on,but still a lot needs to be improved.

I hope the dealership should be rechecked again now.
for me this is the priority, i believe most of the time its dealers part where reputation changes for tata motors.

Because these are the people who spoil the images of manufacturers!

I personally know two TATA dealers here.

When ever i ask people going to Concorde they said their car is the best car, but at the other end people started hating TATA cars!
@zinam, my replies in bold.

@DD & Aakash, surely i believe what you say and yes time has changed and people's mindset have changed as well, but then if its seen with the % of changes figures, its too minimal, something from ground base,till dealership needs to be scutnised and let people start really going for tata passengers cars,which is somewhere not happening.Dealership part really needs to be pulled up by TATA Motors.

Sorry for OT mods.

vijay i see you own an indica so can you please shed some light on after sales service of Tata Motors?

Top Bottom