Tata Manza Road Test Drive Review

Great Stuff Zinam and Vibhor.... [clap]
I feel as if I myself have test driven the car [:)]

I really like the Interiors, very different from the usual Tata Cars....

Only thing which bothers me about Tata Cars is the realiability....
I guess everyone's heard the News today about 3 Tata Nanos catching Fire...

Thread Starter #18
great write up zinam. Kudos TAI.

i absolutely loved the head unit, it's beige colour matches the rest of the interiors & its design is good too. also, the instrument console is great.

and i see a mobile charger behind the rear seat. great stuff tata.

congrats for such a detailed report again. zinam, you deserve a
Thanks Raj, Manza is really a great VFM product from house of TATA

Detailed and excellent report Adam and Vibhor! Great going

Loved the interior and dash pictures! Looks way more luxurious than any other Indian car ever produced!

one small correction - wrong URL in the first pic!
Thanks whackedonce! Yes the interiors are really luxurious compared to any other TATA car!

This is one of the best review i have ever seen.
Congrats to both of you!!

Yes Manza looks to give tough time to Dzire, Accent, Ikon etc.. This is a nice car for that value.

One of my colleague is going to test drive after reading this review.
Thanks RSM! Thats a great credit for us [:D] Ask your friend to give his comments on our review after TDing.

Excellent work buddy! This is a 100% complete review.

Regarding the rear design of Manza, I saw one car yesterday early morning (Around 5.30 AM) when I was at the bus stop. I could immediately sense the origin of boot design for Manza ! Unfortunately I couldn't identify the model / make of the car I saw, but its not TATA for sure as it was registered in Denmark, nor it was test car. I will do a reaserch on that one and keep every one posted if I have any findings on that one.
Thanks Shynish! Yes, we are waiting to know the orgin of Manza!

Excellent report guys. You have actually made me like this car without even seeing it in real.

THE FIRST EVER TATA car i have liked till date. Nice job by TATA.
Thanks Neil. Even the whole Automotive world loves this car [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
What about that Alloy Wheel Matter Zinam which I asked in my previous post?
Does the top end Aura version comes with Wheel Covers?

@Sohit, Thank you. Yes, Long Term Reliability is still an issue with Tata vehicles as pointed out the report as well, But let's hope as the Tata's cars are improving day by day, The same happens with their A.S.S too!

@Sriharsha, Check this link regarding the electrical issues in Nano.

Drive Safe!
350Z

napster

Suspended
nice writeup..this car sure has parts from vista. and good to know that tata has improved its plastics quality, hope they increase improve their A.S.S too. that would help a lot

Thread Starter #21
ecxcellent review zinam!!
really enjoyed reading through it!
i am also impressed with the car itself.
like neil, this is the first TATA i like!
Thanks Archit!

Great Stuff Zinam and Vibhor.... [clap]
I feel as if I myself have test driven the car [:)]

I really like the Interiors, very different from the usual Tata Cars....

Only thing which bothers me about Tata Cars is the realiability....
I guess everyone's heard the News today about 3 Tata Nanos catching Fire...
Thanks Sohit! We have taken enough care in posting this review here to make every one feel that they have driven themselves

ultimate review zinam and 350z.
@ sohit
whats the news about the nano??? please give more info ar provide a link.
Thanks Sriharsha!

What about that Alloy Wheel Matter Zinam which I asked in my previous post?
Does the top end Aura version comes with Wheel Covers?

@Sohit, Thank you. Yes, Long Term Reliability is still an issue with Tata vehicles as pointed out the report as well, But let's hope as the Tata's cars are improving day by day, The same happens with their A.S.S too!

@Sriharsha, Check this link regarding the electrical issues in Nano.

Drive Safe!
350Z
I forgot to MQ your question vibhor!

No Even Aura + is not having alloys [shock]

nice writeup..this car sure has parts from vista. and good to know that tata has improved its plastics quality, hope they increase improve their A.S.S too. that would help a lot
Thanks Napster

nice report zinam, good going.Well i actually didnt got the TD as vehicle was not available, but did checked out in person.Overall yes its a big big improvement from Tata Motors till now.Offers acres of space inside the cabin as well as in its boot area, which is huge and deep inside which one surprises to see how do they offer such deep boot area without compromising rear seat comfort.Space has always been TATA's UPS and will be so.Overall fit and finish is impressive along with better panel gaps.roof has side curvings for water passing which is a nice thought.wheels are 15" and seemed better placed then tiny 14" which rightfully tata didnt go for.Handles outside as well as inside is something i was not happy with, not fitted perfectly and felt loose and filmsy.My V2 handle grabs are better placed and fitted.It shakes if holded firmly and i was doubting what if someone elder grabs with full weight to get inside, might fall.Steering congrols are great addition from Tata but switches on steering feels filmsy and too tiny to use.glove box has a small pocket inside to keep user manuals, nice idea which gives some more space inside glove box.Aura+ which has dual airbags,ABS, Sense driver seat also has alloy wheels, while Aura has ABS with 15" wheels.A good 16" would have done wonders but still they seemed good.Overall Tata has came up with a good car with good packaging with few plastic issues still left out seen, but pricing and space with more power from quadrajet engine wouldsurely see this car out on roads with good amount of bookings.diesel starts from 6.30/- on road Ahmedabad for base model till 7.60/- for Aura+.

good review. i have never seen a tata vehicle with such good interiors and luxury car feel. all i have seen is dull black interiors and clumsy plastic parts. kudos to TATA for improving that.

Last edited by a moderator:
got a call from pune Tata motors for my enquiry for Manza and a TD for quadrajet would be done within 48 hrs from a dealer nearby my office or home.

Arun

Suspended
My views:
Excellent pricing. Kudos Tata.

(1)What about the panel gaps in the exterior? Has Tata rectified that glitch as well?

(2)What about the "feel" of the car? Don't miss that guys. Does it appeal to you driving DNA?

The looks are not my taste but should go well. You are right, the tail-lamps are nothing to be writing home about. Looks bad!

(3)You have stated that even if the front seats are pushed back to the max, it doesn't touch the knees of the person sitting behind. What is your height? Height makes a difference, please elaborate on that as well.

Excellent review guys! Keep it up! The quality will improve with time!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Last edited:
well Arun all i can say regarding the space available on rear seats is i am 6"1' and even after pushing drivers seat back, i was able to seat on rear seats comfortable with enough knee space available say around 3-4 inches more.

Arun

Suspended
That is good news then. The bulky corporates will fit in just fine!! Going by the fact that you are 6"1', a person who is 6"4' can easily sit in the back with the front seats completely pushed back.

well i believe, in all tata cars the chairman himself mr.Ratan Tata sits in all his cars and looks into the space and comfort firstly before letting it out for public which is why all tata cars are spacious, so credit goes to Ratan Tatato test all his vehicles by himself, if he fits comfortable they all average indians can for sure.

well i believe, in all tata cars the chairman himself mr.Ratan Tata sits in all his cars and looks into the space and comfort firstly before letting it out for public which is why all tata cars are spacious, so credit goes to Ratan Tatato test all his vehicles by himself, if he fits comfortable they all average indians can for sure.
Excellent Thought Vijay!!

Top Bottom